ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Ilr problem with passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azfa12
Newly Registered

10 years Ilr problem with passport

Post by azfa12 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:40 am

Hi
I am applying for wife ILR on 10 years basis in Jan 2016,recently her pakistani passport got expired and I applied for the renewal.now when I received her passport today her surname is spelled wrong by the time the consulate correct the mistake her ilr will be due her dependent visa expires 7 days after her 10 years period.what options I have got if I am not able to get her passport from consulate on time.....please help.....

geriatrix

Re: 10 years Ilr problem with passport

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:52 pm

She can make an out of time application within 28 days after her current leave expires. Overstay of 28 days or less will be ignored.
Will she be able to get a new passport within that timeframe?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

azfa12
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years Ilr problem with passport

Post by azfa12 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:She can make an out of time application within 28 days after her current leave expires. Overstay of 28 days or less will be ignored.
Will she be able to get a new passport within that timeframe?
Hopefully she will be able to get but I want to avoid the out of time option..still thanks for reply

azfa12
Newly Registered

19 days short of 10 years(ILR) Please help.......

Post by azfa12 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:17 am

hi
my wife and my son are applying for the ILR on 10 years basis right now they are on tier 1 Dependant visa and i am on ILR. their time scale is as follows

visa stamp granted on 5/1/06
Entry to UK 27/3/06
visa expiry is 10/2/16

so if we include the 28 day period she would be eligible to apply on 29/2/16 and thats still short of 19 days.

please seniors do let me know whats the best and most economical way to fill this gap.....ideally what options i have got please .......advice....

ILR10YEARBASIS

Re: 19 days short of 10 years(ILR) Please help.......

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:49 am

you should be ok. make a postal application on 09/02/2016. make sure application is sent via special next day recorded delivery and you keep the proof of posting safe. once they do biometic ,they will have cross the ten years limit so their application will be successful provided all other conditions are met such LIUK and English language . Have a good read of set lr guidance. Yours is a staright forward application .

azfa12 wrote:hi
my wife and my son are applying for the ILR on 10 years basis right now they are on tier 1 Dependant visa and i am on ILR. their time scale is as follows

visa stamp granted on 5/1/06
Entry to UK 27/3/06
visa expiry is 10/2/16

so if we include the 28 day period she would be eligible to apply on 29/2/16 and thats still short of 19 days.

please seniors do let me know whats the best and most economical way to fill this gap.....ideally what options i have got please .......advice....

azfa12
Newly Registered

Post by azfa12 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 pm

I think they consider the date of application as the date when 10 years are completed instead the date after the biometric thats my understanding.
I am thinking for going for flr(fp) and then vary the application but the problem here is i have to pay for NHs surcharge and i may not get a refund for orignal fees also.please advice if there is a better way to save some money....money is really tight here....thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:17 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

azfa12
Newly Registered

varying an application 17 days short of 10 years

Post by azfa12 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:21 pm

hi
i applied FLR-FP for my wife and son as they were 17 days short of 10 years and than varied the application when they completed there 10 years.The day i posted the the new varied application i received the biometric for the FLP-FP application.My question is do i need to do the biometric for the first one or just leave it any one with any experience here please.

thanks

azfa12
Newly Registered

ILR succes with 19 days gap, varied application and fine

Post by azfa12 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:29 pm

hi
applied for my wife's and son ILR on 10 years long residence.the wife and the kid were on tier 1 dependent i got my ILR (10 years route) last year but didn't changed their dependent visa so kept them on tier 1 dependent for more than a year.
They had a gap of 19 days in 10 years completion so applied for FLR(FP) and then varied the application 28 days before the completion of 10 years.one more problem with wife's visa application was a fine from court for driving without taxed vehicle this fine was issued 9 months back and hence clearly mentioned on the application form.
it took 4 complete months for the whole process from varying to issuance of ILR. i am extremely thankful for this community to help me else i would have been wasting 1000 pounds on solicitor fees.The Application was varied by simple covering letter with the ILR(LR) application.The Sheffield office which deals with flr(fp) was also informed of the variation by simple letter.
The home office was quick in refunding the flr(fp) fees but still waiting for IHS refund.
i would be glad please if any one could let me know where to contact regarding the NHS surcharge refund the home office phone line is a joke any email address will be highly appreciated.

thanks

zidane

Re: ILR succes with 19 days gap, varied application and fine

Post by zidane » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:25 am

no you dont have to as you have already varied your application , giving the old bio wouldnt mean that you wont have to do the ilr bio comin shortly , ignore the bio of fp as its not a valid application anymore,