ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR (10 years route), A complex Case

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Got ILR (10 years route), A complex Case

Post by tida2004 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Alhamdulliah, I got my ILR approved yesterday. My case wasn't straight forward so thought to share with you guys as I am sure some of you might be the same situation as me.
Came to UK Feb 2005, Student visa which was valid till 2008.
Get an extension for another 1 year which was till 2009 August.
Then got refused because of maintenance as I was unfamiliar with Tier 4 rules.
Court of appeal refused my case on Oct 2010, I was student of Uni of East London (Final year).
I left UK with no leave to remain on 28 Jan 2011.

Came back to UK with PSW on June 2011 which was expired 2013 may.
Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and got refused and September 2014 Upper court dismisses my case.
Made a fresh application of Tier 1 Ent within 28 days.
After had my bio-metric I withdraw that application as its been 10 years and made my application for ILR on Feb 2015.
Received my Visa yesterday.
Any question please ask me.

misspzqm
Newly Registered

10 year ILR granted

Post by misspzqm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello,

My ILR was granted today after submitting a premium application. It took less than 2 hours and my immigration record was far from perfect. I overstayed, twice previously.

Previously, I was confused about the rules on overstaying. I was unsure whether they count it from the day your leave expires to the day you submit your application, or from the day your leave expires to the day your application is granted. Fortunately, it is the former. As long as you submit your application within 28 days of you overstaying at any point, you should have mo problem. I would recommend you get some character reference letters as well as that helps. Overall, It was a good experience for me and I realised I spent a lot of time worrying over nothing. :D

Arshad49
Sri Lanka

Re: Got ILR (10 years route), A complex Case

Post by Arshad49 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi congrats on your successful ilr application I would like to ask what documents you submitted if you can let me know Would be grate help

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by tida2004 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Life in the UK, and some other volunteer activities documents.

max law
Newly Registered

Post by max law » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:56 am

Hi, congratulations and thanks for putting it up.... I am in a same situation as you were ..therefore if you could tell me whether you submitted application by your self or through solicitor. your help in this matter will much appreciated as my 10 years period have been completed in December 2014...
Thanks

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by tida2004 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:30 pm

I did by solicitor.

max law
Newly Registered

Post by max law » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

Would you plz tell me solcitor firm name you used for your application. Please.

d4dsigner
Newly Registered

Post by d4dsigner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:53 pm

hi guys , i am in the same boat , 10 years minus 28 days are completing on december 2015 ,
applied for flr fp in may , missed first biometrics, the second one was given 3 days ago on the 27th of this month,
today my solicitor told me to make some alterations in my flr fp and send application again meaning paying 1250 (fees plus 500 medical surcharge) as he thinks that before home office makes a decision on the case i need to act and send the same fresh application with stronger grounds to buy additional 2-3 months because if they decided my case i may not be given right to appeal

my question if the right to appeal is not given and can i still apply a new flr fp application yet again to buy time. ?

some one also told me that on refusal we can order the deportation letter from ukba which is accompanied by an appeal form which could be used to make appeal...
how factual is this
many thanks

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:10 am

d4dsigner wrote:hi guys , i am in the same boat , 10 years minus 28 days are completing on december 2015 ,
applied for flr fp in may , missed first biometrics, the second one was given 3 days ago on the 27th of this month,
today my solicitor told me to make some alterations in my flr fp and send application again meaning paying 1250 (fees plus 500 medical surcharge) as he thinks that before home office makes a decision on the case i need to act and send the same fresh application with stronger grounds to buy additional 2-3 months because if they decided my case i may not be given right to appeal

my question if the right to appeal is not given and can i still apply a new flr fp application yet again to buy time. ?

some one also told me that on refusal we can order the deportation letter from ukba which is accompanied by an appeal form which could be used to make appeal...
how factual is this
many thanks
i think if u r refused u can apply within 28 days...once u reached 10 years minus 28 days...vary ur flr fp to set lr..but thats a chance how ukba go fast to decide...if first flr fp take upto 4 months then i think u should be fine to cover period.

i m in the same boat mate...completing 10 years minus 28 days in dec 2015...i have applied for flr fp in may...my bio last date is 6 june...how to miss it..do i have to call them thats i haven't got it.

samaygrg

Re: 10 year ILR granted

Post by samaygrg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 pm

misspzqm wrote:Hello,

My ILR was granted today after submitting a premium application. It took less than 2 hours and my immigration record was far from perfect. I overstayed, twice previously.

