ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting home country Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khus9201
Newly Registered

Visiting home country Pakistan

Post by khus9201 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:47 am

Dear Respected Members,

I was wondering if anyone could advice on the following:

I came in the UK as dependent of my father (aged 13). My father claimed asylum, that was successful after passing the interview at HO after 2 years. Was given 5 years refugee status (LLR) after that applied for ILR protection route and was granted ILR as a dependent of my father. After waiting for 1 year, applied for British citizenship and was successful in aug 2014.

Now I hold British passport, I have not visited my home country in the last 11 years. Would there be any problem if I visit Pakistan on my British passport now? As I am aware of the fact that when my father claimed asylum, we could not go back to Pakistan and also whilst on refugee status for 5 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Khus9201

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Visiting home country Pakistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:10 am

khus9201 wrote:Dear Respected Members,

I came in the UK as dependent of my father (aged 13). My father claimed asylum, that was successful after passing the interview at HO after 2 years. Was given 5 years refugee status (LLR) after that applied for ILR protection route and was granted ILR as a dependent of my father. After waiting for 1 year, applied for British citizenship and was successful in aug 2014.

Now I hold British passport, I have not visited my home country in the last 11 years. Would there be any problem if I visit Pakistan on my British passport now? As I am aware of the fact that when my father claimed asylum, we could not go back to Pakistan and also whilst on refugee status for 5 years.

Many thanks
Khus9201
I think, you won't have problem in travelling to Pakistan provided you have valid visa for Pakistan or Pakistani ID card or passport.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:14 am

UKBALoveStory wrote:
khus9201 wrote:Dear Respected Members,

Many thanks
Khus9201
I think, you won't have problem in travelling to Pakistan provided you have valid visa for Pakistan or Pakistani ID card or passport.
I believe khus9201 is concerned that his family's claim for asylum may be considered to have been false if he is now able to return to a country which was said to be unsafe. I can't confirm either way, but hopefully there will be others who can.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:28 am

Thanks for the response guys! But when you apply for citizenship it clearly say that if you gain citizenship your refugee status willno longer be vaild. So meaning I am not a refugee anymore but a British citizen. I hope someone will be able to help. I will get a visa for visiting on my British passport.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:05 am

You can go to Pakistan after getting Nationality. There is no restrictions upon you or your family after naturalization.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:27 am

Thank you everyone for their input. Please could this possible if someone can provide me with reference from Home office documents etc. And does an Immigration officer has a right ask me questions at the airport about my family's previous status in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:54 am

khus9201 wrote:Thank you everyone for their input. Please could this possible if someone can provide me with reference from Home office documents etc. And does an Immigration officer has a right ask me questions at the airport about my family's previous status in the UK?
I am not sure there is specific HO documents that you are looking for. Perhaps one of the other mods/members can advise.

An immigration officer at the airport can ask you anything about your history. Your history will pop up on their system so they will know what they need to know about you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:21 am

CR001 wrote:
khus9201 wrote:Thank you everyone for their input. Please could this possible if someone can provide me with reference from Home office documents etc. And does an Immigration officer has a right ask me questions at the airport about my family's previous status in the UK?
I am not sure there is specific HO documents that you are looking for. Perhaps one of the other mods/members can advise.

An immigration officer at the airport can ask you anything about your history. Your history will pop up on their system so they will know what they need to know about you.
Thanks CR001! if there are no HO document confirming the above. Please is there anyone who has done this? For example, he /she was a refugee before but no BC and hold British passport and has travelled back to their home land such as Pakistan.

Please any help will be greatly appropriated! I need to confirm ASAP so that I can send my passport of for a visiting to Pakistan.

Newuser662
Newly Registered

Post by Newuser662 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi All, Hope you're well

Based on the subject of this forum, once my spouse arrives wen can she go back to Pakistan for a holiday? Thanks

Newuser662
Newly Registered

Post by Newuser662 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi All, Hope you're well

Based on the subject of this forum, once my spouse arrives wen can she go back to Pakistan for a holiday? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Newuser662 wrote:Hi All, Hope you're well

Whenever she wishes if she has a valid visa to return to the UK.

It is rude to hijack another user thread, especially if your circumstances are not similar in any way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Newuser662 wrote:Hi All, Hope you're well

Whenever she wishes if she has a valid visa to return to the UK.

It is rude to hijack another user thread, especially if your circumstances are not similar in any way.
CR001, please can you delete this thread?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:45 pm

We don't delete threads.

Do you mean you want YOUR topic deleted or the post by the other user asking a question in your thread?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:55 pm

They can and might ask you questions upon return to UK about your visit to pakistan as when you enter the country they scan your passport and your previous FULL immigration history is available to the officer and they can ask you questions whatever they feel could be relevant.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.