ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM extension....Proof of living together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

FLRM extension....Proof of living together

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 pm

HI All
first of all i would like to thank all of you who provide really helpfull information around immigration subject.
I was issued spouse visa in 2013 which is due to expire in april 2016. Me and my wife are earning above 40k
The only worrying thing here is from jan 2014 to december 2014 (1 year) me and my wife were living in 1 bedroom flat which had water bill, council tax and electric bill included in rent. So we dont have utility bills at this address but my previous landlord gave me a written letter that the above mentioned bills were included in rent. The only other thing which we had on the previous address was our bank statements. Do you think that will create an issue because all together we have 4 proof of living toegther at previous address. (water, elecrtic, council tax included in rent and bank statement as additional proof)

In jan 2015 i rented a new 1 bedroom flat and i do have the following on our joint names
Council tax, water bill, electric bill, gas bill, joint bank statements,
Following are addressed on individual names on new address since jan 2015
wife : tv license, indivdiual bank statement
Myself : Sky contract, house contract, individual bank statement

Please guide me as i only have 3 months left. I do have wages slip for the whole year which shows we both are earning above 40k along with my contract from my company.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Re: FLRM extension....Proof of living together

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:33 pm

I read in FLRM form that they need proof of 2 years living together, so i guess i will have to submit proof from april 2014 to april 2016.

I have previous landlord's letter which cover (water, electric and council tax) till december 2014.
Few bank statements were missing at our previous address but i will try to print them out online.
Jan 2015 to april 2016 won't have an issue i believe.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Online bank statements must be stamped by the bank. You cannot just print them and submit them.

Do you have any HMRC letters, NHS letters, general correspondence, etc. either in Joint or individual names, tenancy agreement......
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks for replying

At my previous address, i have hmrc letter but somehow can't find hmrc letter for my wife.

And no we don't have any letter from NHS. I will be stamping the bank statements from bank

Do i have to submit 2 years of bank statements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:51 pm

6 months bank statement and payslips (both most recent) is required under Appendix FM.

For cohabitation, you need a selection of documents for every 3 or 4 months covering 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:56 pm

but do you think the letter which my landlord provided will provide some assistance.
The only other thing which i can send along is 2 years of bank statement which will prove that we were living together along with our pictures

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Both should be fine. If providing a landlord letter, provide the tenancy agreement too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:02 pm

issue with tenacy agreement is, it was signed by me and my wife for initial 6 months after that lanlord said you guys can stay long if you want which ended up in 1 years stay.

So i have lanlords letter with 6 months initial contract signed in jan 2014 to june 2014

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:03 pm

It should be fine. HO are aware that tenancy agreement can continue as a periodic tenancy when the fixed term ends.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks alot.

So just to summarise i will be submitting

2 years bank statements, 6 months payslips for me and my wife, job contract previous landlord letter to over bills, New tenancy agreement starting from jan 2015, gas , electric, water , council tax, tv license, sky contract, and our pictures.

If i am still missing anything please let me know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:20 pm

HMRC and any NHS registration card, mobile phone bils, employer letters/correspondence....
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:51 pm

Another slight worry is my wife's dvla is registered at her parents house because she owns a car and insurance there are other people who drive this car. Do we need to change the dvla to a new address or we can still keep the old address and still send the dvla copy along with the application

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:27 pm

dilse4srk wrote:Another slight worry is my wife's dvla is registered at her parents house because she owns a car and insurance there are other people who drive this car. Do we need to change the dvla to a new address or we can still keep the old address and still send the dvla copy along with the application
There's no point in sending a DVLA document with a different address from where your wife is living. The point of the exercise is to prove that you and your wife are living together at the same address. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:29 pm

You do know that there is a £1000 fine if you don't update DVLA with your current address on your license.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi all

Just had the bad news today that some people will be made redundant soon in our company that is 2 months ahead just before my extension. I would like to ask if my name comes up in redundancy will that have any impact on my application. Me and my wife together earning above 40k for the past 1 year and we have joint saving of 20k.
Another thing i would like to mention here is my last extension was allowed under human rights but home office gave me visa for 2.5 years and it says "family spouse" on my visa. Does that means i will still have to meet 18600 limit. please let me know

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:43 pm

HI All

Can somebody please update on this

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:37 pm

i was granted leave of 2.5 years but out of immigration rule under human rights. can somebody please tell me which form to use for extension