ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important Question Re My Passport expiry

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cancerian

Important Question Re My Passport expiry

Post by cancerian » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:22 am

Hi there guys i am in a bit of Worry, I hope you guys can help me out.
Basically I am on Enterprenuer Visa and I want to call my wife as a dependent all of her documents are ready. But my passport is due to expire on February 29 2016. Can you please tell me whether I should renew my passport and apply for her visa or can I apply before. Because I got my visa valid till 2018.
I need legal advice please.
Thanks in advance.

buntyz

Re: Important Question Re My Passport expiry

Post by buntyz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:17 am

if she is applying outside the UK then you guys dont need to send your passport with the application so u cn renew it anytime.

Bluestone999
Newly Registered

Post by Bluestone999 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 am

I think so your passport copy and visa copy is enough.
Good Luck

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:31 am

Thank you guys for your replies.
Any moderators or senior members would like to comment on it please. As I have done all the wotk but my passport is about to expire.

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

buntyz wrote:if she is applying outside the UK then you guys dont need to send your passport with the application so u cn renew it anytime.
I dont need to send my passport anyway the issue is with expiry
They might reject her visa because of my expired passport as I am her Sponsor. I want eleminate that risk actually.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi,

I believe it does not matter if your passport is going to be expired soon as you are not going to travel but only submitting the copies of your passport + visa. They will focus on the validity of your visa documents and as long as your passport is even valid for few days it should be ok. But its not a good idea if the passport has already passed his expiry date.

Hope this helps
IR

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:11 pm

cancerian wrote:
buntyz wrote:if she is applying outside the UK then you guys dont need to send your passport with the application so u cn renew it anytime.
They might reject her visa because of my expired passport as I am her Sponsor. I want eleminate that risk actually.
If you are that much concerned about your passport expiry then why don't you wait some weeks and apply her visa when you have new passport. There is nothing to do with your passport anyway.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:00 pm

cancerian wrote:
it doesnt matter if ur passport expires while her application is on process.cuz same thing happened with my parents file my sister in law sponsored them and her passport expired while application was with home office.