ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E application, email from UKVI

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

k7501

T1E application, email from UKVI

Post by k7501 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Hello everyone! I need some help, I recently applied to switch from T1GE to T1E, showed a recent investment of £150k, but because it was less than 90 days ago, I submitted 3rd party evidence (letter from the investors + legal letter)
I got the following email yesterday

hank you for your application, which is currently being considered. Please note that we have identified a minor omission with regards to the evidence that has been submitted.

"We are therefore asking you to submit We are therefore asking you to submit evidence of investment, your [investors] letter states that [over 100k] has already been invested in to [my company], however we do not have sufficient evidence to show this.

The Immigration Rules state when funds have been invested we need an accountants letter, audited or unaudited accounts showing the funds that have been invested and If the applicant is a director of a business, the business must be registered for corporation tax and the applicant must provide documentation from HM Revenue & Customs which confirms this.

Please note that we are only able to accept the original document(s) received within UK Border Agency within 7 working days of this email. We therefore strongly recommend that you send the document(s) by special next day delivery and reply to this e-mail address giving details of the Special Delivery Number. No further extension will be given if the requested information is not provided within the seven days."

So, I got letter from an accountant confirming the investment has been made, an investment contract, a letter (with ref numbers) from HMRC and unaudited accounts up to 15 JAN 2015. The accountant's letter confirms that the next accounts aren't due till 15 JAN 2016 and haven't been made yet.

Do you this that this will be enough or I should try and get something else in there as well?

Thanks a lot!

Tier1newbie

Re: T1E application, email from UKVI

Post by Tier1newbie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 am

k7501 wrote:Hello everyone! I need some help, I recently applied to switch from T1GE to T1E, showed a recent investment of £150k, but because it was less than 90 days ago, I submitted 3rd party evidence (letter from the investors + legal letter)
I got the following email yesterday

hank you for your application, which is currently being considered. Please note that we have identified a minor omission with regards to the evidence that has been submitted.

"We are therefore asking you to submit We are therefore asking you to submit evidence of investment, your [investors] letter states that [over 100k] has already been invested in to [my company], however we do not have sufficient evidence to show this.

The Immigration Rules state when funds have been invested we need an accountants letter, audited or unaudited accounts showing the funds that have been invested and If the applicant is a director of a business, the business must be registered for corporation tax and the applicant must provide documentation from HM Revenue & Customs which confirms this.

Please note that we are only able to accept the original document(s) received within UK Border Agency within 7 working days of this email. We therefore strongly recommend that you send the document(s) by special next day delivery and reply to this e-mail address giving details of the Special Delivery Number. No further extension will be given if the requested information is not provided within the seven days."

So, I got letter from an accountant confirming the investment has been made, an investment contract, a letter (with ref numbers) from HMRC and unaudited accounts up to 15 JAN 2015. The accountant's letter confirms that the next accounts aren't due till 15 JAN 2016 and haven't been made yet.

Do you this that this will be enough or I should try and get something else in there as well?

Thanks a lot!
I would only provide what they have asked for, nothing more nothing less. Just make sure that the accounts mention your investment into the company clearly and highlight it with a marker.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for your reply. That's the thing, the letter from my accountant mentions that the accounts haven't been made yet for the period when the investment came through, however he does confirm that it did, including some proof. Last time the accounts were made and filled was in January 2015, and the next aren't due till 2016

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:33 am

k7501 wrote:Thanks for your reply. That's the thing, the letter from my accountant mentions that the accounts haven't been made yet for the period when the investment came through, however he does confirm that it did, including some proof. Last time the accounts were made and filled was in January 2015, and the next aren't due till 2016

You will need management accounts which your accountant will be able to make period ending last month.
S

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Thanks for your reply!

My accountant says that he won't be able to complete accounts for the past 11 months at such a short notice. But with a letter from him confirming the investment, given that the letter says that a letter is ok, would there be a problem to expect? Does it mean that everything else is most likely ok? Please share any thoughts

Tier1newbie

Post by Tier1newbie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:32 pm

k7501 wrote:Thanks for your reply!

My accountant says that he won't be able to complete accounts for the past 11 months at such a short notice. But with a letter from him confirming the investment, given that the letter says that a letter is ok, would there be a problem to expect? Does it mean that everything else is most likely ok? Please share any thoughts
I would take a letter from the accountant confirming that he is not able to provide accounts for this year and also confirming that the investment has been made. I would attach copies of the business bank accounts statements highlighting the entries which confirm that investment have been made and attach a copy of last year's accounts to re inforce that the investment has been made. Just make sure the investment agreement is before the date of your investment.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:08 am

ALright, thanks a lot. Mailed the docs yesterday, hoping for the best now

diamond07
Newly Registered

Post by diamond07 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:41 pm

You are lucky that at least they mailed you asking for doc. You should not give them a chance to reject your application. Here is my advises:

1. First of all, your accountant must be regulated by appropriate regulatory body.

2. You must submit management accounts for last twelve months and in that report, you should highlight the investment section.

3. Optionally, you should also submit business bank statements for last twelve months and highlight investment entries.

4. Check what will be regarded as investment.

5. If possible submit all the purchase invoices which has come from your investment.

6. Get clarification of one point, whether just transferring fund from personal account to business account will be regarded as investment or not. You must have purchase something for investment. Check these two points.

7. Dont forget, even though you have posted documents, you can submit more documents via mail or post and request them to consider those docs.

8. Only letter without management account, i m sure will not be accepted from accountant.

k7501 wrote:ALright, thanks a lot. Mailed the docs yesterday, hoping for the best now

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am

In case people are interested:

17/11/2015 - Previous leave expiry date + the date of the fresh T1E application
24/11/2015 - Biometrics letter
26/11/2015 - Biometrics submitted
07/12/2015 - Accounts requested (didn't include any to start with, silly)
10/12/2015 - Accounts submitted
16/12/2015 - Approval letter sent
17/12/2015 - Documents received
today (hopefully) - Awaiting BRP :)

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 pm

18/11/2015 - BRPs arrived, all good!

k7501

Post by k7501 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:25 am

It also might be worth mentioning that I have had an outstanding trial for a criminal offence (minor traffic) that they did not wait for the result of, I did however explain about what it's about in the application

Tier1newbie

Post by Tier1newbie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Congratulations and its good to know that they are processing the visas quick enough and also asking for documents in some cases if not all the cases.

All the best for the future.