ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Refused British Citizenship due to being in the UK Illeg

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IntelligentGoon
Newly Registered

Post by IntelligentGoon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Yes I was granted 5yrs refugee leave to remain.
Thank you will look through that.

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:27 pm

IntelligentGoon wrote:Yes I was granted 5yrs refugee leave to remain.
If I were you, I would apply ASAP, but wait for moderator's reply. He knows better than I.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:45 pm

imaner wrote:
If I were you, I would apply ASAP, but wait for moderator's reply. He knows better than I.
Amusing that moderators are always assumed to be male. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Casa wrote:
imaner wrote:
+1 Casa and please note there appears to be only one (he knows better...) :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Time for bed I think then CR001...and will leave it to 'he who knows better' :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

IntelligentGoon
Newly Registered

Post by IntelligentGoon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Casa wrote:Time for bed I think then CR001...and will leave it to 'he who knows better' :wink:
Any opinion Casa?

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:31 am

Casa wrote:
imaner wrote:
Sorry about that :? "They know better" :D

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:25 pm

IntelligentGoon wrote:I called the home office and I was told to wait
Till 2019 but NCS said I can apply.
Haven't applied yet just wanted to be sure
Because I don't wanna lose my money.

My story is as follows:
Entered the UK illegally in March 2009 and
I claimed asylum the minute I landed at
Heathrow airport. Was refused in July 2009 and
I appealed within the given 28days and
went to court in August and I won
The case in August 2009.
Got ILR December 2014. No criminal
Record and I work professionally as a lecturer.
Any advice here?
Think you're fine to go ahead and apply. In short you're a genuine asylum seeker who applied immediately, so they should apply discretion. Nothing is guaranteed, but there have been many similar to yours that were successful. People who have difficulty usually applied for asylum long after arriving, or had their case refused and stayed on illegally and then got some other visa to stay.

IntelligentGoon
Newly Registered

Post by IntelligentGoon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Thank you very much I will go for it and let you know how it goes

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:07 pm

IntelligentGoon wrote:Thank you very much I will go for it and let you know how it goes
Please do let me know as I'm in the same situation as you. I have to apply in November 2016 for BC.

amal90
Newly Registered

Post by amal90 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Dear amber
i apply british citizenship in may 2015.
however arrived uk illegal in 28 august 2003 age 13 claimed asylum and give 3yrs leave to remain which expired on september 2006 and solictors made an appliction Extension on my behalf.but granted ilr on 2013.
On 7 december 2015 recieved home asked provide information from 19 may 2010 until present , on finanical satus
Sent proof my brother letter explaining how supported my finanical dure this period.
however granted irl in october 2013 and then claimed job seekers from end october until march 2013 and include proof this in letters sent to home office. In march 2014 gained employed as evidence sent my payslip from employers and september i went back eduction and did acess to he course which completed in july 2015 and in january 2015 apply to university was offered a place at uni october 2015 but because my appliction british citizenship was still depending.
i have had defer untill febuary 2016.
You think my case will refused
Eventhough i have been here over ten years.

amal90
Newly Registered

Post by amal90 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Dear amber
i meant march 2014
sorry error

akbarim

Post by akbarim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:13 am

amal90 wrote:Dear amber
i apply british citizenship in may 2015.
however arrived uk illegal in 28 august 2003 age 13 claimed asylum and give 3yrs leave to remain which expired on september 2006 and solictors made an appliction Extension on my behalf.but granted ilr on 2013.
On 7 december 2015 recieved home asked provide information from 19 may 2010 until present , on finanical satus
Sent proof my brother letter explaining how supported my finanical dure this period.
however granted irl in october 2013 and then claimed job seekers from end october until march 2013 and include proof this in letters sent to home office. In march 2014 gained employed as evidence sent my payslip from employers and september i went back eduction and did acess to he course which completed in july 2015 and in january 2015 apply to university was offered a place at uni october 2015 but because my appliction british citizenship was still depending.
i have had defer untill febuary 2016.
You think my case will refused
Eventhough i have been here over ten years.

Dear Amal

I am not an expert on immigration law but I can assess that your application is almost processed and as you have sent the response to their query which looks quite convincing .. you will hopefully get your approval soon if there are no other concerns raised by them. Hope that you get your approval very soon so that you can start your uni in feb.. Good Luck ..

amal90
Newly Registered

Post by amal90 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Dear amber recieved my approval today
thank you for your advice
amal

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:58 pm

avjones wrote:
bluecole2 wrote: 1- What is the possibility of refusal of BC based on the above?
2- Are there any consideration for people like me who entered uk as a child?
3- If not of the circumstances above are considered, does the 10 year ban starts from the day HO is aware of my status i.e when I got arrested and served IS.96?

Looking forward to you responces guys, particularly Amber, if available.

Thank you
1. High possibility of refusal. Very high.

2. Yes, there is consideration about illegality as a child, but children are covered by the good character requirement too. It is less to be held against a person that they were unlawfully in the UK as a child, but it isn't ignored altogether. I don't know when you turned 18, but if there is a gap between that and you getting your first leave to remain, of whatever sort, that gap will be a problem too.

3. It's not a 10 year ban under the guidance, precisely, it's more that you have to show that in the 10 years preceeding you haven't been in breach of the UK's Immigration Laws. So the 10 year period would start when you first got leave to remain (whatever form it was) provided you didn't become illegal again.

