ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fielddrive

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by fielddrive » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:11 pm

congrats London_king!

suzym79
Newly Registered

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by suzym79 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi there
As [b]cs95tdg[/b] points out there is no need to attend the interview after the ceremony with the combined project. The passport will automatically be sent after the ceremony. You will receive a text a couple days after the ceremony stating that your passport will be delivered shortly. In the following week, you will receive it.
The private ceremony is offered as an alternative to the group ceremony, however you pay extra for this service. It is a good option if you prefer not to wait for the next available ceremony dates. Both my husband and I did ours on a Saturday as it was more convenient for us. You are also allowed to bring family and friends with you.

[/quote]
If u dont mind me asking Did ur husband not go for interview after ceremony? And whats private ceremony?[/quote]

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please share their experience with filling the passport application form while attending NCS service in the council.

I booked an appointment with Southwark council, but they told that they will give the passport application form when I go for Naturalisation appoint (at the NCS Southwark) and I need to fill it there itself. How can we get the "Counter Signatory" at NCS office, I thought we can download the passport form online and get the Counter Signator before visitng the NCS office.

Thanks,
Sri.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:11 pm

srivisaN wrote:Hi,

Can anyone please share their experience with filling the passport application form while attending NCS service in the council.

I booked an appointment with Southwark council, but they told that they will give the passport application form when I go for Naturalisation appoint (at the NCS Southwark) and I need to fill it there itself. How can we get the "Counter Signatory" at NCS office, I thought we can download the passport form online and get the Counter Signator before visitng the NCS office.

Thanks,
Sri.
You cant go to NCS and fill the passport application form there as it need to be signed by a professional referee. 2 options here:

1. You ask Southwork Council to post the passport application form to you.
2. Pick the passport application form from the post office.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi Solospy,

Thanks for the details, I hope the application form at the Council Office and the one at Post Office are same. I just collected the post office form.

Cheers,
Sri.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:10 pm

srivisaN wrote:Hi Solospy,

Thanks for the details, I hope the application form at the Council Office and the one at Post Office are same. I just collected the post office form.

Cheers,
Sri.
Yes they are same

vand3matram
Newly Registered

Post by vand3matram » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:29 am

narsii wrote: When asked Kent council , NCS team told me the following

1.There is no need to fill Section for referees in the passport form ( No more referees on passport form , if you applying AN+Passport)
2. No "True Likeliness of the photograph by the Referee" on the passport size photograph. Instead they asked me to fill in Name and DOB on the rear of the photograph.

Cross check with your council .
Hi Narsii- I have an appointment booked w/ NCS, Tunbridge Wells, Kent in about a month's time. They have sent an 'additional guidance' sheet along with the appointment letter.
The sheet clearly states that:

Section 10: The British Citizen counter signatory on your passport application form must be the same as the British Citizen referee on your citizenship application.

----
on an unrelated note (did see some questions on mode of payment). The same instruction sheet states:

(*) The Payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box.

HTH.
vand3.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:45 pm

I am getting confused as I have collected passport application forms from the local Post Office and they have not given me any paymemt information and its not available on the form.

I have booked NCS accpoinment at Brent council and they have just sent me a text message confirming the date and time of appointment.

Do we also need to fill in the Payment information along with the AN form or the staff at NCS Brent will take payment for Naturalization or passport direclty or will provide us some different forms.

They have not sent me any additional guidance , special passport application forms or any other related information requiring special attention.

So please those who have attended the NCS Brent please tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:06 pm

tehminamazher wrote:I am getting confused as I have collected passport application forms from the local Post Office and they have not given me any paymemt information and its not available on the form.

I have booked NCS accpoinment at Brent council and they have just sent me a text message confirming the date and time of appointment.

Do we also need to fill in the Payment information along with the AN form or the staff at NCS Brent will take payment for Naturalization or passport direclty or will provide us some different forms.

They have not sent me any additional guidance , special passport application forms or any other related information requiring special attention.

So please those who have attended the NCS Brent please tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance.
See information posted under the following topic... http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1276510

Unless certain aspects of the pilot scheme application process has changed recently, you should be able to follow the information under the above post. I applied in November, so you may want to verify by calling the council NCS if you have any doubts or questions.
A few quick answers to your questions...
1) The passport payment slip/form is included in the guidance booklet that comes with the form, & not part of the application form itself. If you forget this, the NCS will provide one so you can always fill it on the day while you're there. This is what I did, as I had forgotten to take my completed passport payment slip with me.
2) The payment form/slip for the AN form, is again not part of the AN form. It's included as part of the application fees published on the HO website. So download that, print & complete it.
3) The NCS don't take the AN or passport application fee themselves, they just submit the applications/documents to the HO and HMPO, who will take the two payments separately. I have posted my timeline in the November timeline topic along with the merchant name that appears for each payment, if paying by card. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1289331

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks cs95tdg for clarification.

Me, my husband and my daughter are applying at the same time through NCS Brent.

