ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ash84
Newly Registered

Visa for Parents

Post by ash84 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi Fellow members,

My parenst are applying for UK Tourist visa from India (I am British Citizen)

My mom plans to travel immidiately however my dad will come after 4 months or so just for 1-2 week. Can my dad apply visa at the same time as my mom.. Is there any restriction on how soon they need to travel after visa is granted.. They are applying for 6 month visitor visa and have been to UK earlier as well.

Prem

Re: Visa for Parents

Post by Prem » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Ash

I'm no expert, but I too am applying for my in laws to come from India, You can possibly apply at the same time, but you'll be risking it a bit i think. The Visa lasts for 6 months, so if he is staying for only 1/2 weeks then i may be fine, but will be at your own risk.

Taken from the goverment website regarding standard visit visas:

- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
- You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
- Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
- You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.

You might be able to stay for longer if:
- you apply (and pay an extra fee) for a long-term visit visa and you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period
- you’re coming to the UK for private medical treatment - up to 11 months

Hope this helps you :)
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19