ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Visit Visa Rules UK Help - For Family coming from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Prem

New Visit Visa Rules UK Help - For Family coming from India

Post by Prem » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Friends

I have been absent for a while, originally applied successfully for my wife's settlement visa from Cochin VFS in 2009 and then ILR in 2011, she has decided against citizenship thus far. But this forum was a great help back then for help, support and general advice. I hope John and Batleykhan are still here.

I'm back now for more assistance, my wife is currently pregnant with our second child :lol:, and she wants her mother with her this time, having missed the birth of our daughter. So i thought it might be a good idea to bring over not just her mum, but father and sister (Aged 21) over as well, get the whole family together for this joyous time!

So for the last 2 weeks or so, i have been scouring the internet for info on the new rules that came out in April of this year. I have not seen many posts on the forum with people asking advice for this, so if there is please point me the right direction.

I have found out the standard visitor visa has now replaced quite a few visas including the family visitor visa.

First of i will keep it simple
- Where and what is the name of the application form that will need to be filled in, or do they have to apply online?
- Do i make separate applications for each person and provide separate documents\evidence?
- Can i sponsor them as my father in law is retired and receives a monthly pension, mother in law is a housewife but has property\savings in her name and sis in law has just finished studies and has nothing in her name.

This 3 questions being answered will be a great first help please, looking forward to the replies :D

Thank you
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

Prem

Re: New Visit Visa Rules UK Help - For Family coming from In

Post by Prem » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:48 am

Hi

I have found a bit of help from the following post from batleykhan:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 65576.html

However I do have a few more questions, is there anyone else applying for visit visa from India to the UK for family anytime soon? If you are please PM me.

Thanks

Prem
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 am

Any reason why you cannot ask your questions on the open forum or are your questions top secret?

Experienced members or moderators are unable to correct any incorrect advice given to you via PM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prem

Post by Prem » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi there, thank you for the response, I would welcome responses on the open forum, no problem.

I had asked 3 questions on the main post, had over 200+ views since Nov 1st yet unfortunately no replies, hence why today I requested a PM from people that are in a similar position to me. Lol no secrets, just genuinely trying to get some help.

One question has been answered from Batleykhans post, the questions are, now that their is not a family visit visa anymore, just a standard visit visa, do I make separate applications for each person and provide separate documents\evidence?

Parents shouldn't be a problem, but worried about my sis in law, she is 21 has no bank account, no job as she has just finished studies, so scratching my head trying to prove ties to back home for her.
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Each applicant has to complete a form and set of documents.

SiL might be a problem, what ties does she have to home country, what are her personal and financial circumstances etc? As she is over 18, she cannot 'piggy back' on her parents unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prem

Post by Prem » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Regarding SiL, I thought so, but some people have told my wife even though there isn't a family visit visa, you can apply together on the standard visit visa. So I was relieved that she might be able to 'piggbank' that way, but now that idea has been corrected.

SiL (21)
- No Job
- Currently doing a 6 month Accounting Course, finishing is Feb
- No bank account
- No savings
- No land in her name

Am reluctant to ask her to open a bank account in her name, as Visa Officer may think we have opened it purely for the visa, so in a catch 22 situation.

She can possibly sign up for a course that starts in August/Sept 2016, other than that I have no other ideas as to what proof we can show that ties her to India.
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 am

A bank account is irrelevant.

Think like an ECO. His job is to make sure that the visit visa is only granted if there is proof that your sister-in-law has such strong ties to India that she is unlikely to overstay in the UK.

So, what proof do you have of that? Her parents residing in India is counteracted by your wife and you being in the UK.

Do she have a permanent job? A boyfriend, spouse or child in India? Essentially anything that she will really miss when she comes to the UK.

If she is so footloose-and-fancy free at the moment that she can join your wife and you in the UK at a moment's notice, she will almost certainly be denied a visit visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Prem

Post by Prem » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi Simon

Birth is early June, Trying to get her them over mid May, so in theory will apply mid Feb in Cochin.

I will try think like the ECO, Its just for my SiL providing the normal documentary evidence is prooving diffilcult, so far as

- She is dependent financially on her father, who I'm trying to bring over as well for the birth.
- Her studies finish in Feb, and she will be footlooose so to speak (I can ask her to sign up for another course, in August\September, which will prove i hope at least 1 tie to go back home).
- As she is studying currently, she has no job.
- No boyfriend that i know of :wink:, she is not married and no children.

We need to sitdown together and think of ways that tie her back to India on a personal level, that will satisify the ECO. Financially, She has nothing to tie her back to India, which will be a concern for ECO, that I'm sure of.

To satisfy Personal Ties, I'm thinkig of mapping out a family tree, showing that apart from her sister the majority of her family are in India. I hope this will help. Signing up for a course in Sept 2016, also looking for a part ime job, that she can go back to. Other than that its looks very difficult to bring her over, and now I'm wondering if this is mission impossible, and just bring over my wife's parents.
Citizenship
Passport