Just need to reconfirm that do we need to fill in the payment information on all AN forrms and passport forms separately or something else can be done as we will be using my husbands card.

Also I am curioius that whetehr the fee will go separately for each applocant or will go in one go for all three of us.

Thanks once again.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:54 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Thanks cs95tdg for clarification.

Me, my husband and my daughter are applying at the same time through NCS Brent.

Just need to reconfirm that do we need to fill in the payment information on all AN forrms and passport forms separately or something else can be done as we will be using my husbands card.

Also I am curioius that whetehr the fee will go separately for each applocant or will go in one go for all three of us.

Thanks once again.
As each application would be assessed and decided in its own right, my understanding is that you would need a separate payment form for each application - even if you are using your husbands card for all 3 applications. You can ask the NCS on the day of the appointment, and they will clarify. If you've made a mistake they can always make a copy of the payment page to fill again. Alternatively take a few copies with you and complete them when you're there.

On the day I applied they checked the payment details I filled in the forms, against my card to make sure I hadn't made any mistakes when filling it in as well, so were very helpful.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Some recent pilot scheme application process changes shared by a couple of forum members who applied through the pilot scheme today, can be found in the topic below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1297150

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks for sharing. Any updates on your passport, cs95tdg?

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi All ,

Despite of getting the applications processed quickly , Looks like only handful of people have applied /used the Combined application service ( JCAPS ) .

Not sure If people didn't say that they have used the JCAPS method for applying .
Regards
Narsii

vand3matram
Newly Registered

Post by vand3matram » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:33 pm

vand3matram wrote:
narsii wrote: When asked Kent council , NCS team told me the following

1.There is no need to fill Section for referees in the passport form ( No more referees on passport form , if you applying AN+Passport)
2. No "True Likeliness of the photograph by the Referee" on the passport size photograph. Instead they asked me to fill in Name and DOB on the rear of the photograph.

Cross check with your council .
Hi Narsii- I have an appointment booked w/ NCS, Tunbridge Wells, Kent in about a month's time. They have sent an 'additional guidance' sheet along with the appointment letter.
The sheet clearly states that:

Section 10: The British Citizen counter signatory on your passport application form must be the same as the British Citizen referee on your citizenship application.

----
on an unrelated note (did see some questions on mode of payment). The same instruction sheet states:

(*) The Payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box.

HTH.
vand3.
Correcting my own post. Spoke w/ Kent council on some other queries - and also brought this issue. Indeed, the requirements have changed. The lady was kind enough to post the new guidance sheet. It clearly states that section 10 of passport application is not to be completed. Also, the passport photos need not be certified but need to have applicants name and DoB on the back.

Seems the standing instructions are changing faster than a speeding bullet - even Superman can't keep up with them!!!

ciao,
vand3.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:38 pm

As time passes, they will make changes to this programme so that it better serves the purpose. Like the previous poster, I'm surprised not many people are taking up on this given the faster processing times experienced by people.

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Seems there are some misconceptions about the JCAPS scheme .

Yesterday in the NCS office , I came across a guy who was reluctant to use this scheme . when asked he said " He is not prepared for the passport interview " . Seems , he is under the impression that if he opts for the new scheme , He will be "interviewed" like " Passport interview".

Regards,
Narsii

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:01 pm

haha... intimidated by passport interview!! :lol:

vb84
Newly Registered

Post by vb84 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:19 pm

On the countersignature in Section 10 required in the passport application, I was told this is not needed if the application is naturalisation + passport going together. Given there are 2 referee signatures on the naturalisation form already. Anyone else received similar feedback?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:48 pm

I just spoke to Brent council and lady has confirmed that section 10 isn't required if you are using this new service.

I'm not sure why people are not going for this service as this seems super convenient and processing is really fast.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:05 pm

fielddrive wrote:Thanks for sharing. Any updates on your passport, cs95tdg?
Not received it yet, fielddrive. How about you? I did call the advice line to check if my passport was in the the system (quoting the JCAP 9 digit application reference number), as my ceremony was at a non-pilot scheme participating council. They confirmed that it was and asked me to call back if I didn't hear anything within 7-10 days. They appear to be aware of this pilot scheme now, at least the person I spoke to was, and told me that a communication around this had recently been circulated to the HMPO staff.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:26 pm

Same story here... I dont understand the delay :(

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:18 pm

As HO & HMPO guys were working over NY/Christmas processing the AN+PP applications , Looks to me like they are compensating their holidays now . No Approvals/ACKs/BIO requests lately .

Hope they will return soon :-)

Regards,
Narsii

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:52 pm

narsii wrote:As HO & HMPO guys were working over NY/Christmas processing the AN+PP applications , Looks to me like they are compensating their holidays now . No Approvals/ACKs/BIO requests lately .

Hope they will return soon :-)

Regards,
Narsii
I have seen an approval this month. Your Bio will come soon :p it's just a day since they have your application :p

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:41 am

Too keen!! :lol: