ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Visa Interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naija99
Member of Standing

Business Visa Interview

Post by naija99 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:43 am

Good morning forum
Please could BlackbirdSSG or anyone else help. My inlaw applied switched from student visa to Business Visa mid 2015, no decision has so far been made but his circumstances have changed and he no longer has the investment funds available to him. He now wishes to marry and requested his passport certified copy from HO hey have delayed in sending and invited him for interview.
In the meantime, could he submit FLRO in the meantime whch will give j=him time to give notice get married and submit FLRM?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Business Visa Interview

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:21 am

Do you mean an Tier 1 Investor visa when you say 'business visa'?

Does your 'inlaw' have a current visa? If not, he will struggle to get married.

Your 'inlaw' has to give 28 days notice of intention to marry at an approved Registrar. The Registrar has to inform HO if a foreign national wishes to get married and the 28 days notice can and likely will be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and interview your 'inlaw' and proposed spouse.

On what basis does your 'inlaw' think they qualify for FLR(O)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Yes, Tier 1 via venture capitalist route.
At the time of applying to extend his first student visa, his initial student visa was valid. Then whilst waiting for a decision on the student visa extension, he switched to business visa. Now whilst waiting for this decision he wants to switch again to FLRM.

The reason for FLRO is because the requirements for the business visa no longer exist, HO took too long to decide. Now they may refuse so could he apply FLRO to give him some time before submitting FLRM. He needs time to give notice to registrar etc.

Is this possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:49 pm

HO is fully aware of migrants applying for FLR(O) to 'bide some time'. Unless he has really good and valid reasons to submit FLR(O), it is likely to be refused relatively quickly.

He will still face a likely interview by HO once he gives notice to marry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 am

Yes, but I do not believe he has any other option to prevent him from being an overstayer - please correct me if I am wrong. It is likely that at the interview they may refuse his Tier 1 application because the venture capitalist company is no longer funding his project. He isn't at this stage ready to submit FLRM because HO have not returned certified copy of his passport to get married. The registrar said they would accept a certified copy.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Also would it be correct to say that the NHS Surcharge is £1000 when applying for FLRO? Thats what it says online with no dependents. Is this right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 pm

The immigration health surcharge is £200 per year. So it depends on the length of validity for a visa.

When he applies for FLR(M), he will have to pay the surcharge again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks - so is the FLRO supposedly granted for 5 years then? Also would it be possible to have this payment transferred when making the FLRM application as it is anticipated that this application will be made within the next 2 months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:20 pm

No, each application a migrant makes requires a new IHS payment and reference number. You might get a refund of any other amount.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Ok - so the unused years will be refunded?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Possibly
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:07 am

Thank you CR001.
And also one other point was that in between the time when he was waiting for a decision for the student extension and after he had switched and submitted the Tier 1 application he received a letter saying the student extn application was invalid because he did not enrol fingerprints however he did not receive any correspondence requesting it. So would this render him illegal at any stage?