ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment tomorrow and panicking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sylvia532

NCS appointment tomorrow and panicking

Post by sylvia532 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi
I hope someone could advise. My husband's NCS appointment is tomorrow and I just found online that the AN application was updated in January. I don't mind printing out and filling out a new application but I won't manage to get my referees to fill out a new form by tomorrow. They filled the form out in December and I didn't expect a new version of the form to come out. The new form is very similar but the "Referees and identity" point 5 is on a different page.

Can I fill out a new application and just include the pages filled out by my referees on the old form?

Thank you

Casa

Re: NCS appointment tomorrow and panicking

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:42 pm

There should be a transition period during which you can still submit the old form. I suggest you take a copy of the new one with you, but ask the NCS if they will accept the previous version in its entirety. I'm confident that they will.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm

There is a transitional period where the older form will still be accepted.

There is only a small change/addition to the new form. See page 25 of the form as there is the new bit about returning the BRP within 5 days of attending the ceremony.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf

You could complete the new form and substitute your referee pages already completed but check with NCS.

Edit : '#beatenbyspeedyCasa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Thank you both so much for your replies! They means a lot to us :D :D