ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landing Card fill in or no

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Landing Card fill in or no

Post by umbro » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello all,
I will appreciate, if someone could give more details on following issue.
I am planning to travel to the UK from Germany next week with my wife (eea national), should I fill in landing card or no?
I googled it but couldn’t find any updated information though.
Thanks in advance.
Umbro

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Landing Card fill in or no

Post by wish_uk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:23 pm

are you traveling with article 10 residence card or family permit?
married Aug 2014

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 am

ya, it's Family Permit.
cheers!

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:50 am

married Aug 2014

maomao

Post by maomao » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:27 pm

In my case back 2013 it was a resident card and I was without my wife then ! And they asked me to fill landing card and I asked them if my wife would have been me would you stand here asking to fill in landing card as we both have the same treaty right and the immigration officer said it because he rules have changed but I said reg 2006 sti apply! I refused and they decided to question me strictly about my marriage 6 questions and later led me through !
But I think in your case being you are traveling with your Mrs and standing in the same kind with her you might not probslby fill in on the other hand because you are entering the country for the first time with family permit may be a reason to do !i might be wrong but Stand to be corrected !

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Normally you don't need to fill in the landing card but the problem is the boarder officers most likely don't know about this and still asking to fill it and we are not required to.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciated that.
Well, according to IDIs Ch 7 Sec 3, clause 5.2.1, family members don’t need landing card except person is admitted on a Code 1A.
But information is too old (July 2006),
Might be any one else can share some more recent experience.
Thank you!

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:41 am

Hi all,
Just thought to share my recent experience with all of you. I was landed at Doncaster airport with my eea national spouse.
at Immigration desk IO asked me to fill in landing form, I refused accordingly and politely explained I don’t need it.
he went on to ask me my past UK stay as well, well, nothing more but he repeated three time to fill in form. as I was traveling on FP so UKVI already got my data in their system.
at the end he took all documents and went in room for further check (might be) and after couple of minutes back and stamped passport as it was first travel with FP.
All procedure took around 8-10 minutes though. What I understood from IO behavior that he was a bit agree on my refusal to listen him.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:52 am

umbro wrote:Hi all,
Just thought to share my recent experience with all of you. I was landed at Doncaster airport with my eea national spouse.
at Immigration desk IO asked me to fill in landing form, I refused accordingly and politely explained I don’t need it.
he went on to ask me my past UK stay as well, well, nothing more but he repeated three time to fill in form. as I was traveling on FP so UKVI already got my data in their system.
at the end he took all documents and went in room for further check (might be) and after couple of minutes back and stamped passport as it was first travel with FP.
All procedure took around 8-10 minutes though. What I understood from IO behavior that he was a bit agree on my refusal to listen him.
My personal opinion is that although you may not be legally bound to complete a landing card, is it really worth the hassle as a matter of principle to refuse? Unless you're not in a hurry as you've found, upsetting the IO can result in an unnecessary delay which could be much longer than 8-10 minutes. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks for feedback,
Firstly, just correct my mistake, in previous message should read "angry" instead agree.
Secondly, ya, too hard to analyze the salutation, there is no any obligation but depends on IO "mood", as I asked unnecessary questions even my previous UK education.
landing card works for 1A code stamp but personally, I am not in favour once FP issued