ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Special Consideration waiting times?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ely086
Newly Registered

Special Consideration waiting times?

Post by Ely086 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi,

I applyed for ILR 18 months ago and because my application was late and i'm a dependent over 18, they sent it to a different department for special consideration.
Its been ages havn't heard anything from them and i'm getting worried has anyone been in same situation and how long did it take for them to decide and return your passports?

Has anyone's passport been lost by them?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:41 pm

I've a few outstanding for two years now.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

was

Re: Special Consideration waiting times?

Post by was » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:03 am

Ely086 wrote:Hi,

I applyed for ILR 18 months ago and because my application was late and i'm a dependent over 18, they sent it to a different department for special consideration.
Its been ages havn't heard anything from them and i'm getting worried has anyone been in same situation and how long did it take for them to decide and return your passports?

Hi ely
on what basis did u applied for ilr. i mean on what status ur main applicant is. i have applied for ilr and its 2 months idint heard anything from them. iam bit worried. i need my pp for job search. when i call them they say its still under further consideration.

Ely086
Newly Registered

Post by Ely086 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 am

When we first put in application my dad had permanant residence but not nationality, he's only just got nationality, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
We were all on an ancestral visa but because I'm over 18 I had to apply for ilr seperately as a dependent of my dads so we used set(F) form.

They sent me a letter tho saying that it was going to a different department for special consideration so unless they've told you that its not being treated as normal then I wouldnt worry yet.

You are supposedly allowed to request your passport back for things like looking for a job but we've tried so my dad could get his and we havn't heard from them. My dad's been using the letter that says they've got our pasports to apply for jobs but then he already has ilr.

Ely086
Newly Registered

Post by Ely086 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:13 am

VictoriaS wrote:I've a few outstanding for two years now.

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

So have you had applications from before that have come back?
How long did they take?
Is this the norm or do they just have a really long back log at the moment?

Ely

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 pm

It is the norm for applications made 12 months ago. There is no way of telling how long they will take.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Special Consideration waiting times?

Post by sakura » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:17 pm

Ely086 wrote:Hi,

What do you mean by you application was late? Do you mean you had overstayed?? If so, by how long? What have you been doing since then, seeing as you don't have your passport (right?)?

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Once it gets a reasonable way over 12 months, you can judicially review the failure to make a decision. That should only be done if your application is rock solid, though.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.