Previously, I was confused about the rules on overstaying. I was unsure whether they count it from the day your leave expires to the day you submit your application, or from the day your leave expires to the day your application is granted. Fortunately, it is the former. As long as you submit your application within 28 days of you overstaying at any point, you should have mo problem. I would recommend you get some character reference letters as well as that helps. Overall, It was a good experience for me and I realised I spent a lot of time worrying over nothing. :D

congratulations.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:45 pm

@samaygrg

its late but he knew you will congratulate him one day, true friend

pop79
Newly Registered

Post by pop79 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi Tida can you tell me your opinion on my case ?

Hi there i need to apply for ILR based on lawful Long residence(10 years) . There has been a gap but iam not sure if it is going to be considered as a break in the lawful residence or not . please review the dates below
30 April 2009 --------> expiry date of student leave.
23 April 2009 -------->tier 4 application submitted , valid in time application.
6 August 2009 --------->Application refused due to invalid visa letter from t4 sponsor .
17 August 2009 ------------> Appeal submitted to tribunal , paper based appeal.
30 September 2009 -------->Appeal was dismissed , no hearing
19 October 2009---------->Reconsideration of the appeal was dismissed.
23 October 2009 ---------->new application submitted,,out of time application
21 January 2010------->Approval of the fresh application ..
This is the summary of the Gap please note that i had submitted the fresh application within the 28 days after the dismissal of the appeal .
Please note i entered the UK on September 2005 and my residence been a mix of student visas , spouse visa , Access to child visa which is two and half years leave .Currently i have a leave till March 2016
I also have a contact order to see my kids

my question is if i apply now for ILR based on long lawful residence is my application will be approved iam just concern about the gap mentioned above?
I did ask a question on "Just Answer Website" and a law expert replied that my application will be rejected .

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:09 am

pop79,

Did u applied for ILR with the gap ?

Jaikab76
Newly Registered

Post by Jaikab76 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Salam Tida
Im so glad to see your information shared here. Im currently in the situation where u were prior to ILR. Thanks so much for sharing. Could u kindly tell me the following as i am planning to apply for my ILR next week.
1. Who is the soloicitor u used?
2. Did u sumit any covering letter mentioning your gap?
I will sincerely appreciate ur prompt response. Many thanks
Zaman

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by tida2004 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi, I didnt mention the gap.

acespace
Newly Registered

Post by acespace » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:21 am

tida2004 wrote:Alhamdulliah, I got my ILR approved yesterday. My case wasn't straight forward so thought to share with you guys as I am sure some of you might be the same situation as me.
Court of appeal refused my case on Oct 2010, I was student of Uni of East London (Final year).

Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and got refused and September 2014 Upper court dismisses my case.
After had my bio-metric I withdraw that application as its been 10 years and made my application for ILR on Feb 2015.
Congratulations! Just wanted to ask something. When your entrepreneur was refused did you get removal notice?because inorder to get ILR the 3c leave has to continue for 10 years. Also when the case was dismissed from upper tribunal did you have 3c leave?

