ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question. Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

akuppa
Newly Registered

ILR Question. Please help

Post by akuppa » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi

My apologies if a similar question has been asked and answered elsewhere.

I am a British citizen and my wife holds an Indian passport. We applied for her ILR based on 2 years stay in UK, on Sep 20. Following this we were asked to submit a few documents and a letter from the council. We submitted these on Oct 26 (delay due to Royal mail strike around that time). So far the status is UNDER CONSIDERATION. Does anyone know how long it would take to process the ILR? Also, does the 4-14 weeks timeline specified on the website start from the date of receiving the original application or the date of receiving all necessary documents (Oct 26th, in our case)? Is there anyway that we can expedite the process as we are planning to go to India around December 2nd week?

Thanks
Anand

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:40 pm

ILR is usually taking around 6 weeks at the moment, if straight forward.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

akuppa
Newly Registered

Post by akuppa » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi Victoria

Thanks for the quick response. All our papers were in order. Before marriage, I was claiming single occupancy discount from my council and I forgot to cancel the single occupancy until two months after my wife had arrived in London. The Home office noted this on my council bills and asked me to get a letter from the council, stating that I had cleared any outstandings. It took time for me to get the letter off the council due to the royal mail strikes around the same time.

Is the six weeks that you had mentioned the time taken from the actual submission of the application or is it from the time all the relevant documents were received by Home office?

Also is there any way of speeding up this process? Can I upgrade my request to a faster processing in anyway, even if it means paying extra?

Thanks again for your response.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Usually six weeks from submission, but if they are having to clarify the documents from the council this will add a few weeks.

It is too late to 'upgrade' to a faster service now I am afraid.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

was

Re: ILR Question. Please help

Post by was » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:16 am

akuppa wrote:Hi

My apologies if a similar question has been asked and answered elsewhere.

I am a British citizen and my wife holds an Indian passport. We applied for her ILR based on 2 years stay in UK, on Sep 20. Following this we were asked to submit a few documents and a letter from the council. We submitted these on Oct 26 (delay due to Royal mail strike around that time). So far the status is UNDER CONSIDERATION. Does anyone know how long it would take to process the ILR? Also, does the 4-14 weeks timeline specified on the website start from the date of receiving the original application or the date of receiving all necessary documents (Oct 26th, in our case)? Is there anyway that we can expedite the process as we are planning to go to India around December 2nd week?

Thanks
Anand
Hi akupa

I have applied for ILR on 5th of october and still iam waiting. Its more than 8 weeks and when i call them they still its till under further consideration. I was not asked for any further documents as well. My application is based on wp and hsmp. its not straight forward because i was out of country for nearly 404 days. plz do keep updating ur process

cheers

was

Post by was » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:18 am

VictoriaS wrote:ILR is usually taking around 6 weeks at the moment, if straight forward.

Victoria
HI victoria

How long it takes for non forward applicaiton. Its already been 8 weeks and i dint heard any thing from them.. when i call HO they always say its under further consideration.

cheers

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:18 am

That is all they ever say.

It is impossible to know how long the application will take.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:23 am

was wrote:
HI victoria

How long it takes for non forward applicaiton. Its already been 8 weeks and i dint heard any thing from them.. when i call HO they always say its under further consideration.

cheers
As long as it takes. you know very well it is not a straightforward case and 400 absences is a lot. You are more than double than what they are looking for.