ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Littering Fine,Penalty Charge notice and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

poojabhatt

Littering Fine,Penalty Charge notice and ILR

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Dear Senior Members, Moderators and Gurus,

I am in the process of applying for my ILR under the Tier 1 [G] route.

1. I had been wrongly fined for littering [disposing a cigarette butt just outside a bin] in 2009.Appealed in the Magistrates Court in Oct 2013 and the Appeal was allowed and the fine was written off.

2. Received a Penalty Charge notice from the London Borough of Hounslow of £130 for driving on a road with a restriction on vehicles entering a pedestrian zone. Paid within 14 days of the notice and the fine was reduced by half [£65].

On Page 25, Section 7 [Personal History] of SET _O _Verison_11-15

7.3: Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been subjected to, or received, any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example caution, reprimand ,warning, or penalties in the UK or any other country ?

And Page 26, Section 7 [Personal History] of SET _O _Verison_11-15

7.5: Have you or any dependants who are applying with you had any Uk court Judgement against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK immigration acts?

My Question to the Moderators/Gurus is, since both the above fines have been written off and paid out, do I still need to disclose this information on the form OR should I just tick “No”?

Many thanks in advance.

jimtoole
BANNED

Re: Littering Fine,Penalty Charge notice and ILR

Post by jimtoole » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi,

Please mention the date of the Driving Penalty to get the answer.

Regards,
poojabhatt wrote:Dear Senior Members, Moderators and Gurus,

I am in the process of applying for my ILR under the Tier 1 [G] route.

1. I had been wrongly fined for littering [disposing a cigarette butt just outside a bin] in 2009.Appealed in the Magistrates Court in Oct 2013 and the Appeal was allowed and the fine was written off.

2. Received a Penalty Charge notice from the London Borough of Hounslow of £130 for driving on a road with a restriction on vehicles entering a pedestrian zone. Paid within 14 days of the notice and the fine was reduced by half [£65].

On Page 25, Section 7 [Personal History] of SET _O _Verison_11-15

7.3: Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been subjected to, or received, any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example caution, reprimand ,warning, or penalties in the UK or any other country ?

And Page 26, Section 7 [Personal History] of SET _O _Verison_11-15

7.5: Have you or any dependants who are applying with you had any Uk court Judgement against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK immigration acts?

My Question to the Moderators/Gurus is, since both the above fines have been written off and paid out, do I still need to disclose this information on the form OR should I just tick “No”?

Many thanks in advance.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

poojabhatt

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Many thanks for your response.

The Date I received the Penalty Charge notice from the London Borough of Hounslow is Aug 2014.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Not good news for you then. This penalty will need to be spent and it will take 3 years from the date of notice of penalty not payment. So mention it in your form and pray to get a lenient case worker as he could well in his right can reject your ILR based on this information. If you dont mention it in form that will account to deception so do mention this. The littering one need not mentioning.

Regards,
poojabhatt wrote:Many thanks for your response.

The Date I received the Penalty Charge notice from the London Borough of Hounslow is Aug 2014.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

poojabhatt

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Thank you.

jact25bd
Newly Registered

Post by jact25bd » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:21 am

Hi All Gurus/Senior Members
I am also about to apply for ILR in April 2016 under 10 years long residency.
2-3 years ago, I dropped a cigarette butt and been fined £60 which i paid within 14 days of issuing of the penalty notice.
While going through the application form for ILR under 10 years long residency i came across this section
"E3. Have you or any dependants who are applying with you received any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example a caution, reprimand, warning, or similar penalties in the UK or any other country?"
My question is should i mention about the penalty in this section, I don't exactly remember the date.
If I mention this, will this have any implication on my application?
I will highly appreciate to get a prompt response.

jact25bd
Newly Registered

Post by jact25bd » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:30 am

Can anyone please help me with my question

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:06 pm

You don't need to wait for 3 years to spent this penalty (Pcn). This is a minor offence and no court is involved therefore penalty is spent after payment. The other guy is talking no serious.
*The gravity*