ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Change During Naturalization Process.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cynosure_aks2008
Newly Registered

Job Change During Naturalization Process.

Post by cynosure_aks2008 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi All,

I am about to submit my application for Naturalization in a weeks time, but I am in middle of my job change, will it be ok to submit my application for nationalization ( applying through nationality checking service ) before my last working date in the existing job, will it have any impact if i change job during naturalization process.

Do I need any documents from the existing or previous employer for applying naturalization, below is what mentioned in the Guidance Form.
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
• Your passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 24 and supply
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period

Can you also please mention what documents need to be provided ( I have Passport) for Evidence of lawful residence,

Thank You for your time,

Nikil.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Job Change During Naturalization Process.

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Naturalization isn't linked to your job.

You don't need letters from employers.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Job Change During Naturalization Process.

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:50 pm

If you have your passport/s with all the in and out stamps which proves that you are in the country (lawfully) than that is sufficient to prove you lawful residence criteria.... you might have to produce a letter from employer only if you don't have this...
So, don't worry