ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application after 10 year stay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chrissys
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application after 10 year stay

Post by chrissys » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:13 am

Its time for another application.
Can anyone point me to documents required to apply for naturalisation? I checked many posts and FAQs but couldn't find the post that explains this section. I know its list of documents required is mentioned at the end of the application. I have secured ILR on basis of 10 Year rule, over this period I worked as PAYE and also some time as ltd company director, no taxes outstanding. No lengthy out of country stays and no criminal record. I have UK Post Grad Certificate which gave me required points for Tier 1 & ILR. Also did Life in UK test.
Also granted ILR or 12th March 2015, so whats earliest date I can book NCS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application after 10 year stay

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am

The guidance, booklet and form AN explains most of what you asking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:44 pm

Note that you need self assessment account from HMRC for the time you were a director of a limited company. Pretty much all documents required are listed in the guidance. Its not as exhaustive a list as it is for visa applications. You can go to any council for NCS, book whatever date that suits you once you're ready with your application. Availability depends on each council so you just have to ring them up yourself. Make sure its 12 months of ILR to the NCS date, and you were physically present in UK exactly 12 months ago.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:48 pm

tripping wrote:...

Make sure its 12 months of ILR to the NCS date, and you were physically present in UK exactly 12 months ago.
It would be in your interest to be able to prove you were physically present in UK on the day 5 years to the date of the naturalisation application too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 pm

noajthan wrote:
tripping wrote:...

Make sure its 12 months of ILR to the NCS date, and you were physically present in UK exactly 12 months ago.
It would be in your interest to be able to prove you were physically present in UK on the day 5 years to the date of the naturalisation application too.
Yes that of course, my bad :(

balanair
Newly Registered

Post by balanair » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello, could you please let me know where its stated that we need to be physically present in country exactly 12 months before NCS application date??

oddballjaz
Newly Registered

Post by oddballjaz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Could someone please confirm if this is correct that you need to be in UK 12 months before your application date? I thought its only 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:01 pm

oddballjaz wrote:Could someone please confirm if this is correct that you need to be in UK 12 months before your application date? NO
I thought its only 5 years? YES
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oddballjaz
Newly Registered

Post by oddballjaz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Many thanks CR001 for confirming.