Feelingblue
Newly Registered

Post by Feelingblue » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:21 am

Yes I wanted to ask same question.....I hope we can get some answer...because I'm also in same situation..

star0703
Newly Registered

Post by star0703 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:54 am

10 year ILR granted
Postby misspzqm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello,

Previously, I was confused about the rules on overstaying. I was unsure whether they count it from the day your leave expires to the day you submit your application, or from the day your leave expires to the day your application is granted. Fortunately, it is the former. As long as you submit your application within 28 days of you overstaying at any point, you should have mo problem. I would recommend you get some character reference letters as well as that helps. Overall, It was a good experience for me and I realised I spent a lot of time worrying over nothing.
Dear misspzqm,
Could you please tell us how many days you overstayed for? And was this questioned at the PEO?
I am in a similar situation but my postal ILR application got rejected as invalid due to payment problems yesterday and my visa expired 30th Jan 2016. Do you think I would be able to get premium appointment instead of sending a fresh postal application?

Your help and advice will be incredibly useful and thanks for sharing your experience

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:33 pm

If your appeal is dismissed at Court of Appeal, then within 28 days you make new application and get visa, will this have broken you long residence or no?

Any court decision on this please?

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 pm

tida2004 wrote:Alhamdulliah, I got my ILR approved yesterday. My case wasn't straight forward so thought to share with you guys as I am sure some of you might be the same situation as me.

Dear tida2014,
Can you help me on it as I applied for ILR within 7 days of my tier 2 Refusal. However, Home Office didn't allow my ILR application and got Refusal.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Dear mdiqbal

I am wondering whether you already got your ILR? I seems to have read your post that you're already received your ILR ? :idea: :?:

I am confused.

Thank you
y mdiqbal » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Phoenix24 wrote:
Hi All

I applied for my wife's ILR (10 years, applied as postal application) in fist week of Sep 2016, Biometric given on 24th Sep 2016. we are still waiting for the final outcome and unfortunately we need to travel end of Jan 2017. we are thinking of going premium now (I assume it is 400 on top of the postal application fee we have already paid).
if we do, what kind of time frame i am looking at to get the passport back? can anybody advise?
Thanks a lot in advance.

If I'm not wrong, as your wife already applied for ILR in September, definitely you can't go for premium service now. Probably, your outcome is on the way which very soon. I applied on 20/09/2016 and got outcome on 28/11/2016. Please just wait and they will reject the application if you ask travel document

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:18 pm

be123+ wrote:Dear mdiqbal

I am wondering whether you already got your ILR? I seems to have read your post that you're already received your ILR ? :idea: :?:

I am confused.

Thank you

Phoenix24 wrote:
Hi All

I applied for my wife's ILR (10 years, applied as postal application) in fist week of Sep 2016, Biometric given on 24th Sep 2016. we are still waiting for the final outcome and unfortunately we need to travel end of Jan 2017. we are thinking of going premium now (I assume it is 400 on top of the postal application fee we have already paid).
if we do, what kind of time frame i am looking at to get the passport back? can anybody advise?
Thanks a lot in advance.

If I'm not wrong, as your wife already applied for ILR in September, definitely you can't go for premium service now. Probably, your outcome is on the way which very soon. I applied on 20/09/2016 and got outcome on 28/11/2016. Please just wait and they will reject the application if you ask travel document
User mdiqbal was responding and quoting user Phoenix24.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Dear CR001

Thank your for that and i apologise for this.
CR001 wrote:
be123+ wrote:Dear mdiqbal

I am confused.

Thank you

Phoenix24 wrote:
Hi All

Thanks a lot in advance.

User mdiqbal was responding and quoting user Phoenix24.

flrfptoilr10yrs
Newly Registered

I need a help from u all

Post by flrfptoilr10yrs » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:13 am

i came through student visa in sep 11-2007
stayed in psw from 2009 - 2011
2011 - 2013 tier 1 general (2 years ) further extension
2013 - 2016 tier 1 extension
2016 feb 27th applied ILR (5yrs route) which got rejected based on genuine income in self employment( i dont have amendments) on feb 2017 and i applied for admin review which also got rejected on april.
am in short of 4 months for my ILR (10yrs route)..
am literally confused whether to go for flr(fp) or judicial review??
TO apply for flr(FP) saying strong grounds i dont have a child am newly married and she is dependent of mine..
i need a help from u all please