This is "guidance" as to good character. The statutory provision is that the Home Secretary has to be assured you are of Good Character, under the British Nationality Act 1981. The guidance sets out the normal course of events and how the SSHD will usually consider character. There can be exceptions to the general rule as set out.
Thank you avjones, I haven't been here in a while.
It is a real shame. I guess I just have to wait provided there's no silly change of rules again :) .
May be my country's official and fellow country men and women will have the opportunity to repair it's image so people like myself that hold it's passport don't get delayed and questioned every time we travel. In addition, applying for visa to go to toilet :)

IntelligentGoon
Newly Registered

Post by IntelligentGoon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 pm

gnantha wrote:Hello Amber, thank you for your valuable posts.

Hope you can help with my application.

I entered UK illegally in feb 2008 and made an in-country asylum claim.

Was in UK illegally for two days as arrived on Saturday and Claimed asylum following Monday.

Since then been granted temporary permission followed by refugee status for five years and ilr in 2013.

Do I have a scope to apply for reconsideration.

Kindly advise.
GNANTHA what was your outcome because my case is pretty much the same as yours and i was looking to submit next week?

IntelligentGoon
Newly Registered

Post by IntelligentGoon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:59 pm

Just going to leave this here. I claimed asylum the day after my arrival in the UK, I was then given Refugee status a year later. Applied for naturalisation in February and got my case approved. Being a refugee does not automatically disqualify you from naturalisation. As long as you applied soon after you got here int he UK and then was given refugee status you should be fine.[/quote]

MAVDI when did you enter the UK though?

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Post by RU55IAN » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Hello, all!

I understand that decision on this matter is discretionary and ,in some cases, I heard on a number of occasions, people don't get a straightforward refusal, but rather get asked to explain how they supported themselves during the time when they remained illegal.

Let's say one can demonstrate that he/she has never broken any laws (except for overstay) , whilst living in the UK at any time and was supported, for instance, by their parents, who are British citizens and can provide proof of income for that period and other evidence of suitable accommodation.
What happens then?...

Has anyone come across a case when citizenship was granted?

Thank you in advance.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:16 pm

I provide all evidence stay with my parents, they look after me as our traditional.
But H/O say "Thanks to your parents who look after you but i'm not believe, you didn't work during that period :?:. Ridiculous

RU55IAN wrote:Hello, all!

I understand that decision on this matter is discretionary and ,in some cases, I heard on a number of occasions, people don't get a straightforward refusal, but rather get asked to explain how they supported themselves during the time when they remained illegal.

Let's say one can demonstrate that he/she has never broken any laws (except for overstay) , whilst living in the UK at any time and was supported, for instance, by their parents, who are British citizens and can provide proof of income for that period and other evidence of suitable accommodation.
What happens then?...

Has anyone come across a case when citizenship was granted?

Thank you in advance.

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 am

Hi every one. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm new this form. Ok I need some advice pls. I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm very worry after reading this comment Above. I hold a permanent residence through marriage since 10/2014 but I was illegal immigrant before my marriage on 2009 , I enter uk in 2005 as illegally , I didn't apply for asulme or refuge, ok my question is in the AN form they ask for date of entry in uk ? I don't know what to do or write please any advice -

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:50 am

Don't keep posting this in different threads throughout the forum. Continue in this thread where you are already receiving advice.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1289490
(Casa, not CR001)

sam-maro
Newly Registered

Post by sam-maro » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi, I received my naturalisation refusal letter today, now am wondering if i should apply my case to be reconsidered.
My case was refused with a reason that did not meet good character.

I applied asylum Dec 2002 soon as i arrived, it was refused due to disputed nationality,
however i was granted IRL 2010 as part of the clearing backlog.

Now my application has been refused reason is " You are not a national of ******* as claimed and you have provided false or deliberately misleading information at earlier stages of immigration application process"

they say they had arranged interview between myself and my country of origin in 2008 ( which is incorrect as i did do any interview infact my country of origin didn't have an embassy in UK then :? )

Notes:
I was not illegal at any point however i had exhausted all my appeals
No convictions.

Do i have a chance with a reconsider application?

Thanks

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:11 pm

10 years will count when you legal in this country. If you are not hide anything, when you apply for nationality.
before 2010 what is your status?
Why not apply one year after your ILR in 2011?
If you are not win asylum case, its means you are not entitled to work too.
According to your information, you have to wait till 2020.

sam-maro wrote:Hi, I received my naturalisation refusal letter today, now am wondering if i should apply my case to be reconsidered.
My case was refused with a reason that did not meet good character.

I applied asylum Dec 2002 soon as i arrived, it was refused due to disputed nationality,
however i was granted IRL 2010 as part of the clearing backlog.

Now my application has been refused reason is " You are not a national of ******* as claimed and you have provided false or deliberately misleading information at earlier stages of immigration application process"

they say they had arranged interview between myself and my country of origin in 2008 ( which is incorrect as i did do any interview infact my country of origin didn't have an embassy in UK then :? )

Notes:
I was not illegal at any point however i had exhausted all my appeals
No convictions.

Do i have a chance with a reconsider application?

Thanks

sam-maro
Newly Registered

Post by sam-maro » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Rassel,
i lost all my asylum cases , I had exhausted my appeals by 2008. however i was granted Irl through legacy backlog cases in 2010
I couldn't apply for naturalization in 2011 because they say you have to be free of any migration restriction for 5 years.

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 pm

sam-maro wrote:Rassel,
i lost all my asylum cases , I had exhausted my appeals by 2008. however i was granted Irl through legacy backlog cases in 2010
I couldn't apply for naturalization in 2011 because they say you have to be free of any migration restriction for 5 years.
And now you should wait till 2020 unfortunately!