ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

aware of any impediments?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hcho
Newly Registered

aware of any impediments?

Post by hcho » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:57 am

Hi everybody,

I am in the stage of filling HSMP form and collecting supporting documents. There is a question at "Can you continue your career in the UK?" section, which I find a little bit ambigious. The question reads:

Are you aware of any impediments to you taking work in your chosen field (such as debarment from required organisation)?

* Yes Please disclose full details of this and produce evidence of ability to have impediments overturned.
*No

OK. Now my question. I am a software engineer and I am concerned that I do not require any debarment to be employed in that sector. Should I answer yes or no? I think there should be another choice like "not applicable", so that I can express the situation more clearly.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Hcho

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:55 pm

Are you aware of any impediments to you taking work in your chosen field (such as debarment from required organisation)?
Impediment/debarment in this context refers to those reasons that would stop you from practicing in your profession in the U.K. Such tends to be for regulated professions - for example if your were stricken/ removed from the General Medical Council and could no longer practice medicine or you are an accountant who has been declared bankrupt and must be removed from the relevant accounting body membership roll. It appears that you can say NO to this question.

Good Luck

liuning
Newly Registered

thank you a lot

Post by liuning » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:57 am

wish you luck :lol: