ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on Naturalisation form - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nats1001
Newly Registered

Mistake on Naturalisation form - please help

Post by nats1001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 am

Dear Members,

I have been following this forum and so hoping you can help.. I have made a couple of mistakes in my application which I submitted via NCS last week.

Firstly in place of entry I have written Leeds ( as I assumed they wanted to know what was last point of destination) instead of Manchester which was the first port of entry into uk in 2009 . This is such a stupid mistake.

Secondly I have recently joined a new company 4 months back and so I was only able to provide the tax reference number of the old employer as per the P45 and not of the new one.

Do you think they will write back seeking clarifications on these points or reject straightaway ?

and finally is the date of receipt as per courier tracking service considered the day HO receives the application ?

Any help on the points above will be really helpful

Regards

noajthan

Re: Mistake on Naturalisation form - please help

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:25 am

nats1001 wrote:Dear Members,

I have been following this forum and so hoping you can help.. I have made a couple of mistakes in my application which I submitted via NCS last week.

Firstly in place of entry I have written Leeds ( as I assumed they wanted to know what was last point of destination) instead of Manchester which was the first port of entry into uk in 2009 . This is such a stupid mistake.

Secondly I have recently joined a new company 4 months back and so I was only able to provide the tax reference number of the old employer as per the P45 and not of the new one.

Do you think they will write back seeking clarifications on these points or reject straightaway ?

and finally is the date of receipt as per courier tracking service considered the day HO receives the application ?

Any help on the points above will be really helpful

Regards
HO should write to you if clarification is required; (you should not be penalised for honest mistakes).

Date of application is date of receipt by the receiving authority;
as per HO Nationality instructions:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf
- see 6.3.3
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nats1001
Newly Registered

Post by nats1001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Thank you very much.

Would you if it's ok to withdraw the application (to make amends and then re-submit) and are there any future ramifications of doing this?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:54 pm

nats1001 wrote:Thank you very much.

Would you if it's ok to withdraw the application (to make amends and then re-submit) and are there any future ramifications of doing this?

Thanks
You won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK.
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

nats1001
Newly Registered

Post by nats1001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:34 pm

thanks.. so would you recommend that i wait for home office to come back if they need clarifications ?

Alternatively could I send them an update ( on errors made) proactively once I receive a confirmation of receipt from HO ?

regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:38 pm

nats1001 wrote:thanks.. so would you recommend that i wait for home office to come back if they need clarifications ?

Alternatively could I send them an update ( on errors made) proactively once I receive a confirmation of receipt from HO ?

regards
Either approach would appear sensible, depending on your peace of mind.
Good luck.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:52 am

nats1001 wrote:thanks.. so would you recommend that i wait for home office to come back if they need clarifications ?

regards

The second approach is more appropriate at least you can avoid delays in your approval if you are proactive rather than wait.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:37 pm

I personally wouldn't think writing Manchester or Leeds (in your case) would make a big difference to your application. If they run a quick check they might realise that you landed in Manchester instead of Leeds..

About the PAYE number... As long as you haven't had any issues with HMRC (tax) ... in the line of self-employment... it should be fine
I think they will do a quick check and as long as all your taxes are paid up to date .. then it should be fine

anyways think you can write them or call them or email them on what you should do
there is a phone number and an email in the following link

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/british ... ationality