ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prosecuted for fare evasion in 2008

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRapplication80

Re: PCN and British Nationality

Post by ILRapplication80 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:59 pm

So I have declared all the 3 PCNs on my application (fingers crossed it will not impact my application :( ).

Am I supposed to take a copy of these PCNs with my application to NCS too. I read on one of the posts on this forum that NCS the op of that post went to took copy of the PCN and attached that too.

Can a senior member please advise?

ILRapplication80 wrote:Respected Senior members / Moderators,

I am in making an application for my British Nationality.

I have been driving my car for just over 2 years now and have unfortunately got 3 back-to-back PCN from councils in recent months only.

Do we need to declare all the PCNs on the application forum. I have heard / read such mixed reviews - some say no need to .. some say yes declare.

How will the 3 PCN impact my application :(

As you all know - no one does offence on purpose :(

1) Parked a car in paid parking space at around 8:30 PM and found out that it was only free after 9:30 PM - don't know why I didn't read that correctly

2) There were bunch of white parking boxes on a road. There was a gap in the middle of which was suppose to be only offloading vehicles- There was no signage on the road but was marked by double yellow lines which unfortunately I did not notice. There was cars parked by line and when I saw the gap / empty space I excitedly parked in the spot :(

3) Was being extra nice and went to drop a friend home. It was around 2:30 AM in the night so didn't want him taking taxi/cab. Was dropping him off in front of his building door but wasn't aware that I have entered into the Pedestrian Zone by mistake. Ofcourse the zone was totally empty at this time of night.

There was a sign on the road as attached - to be honest never seen anything more complication and really thought the no-drive is restricted to the time specified on the board. You can see for yourself :( .. anyone driving could have been easily confused.

rsa707
Newly Registered

Post by rsa707 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:21 pm

I declared both PCN and even NCS guy copied PCN as well. I got my application approved with in 5 months.
You should not be worried ☺

skilachi

Re: Prosecuted for fare evasion in 2008

Post by skilachi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:28 am

ILRapplication80 wrote:Hi All,

I was charged for fare evasion on a foolish act that I slept on a tube and overran a zone, unfortunately I did not have enough top-up to cover that.

Went to court, was fined, which I paid promptly.

Have declared it on all my application so far as I understood it will be considered spent in 5 years.

Now I am elligible for Naturalization on 18th Dec 2015. Do I still need to declare this offence on my application form?

Many Thanks,

Hi ILRapplication80, when was this fine/did you go to court? You have to wait 3yrs to lapse before can apply and also, you MUST DECLARE the offence on your application.

ILRapplication80

Re: Prosecuted for fare evasion in 2008

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:08 pm

This fine was in 2009 - I declared it on my application although I know it has been spent.

skilachi wrote:
ILRapplication80 wrote:Hi All,

I was charged for fare evasion on a foolish act that I slept on a tube and overran a zone, unfortunately I did not have enough top-up to cover that.

Went to court, was fined, which I paid promptly.

Have declared it on all my application so far as I understood it will be considered spent in 5 years.

Now I am elligible for Naturalization on 18th Dec 2015. Do I still need to declare this offence on my application form?

Many Thanks,

Hi ILRapplication80, when was this fine/did you go to court? You have to wait 3yrs to lapse before can apply and also, you MUST DECLARE the offence on your application.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Then you should be fine. I had a DR10 conviction 10th aug 2012 and i applied 18th aug 2015 (3yrs and 8 days) after it became spent and got approved in jan 2016.

As long as its spent and declared on ur application, then it will be fine, only thing is you might just have to sit it out 3-4months and hope for the best.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:07 pm

ILRapplication80 wrote:
3) Was being extra nice and went to drop a friend home. It was around 2:30 AM in the night so didn't want him taking taxi/cab. Was dropping him off in front of his building door but wasn't aware that I have entered into the Pedestrian Zone by mistake. Ofcourse the zone was totally empty at this time of night.

There was a sign on the road as attached - to be honest never seen anything more complication and really thought the no-drive is restricted to the time specified on the board. You can see for yourself :( .. anyone driving could have been easily confused.
Just out of curiosity and I know its bit off the topic....

How have you been fined in this incident... was there a camera or something??????

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Council sent a PCN with a photo snipe from CCTV camera footage.
saanju9 wrote:
ILRapplication80 wrote:

Just out of curiosity and I know its bit off the topic....

How have you been fined in this incident... was there a camera or something??????