ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

narsii

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by narsii » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi srivisan,

Which council did you contact ? When I booked my Appointment with Kent , they sent a welcome letter and passport application to my home address.

Regards
Narsii
srivisaN wrote:Hi,

I called the concil people yesterday and they confirmed my appointment booking on the phone. They would only send email confirmation if we book more than 2 months in advance.

Also, they told that they will collect the Naturalization fee (£1005) directly at the NCS Office itself using Debit/Credit card machine. Seems like I no need to fill the payment form, is there any other concil which does the same ?

Thanks,
Sri.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:18 pm

I got an email to confirm (they have online booking system) and once the joint application was confirmed over the phone, they sent me a passport letter with joint application instructions.

Also attended ceremony today and was told the council will let HO know in 5 days that I have attended the ceremony. Just a little bit more wait...

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Just had talk to the Kent council and got updated that
1.There is no need to fill Section for referees in the passport form
2. No "True Likeliness of the photograph by the Referee" on the passport size photograph. Instead they asked me to fill in Name and DOB on the rear of the photograph.
3. They still take the payment form and wont accept card payment from their machines .

Hope this helps .

Regards
Narsii

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi All,

It is Southwark Council, let me know if there is anyone who applied there.

Cheers,
Sri.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Joint applicants date of ceremony and receipt of passport:

user Ceremony; Receipt Passport
  • legend786 17/12; 11/01
  • suzym79 09/01; 18/01
  • london_king 14/01;
  • fielddrive 20/01;
  • cs95tdg 20/01;

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 am

Dear friends,Here is timeline is as follow

Both Naturalisation & Passport Application together

Eligibility criteria : 3 Years spouse of BC
Language criteria met : LIUK + Cambridge KET B1 was valid until 5th Nov
Nationality : Pakistani
Method of application : NCS Kent Bexly
Date of application for Naturalisation & Passport : 30-10-15
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : 02-11-15
Date of acknowledgement via letter & requesting biometrics : Received a letter on 07-11-15 Dated: 04-11-15
Date of fees debited from the account for Naturalisation : 04-11-15
Date of fees debited from the account for Passport : 09-11-15

Biometrics done : 09-11-15
Date of approval : 05-01-2015 received letter 13-01-2016
Date of ceremony : Booked today private
Date passports received : waiting

I spoke to Passport today, first lady could not find my application took my number, and later I received the call from Passport Adviser, She said there is no application. I explained her in details, then finally she took all my details and checked it. Finally she said there is application and my passport in Printing process, will get update next week. I even told her that I booked my ceremony today, Shall I send my Certificate or passport. She said we do not not need any further documents all checks have done, Passport in printing process. She was quite positive. But it confuse me after reading (legend 786), that he did sent his certificate along with passport and bank draft for secure delivery post. Any advice got confuse here..Thanks in advance.....

by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm
London_king wrote:She was quite positive. But it confuse me after reading (legend 786), that he did sent his certificate along with passport and bank draft for secure delivery post. Any advice got confuse here..Thanks in advance.....
Congratulations on your approval! I wouldn't worry, as the passport office has given you confirmation that they are processing your passport. legend786's case appears to have been different; I suspect because he was one of the first who applied through the pilot scheme, and the communication channel between the HO and HMPO were probably not in place during the early stages. Let us know when you receive your passport so that we can get a clear view of the pilot scheme passport delivery timelines are like.
 fielddrive 

21-Jan- 2016 updates....

I just received text message today from HMPO that ( ---my passport should arrive within few working days---).

I will update soon my Passport will arrive....
Thanks God.... this new scheme is working good,

Best of luck to all....May all application get approval soon..

Thanks

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:54 am

great update.. hopefully you will have it this week!

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi, can anyone advise please if applying for both naturalisation and passport at the same time, do the referees on both applications have to be the same? My professional referee is a lecturer but not a british national which is acceptable on the naturalisation form but not on the passport form. Would that mean that whoever my professional referee is must also be a British National?

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Sofiathefirst wrote:Hi, can anyone advise please if applying for both naturalisation and passport at the same time, do the referees on both applications have to be the same? My professional referee is a lecturer but not a british national which is acceptable on the naturalisation form but not on the passport form. Would that mean that whoever my professional referee is must also be a British National?

Hi Sofia,

When asked Kent council , NCS team told me the following

1.There is no need to fill Section for referees in the passport form ( No more referees on passport form , if you applying AN+Passport)
2. No "True Likeliness of the photograph by the Referee" on the passport size photograph. Instead they asked me to fill in Name and DOB on the rear of the photograph.

Cross check with your council .

Wfshah
Newly Registered

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by Wfshah » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:07 pm

I have also applied for both AN and passport on 12/1/2016 amd done with biometrics on 16/1/2016
They have also deducted fees for passport as well, so all done frommy side now just waiting for letter from them, does any1 know if u apply through this pilot scheme do u still have to attend interview for passport? After ur ceremoney? Or after u attend ceremoney passport gets sent to u automatically??

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 pm

narsii wrote:
Sofiathefirst wrote:Hi, can anyone advise please if applying for both naturalisation and passport at the same time, do the referees on both applications have to be the same? My professional referee is a lecturer but not a british national which is acceptable on the naturalisation form but not on the passport form. Would that mean that whoever my professional referee is must also be a British National?

Hi Sofia,

When asked Kent council , NCS team told me the following

1.There is no need to fill Section for referees in the passport form ( No more referees on passport form , if you applying AN+Passport)

Cross check with your council .
NCS kent is wrong. Referee section must be completed in the passport form and the referee on the passport form should be the same referee who is a professional and british national who filled the referee section in AN form.

