ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

trueindian2013
India

Documents required naturalisation

Post by trueindian2013 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:51 am

Hi

Can anyone point me to documents required to apply for naturalisation? I checked many posts and FAQs but couldn't find the post that explains this section. I know its list of documents required is mentioned at the end of the application. But have few queries so hoping there may be an existing post that explain what is required in each circumstance. Thanks for your help.

Casa

Re: Documents required naturalisation

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:01 am

Without knowing what your 'exact circumstances' are, selecting the right documents for you would be like choosing the lottery numbers..with slightly better odds. :?
Unlike visa applications, British citizenship is relatively straightforward.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:01 am

Id suggest that you go by the AN form, booklet & guidance to establish the documents that apply to your circumstances, in the first instance, as that would be the most accurate. As individual circumstances vary it would probably not be possible to come up with anything more clear than that published by the HO.

The forum here would be useful once you have read those and then have any specific questions on items referred to in the form & guidance. The FAQ's are supplementary information sources to explain answers to questions that keep appearing on the forum, rather than replacements for the official HO publication of information.

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi
Fair point. I checked the guidance in the AN form. I am applying for Citizenship on the basis of ILR I got in 2012. I was on Tier 2 ICT prior to that. I work for a big organisation. Having checked the guidance these are documents that I think are sufficient. Can you suggest if I missed anything:

1. Passports
2. Life in UK test
3. UK Naric ELA confirming B1 or above (or equivalent documents)
4. ILR BRP

Do I need to submit any address proofs? The documents seems to be straight forwards so want to confirm haven't missed anything.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:38 pm

No you do not need address proof.

Are you applying through NCS or posting it yourself?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:55 am

Hi CR001

Thanks for confirmation. Yes, I plan to apply through NCS.

Regards
Rajesh

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 am

Will the process be different?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 am

Different from what? :? The NCS will check your application for validity, take the payment and copy any official documents and return the originals to you while you are there. They will then send your application to the Home Office.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 am

Casa wrote:Different from what? :? The NCS will check your application for validity, take the payment and copy any official documents and return the originals to you while you are there. They will then send your application to the Home Office.
Just for clarity, NCS does not take payment of the application. All applicants are required to complete the fee payment sheet to submit with their application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Casa wrote:Different from what? :? The NCS will check your application for validity, take the payment and copy any official documents and return the originals to you while you are there. They will then send your application to the Home Office.
Just for clarity, NCS does not take payment of the application. All applicants are required to complete the fee payment sheet to submit with their application.
Typical...my finger hovered over the 'delete' button re payment. Thanks Char :oops:
(Casa, not CR001)

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Although they will take the payment - the NCS fee

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks Char and Casa. Probably my question confused the thread.

My main intent of starting this thread was to check whether I considered all the documents for my circumstance. Can you confirm on that point pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Should be fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Thats great, thank you. As always applause to this site and moderators for super quick response and guidance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm

trueindian2013 wrote: 1. Passports - Covering your residence period
2. Life in UK test
3. UK Naric ELA confirming B1 or above (or equivalent documents)
4. ILR BRP
I'd concur with casa and Char; they have covered the key missing item, Degree certificate required as evidence to prove English language requirement has been met. Do also include the payment slip, which is not part of the AN form.

If you are now self employed do take a look at the requirement to submit your latest self assessment statement of account. Note that this does not apply to those who are employed.

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:00 pm

That's good input cs95tdg. Thanks. I will carry my original degree certificate and I am employed.