ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New BRP dates doubt

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tiertwoguy
Newly Registered

New BRP dates doubt

Post by tiertwoguy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:19 pm

Dear Gurus,

I had my new Tier 2 General Visa approved by Homeoffice. I'm a bit confused with the dates and would be grateful if you can assist me please.

As per the CoS provided by my new employer,my starting date at the new work is 08th Feb so the start date mentioned in the CoS is 8th Feb 2016 and ending at 7th Feb 2019.

The BRP that I received just now has the below mentioned dates on it.

Date of issue (BRP): 29th Dec 2015
Valid Until: 21st Feb 2019.

I'm about to hand my notice on 8th Jan 2016 (as I've 28 days notice period) with my existing employer.

My question over here is: Do I have to mention to my new employer that the Date of Issue & Valid until dates aren't the same as mentioned in the CoS that was assigned? Does my existing or new employer's SMS needs to be updated or does Home office needs to be informed about this via SMS?

Any information will be helpful.

Regards.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: New BRP dates doubt

Post by iworker » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:07 pm

it is in line with your new cos.
the visa is valid for expiry on cos + 2 weeks .
it is valid from the date of issue of visa.
there is nothing that u need to ask them to do .

tiertwoguy
Newly Registered

Post by tiertwoguy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Hello iworker,

I appreciate your help. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards.

Im_t2
Newly Registered

Post by Im_t2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi,

I have an urgent query regarding the dates as well.

My new employer created a CoS with a start date of 8th August but I haven't yet given notice to my current employer. According to my employer terms I've to give them a month's notice.
I have a premium appointment booked for end of this week and I was told that once my application is successful there and when the new BRP is generated my current BRP becomes invalid. This I understand I'll get within 10 days of the appointment. If I understand it right, the issue date on the new BRP comes from the CoS start date??

So my question is , Is there a way I can request when I go for my appointment to the home office to not cancel my current BRP until the end of this month which will give me time to give my current employer enough notice?

Also can my new company have the start date on the CoS changed at the moment when they've already paid and booked my premium appointment?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Please help me understand so I can take a decision on what to do.

Thanks in advance!