ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 GENERAL TO ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iqkhanuk

TIER 1 GENERAL TO ILR

Post by iqkhanuk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:40 pm

All,

Can you please advise if for application of ILR we need to pass Life in UK. I was told by solicitor that it is required for British citizen ship which is year after. I am looking to apply for ILR in Sep 2016.

Please see the link below
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa
I am confused now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER 1 GENERAL TO ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:48 pm

You need Life in the UK for ILR and you need to meet the English language requirement. You are only exempt from life in the UK if you are under 18 or over 64.

Given that your solicitor does not know this important requirement for ILR, perhaps you should find another one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iqkhanuk

Post by iqkhanuk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks Char

I hav sent him the text dont know why he didnt know this.

Are there any useful links for the tests.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Life in the UK is MUST for ILR. If you look for your form (SET(O)), you will be see the columns for filling in the details of Like in the UK
Last edited by Reckon on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shknissar
Newly Registered

Post by Shknissar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi

can someone please advise about English language requirements for ILR.The SET O has no mention of your exemption if you have fulfilled your requirements for extension or during initial grant of visa and only mentions about certificate from NARIC.The home office website though does mention that you need not to retake the test.very confusing!
Can anyone advise please.Input from people who have recently been granted ILR on Tier 1 General would be useful.
Thanks