ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa outside UK, Possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pvscd
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa outside UK, Possible?

Post by pvscd » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident Visa holder and recently arrived in UK. I am working for an UK based company in India. I have come to UK to work for parent company on a long long assignment, but I am still an employee of an Indian branch.

I am planing to bring my wife and child to UK. My wife has a PR and hence no problem for her to come to UK. My baby was born when we were in India. Since my wife and me both have PR, I am planing to apply for a settlement visa (PR) for my baby in India. Along with the visa application for my baby, I require to submit Proof of accommodation, Employer letter and my pay slip from my UK branch office.

I could able to get a statement from my employer stating that I am working in UK and it also has stated the address where I am staying in presently. I will not be able to get a pay slip until another month and half.

1. Will it be a problem if I apply for visa only with my employer letter and my UK bank statement?
2. Any chance of getting Visa rejected on the grounds of not producing a Pay slip from my employer?
3. As I am working in UK for an Indian branch and applying for a settlement Visa for my Baby, Is it going to be a problem?

Any comments are greatly appreciated

Cheers
pvscd

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:24 pm

1. Will it be a problem if I apply for visa only with my employer letter and my UK bank statement?
Shouldn't be - but the ECO can insist on an employment contract with details of income so best get one.
2. Any chance of getting Visa rejected on the grounds of not producing a Pay slip from my employer?
Unlikely to be a sole reason for refusal especially if you submit the docs in 1.
3. As I am working in UK for an Indian branch and applying for a settlement Visa for my Baby, Is it going to be a problem?
No - who you work for in the UK is not really an issue in regards to the immigration rules for this case.
Any comments are greatly appreciated

1. When did you get your ILR.

2. How did you get ILR.

3. How long have you been outside the UK - same q's for your wife.

4. Is your child registered in both parents names under applicable national law - the ECO can insist on DNA tests due to fraud in the family settlement (especially concerns over babies) category.

pvscd
Newly Registered

Post by pvscd » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:57 pm

Hi Kayalami,

Thank you very much for your reply for my questions. My answers for your questions are below.

1. When did you get your ILR.

- I have got my ILR in Jan 2004.

2. How did you get ILR.

- Through Work Permit

3. How long have you been outside the UK - same q's for your wife.

- 10 Months for me before I arrive in UK, where as my wife is outside UK for 11 months so far.

4. Is your child registered in both parents names under applicable national law - the ECO can insist on DNA tests due to fraud in the family settlement (especially concerns over babies) category.

- I am not sure what you are asking in the question. I have my babies birth Certificate which has mine and my wife's name in it. I have my name in my wife's passport whereas mine in my wife's passport. Is this what you are asking for?

DNA test? Does it require both the parents to undergo this test? If required, Can I get this test done in UK and send the reports to my wife?

Cheers
PVSCD

pvscd
Newly Registered

Sponsorship letter

Post by pvscd » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:28 pm

Hi Kayalami,

Does the sponsorship letter which I am sending to my wife be attested by the Indian Embassy in London?

Cheers
PVSCD