You need to put your name and DOB on the back of passport size photo in AN form and you also need the same photo for the passport form which should be signed by the referee putting in the words true likeliness....

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Sofiathefirst Just check with the council... by virture of the pilot prog, the instructions are changing very frequently (at least in my experience they have).

Wfshah
Newly Registered

Post by Wfshah » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:24 pm

suzym79 wrote:Good morning All

I just updated the October timeline and wanted you to know that following my update below, my husband got a text from the passport office today advising that his passport should arrive within the next few days. This was just as Brent advised. So it seems the service is working as it is supposed to. Will update once passport is in hand but certainly good news :)

Cheers

suzym79 wrote:Hello
My husband applied Oct 23rd through this new scheme and got his approval on the 18th Dec. We only received the letter when we got back from holiday on 1st Jan. Today he did a private ceremony and was told his passport will follow automatically within 4 weeks. Will let you know if this is indeed the case.

If u dont mind me asking Did ur husband not go for interview after ceremony? And whats private ceremony?

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:27 pm

tamilmaran wrote:Thank you ...

Is the the latest one. can I download and use this.....

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rm_010.pdf

Hi all,
I have collected the passport application in person from a postal office . I believe that this is the best way to do rather than using the above online application form. ( Postal application has all the details.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Thank you all. I have just checked on the Brent Council Website and it states:
The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:38 pm

If in doubt, do call the council NCS you are planning to apply at. As already mentioned, as this is still a pilot scheme, it's always possible that various elements of the application process could change over time, as they refine the way they want the joint application process to work. What applied before may no longer be the case. When I applied through Brent in November, they were quite helpful providing answers and clarification over the phone, even before making an appointment with them.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Wfshah wrote:I have also applied for both AN and passport on 12/1/2016 amd done with biometrics on 16/1/2016
They have also deducted fees for passport as well, so all done frommy side now just waiting for letter from them, does any1 know if u apply through this pilot scheme do u still have to attend interview for passport? After ur ceremoney? Or after u attend ceremoney passport gets sent to u automatically??
You should get your passport directly after you attend the ceremony, without having to send any further documentation or attend an identity interview. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1293979

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi All,

Has any one applied (NCS +PP ) in any of the Lancashire . I am planing to go to Accrington council. Your experience and feedback is highly appreciated .
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

===TAMILMARAN===

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:29 pm

highly recommended... got approval in 12 days after biometric submission... :D

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:38 pm

bubin123 wrote:highly recommended... got approval in 12 days after biometric submission... :D
That was super quick :-)

Cheers,
Narsii

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:00 pm

No wonder HO is fast for new pilot scheme only and keeping the regular applicants on hold despite HO can move things faster for them as well but not interested in that. It's quite clear that they are frustrating applicants for no reason and want to delay as much as they can. On the other hand after paying hefty amount of fee we are at the mercy of HO and keep waiting and waiting and waiting until we win our lotto. :(
*The gravity*

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 pm

bubin123 wrote:highly recommended... got approval in 12 days after biometric submission... :D
That is fantastic. If you dont mind can you share you success story.
1) What extra or what facilities you got from there......
2) Where did you got your passport application
3) Was the same person to sing in AN and PP applications
4) Did they took the money on the same day.....

Advance thanks..

===TAMILMARAN===

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:48 pm

by fielddrive » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:54 am

Dear Fielddrive,

Yes, thanks for your wishes,,,, I got my passport today..

Here is my final timeline, I wish best of luck for your and to all my fellows who are waiting.....
Thanks to Allah finally I got approval letter. I wish best of luck to all my fellows who are waiting, I really understand what does this waiting mean. I pray for everyone they they their get approval soon.
And thanks a lot seniors & friends who helped during this citizenship journey, what a wonderful place to share experience and learn updates:

This New Pilot scheme is working extremely fine.....
Here is final timeline is as follow:::::

Date of acknowledgement via letter & requesting biometrics : Received a letter on 07-11-15 Dated: 04-11-15

Date of ceremony : Attended private ceremony on 14th Jan 2016
Received Text Message from HMPO : 21 Jan 2016 that PP should recive within few days.
Date passports received : Today 22 Jan 2016

I am really thankful to all seniors and friends, who helped during this journey. I really wish best of luck to my fellows who are waiting... May their application got approval soon....

Thanks a lot ....

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:52 pm

London_king wrote:by fielddrive » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:54 am

Dear Fielddrive,

Yes, thanks for your wishes,,,, I got my passport today..

Here is my final timeline, I wish best of luck for your and to all my fellows who are waiting.....
Thanks to Allah finally I got approval letter. I wish best of luck to all my fellows who are waiting, I really understand what does this waiting mean. I pray for everyone they they their get approval soon.
And thanks a lot seniors & friends who helped during this citizenship journey, what a wonderful place to share experience and learn updates:

This New Pilot scheme is working extremely fine.....
Here is final timeline is as follow:::::

Date of ceremony : Attended private ceremony on 14th Jan 2016
Received Text Message from HMPO : 21 Jan 2016 that PP should recive within few days.
Date passports received : Today 22 Jan 2016

I am really thankful to all seniors and friends, who helped during this journey. I really wish best of luck to my fellows who are waiting... May their application got approval soon....

Thanks a lot ....
Congrats London_King.........So it means that its taking roughly a week to receive the passport after attending the ceremony.

Thats good news

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks for that final update london_king! So far there appear to be two who have received their passports directly within approximately a week of the ceremony.