ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Successful Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Londoner
Newly Registered

ILR Successful Application

Post by Londoner » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi everyone,

My ILR application was granted a couple of weeks ago and I wish to summarise the process for those of you who are planning to make ILR applications.

First of all, I wish to thank to those who made efforts to reply my questions in this forum.

My wife and I went to Croydon office at 9:00am and we took our baby with us. We were out by 12:30 with an ILR visa stamp on my pasport.

Allthough I had prepared a big binder of bills, bank statements etc. these are the documents the interviewer looked at;

ONLY original statements/bills (Halifax/HSBC Bank, gas, electricity, telephone etc.) ABSOLUTELY no photocopies, if I were you I wouldn't bother photocopying any documents unless you wish to keep the photocopies at home in case they decide to keep your documents temporarily.

We gave 2 joint bank satements (approximately £6,000 savings in total), payroll slips, 2 joint utility bills and statements and bills from approximately 10 sources under both my and my wife's individual names.

The interviewer took 1 statement from each year for each statement/bill etc. and photocopied them. She made some calculations on a piece of paper and wanted to see our baby's birth certificate. No further questions were asked. It was a very straight forward application.

The interview process took approximately 20 minutes, however getting inside building and waiting for the actual visa to be placed on the passport is the time consuming part.

I hope this helps...

Good luck to the future applicants

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 pm

congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.