ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

london2tim

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by london2tim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm

askim wrote:A Biometrics question. My husband has already has it, as he had it done for ILR. Will he have to do it again? I'm hoping not as it only hold up the application and we don't have a place near us that does it.

From the UKVI AN Guide

If you have previously enrolled your biometric details and been issued with a biometric residence permit, you must include this with your application.
You will not be issued with a new biometric permit, but your current biometric permit will be returned to you, and your fingerprint details will be retained until we are notified that you have attended your citizenship ceremony.

deo
Newly Registered

Post by deo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Has anyone who has applied in September 2015 for naturalization on the basis of 10 years long residency, received approval yet?

stranger123
Newly Registered

Post by stranger123 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:16 am

Hi Deo,

I am still waiting to hear from the HO, application date 7th Sep on a 10 year basis :? :(
deo wrote:Has anyone who has applied in September 2015 for naturalization on the basis of 10 years long residency, received approval yet?

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:20 pm

deo wrote:Has anyone who has applied in September 2015 for naturalization on the basis of 10 years long residency, received approval yet?
Nop
it looks like September apps are the slowest to process -
they are well ahead with approving OCT, NOV and even DEC

it really baffles me how they decide which apps they approve and which they leave dormant :?: :!: :?:

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:49 pm

london2tim wrote:
Nop

it really baffles me how they decide which apps they approve and which they leave dormant :?: :!: :?:
Those who applied through pilot scheme of nationality and passport service are getting their approval quickly in some cases within a month. Which is disappointing for people like us who applied through normal NCS.

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
london2tim wrote:
Nop

Those who applied through pilot scheme of nationality and passport service are getting their approval quickly in some cases within a month. Which is disappointing for people like us who applied through normal NCS.
I know
this is what frustrates me most at the AN process is the inconsistency they deal with apps...of course each app takes different times but still - they approve apps sumbited in Nov and Dec (very soon January) whilist they know they still have 50% of apps submitted in August/September not dealt with ?!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:52 pm

This pilot scheme is a prime example that HO is much capable of processing applications quickly but looks like they are intentionally delaying the outcome of the normal applications in order to frustrate them. This so called pilot scheme is charging the same standard fee for nationality applications then why are they getting precedence over the others who applied normally through their local councils??

deo
Newly Registered

Post by deo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:57 pm

stranger123 wrote:Hi Deo,

I am still waiting to hear from the HO, application date 7th Sep on a 10 year basis :? :(
Thats annoying. some people got approval in 5 weeks. when did this pilot scheme start? Its still not available in my council anyway.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Arsal385 wrote:This pilot scheme is a prime example that HO is much capable of processing applications quickly but looks like they are intentionally delaying the outcome of the normal applications in order to frustrate them. This so called pilot scheme is charging the same standard fee for nationality applications then why are they getting precedence over the others who applied normally through their local councils??
Mate the same issue I have also raised in my thread which has just been locked for no reason which is definitely a relevant topic to discuss here. I personally think that passport office has some influence over HO and HO just get rid of them by processing more rapidly at the cost of the applicants stuck in queue. When the fee is same then why the pilot scheme users get unofficially the priority treatment. I don't think so that they have separate unit who deal only pilot scheme users as someone assumed that in this forum.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 am

Hi,

I got my ESOL entry 3 certificates in 2009 and last year sent them to HO when I applied for ILR.
Can I use them again for appling BC or need to get higher one?
In the meantime i'm final year student of university.

Thanks

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:17 am

seagul & Arsal385 I feel your frustration but I have been through the postal process for SET(LR) where some folks who applied weeks after me got it before me. HO has always been unpredictable when it comes to the order in which they approve. Unfortunate but what can we do

Perhaps the pilot scheme will be rolled out to the entire country and bring about some much needed reforms. There is also the selection of applicants for enhanced security/background checks, which can add to timescales for some of the folks here. Just contemplating... :roll:

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:12 pm

fielddrive wrote:seagul & Arsal385 I feel your frustration but I have been through the postal process for SET(LR) where some folks who applied weeks after me got it before me. HO has always been unpredictable when it comes to the order in which they approve. Unfortunate but what can we do

Perhaps the pilot scheme will be rolled out to the entire country and bring about some much needed reforms. There is also the selection of applicants for enhanced security/background checks, which can add to timescales for some of the folks here. Just contemplating... :roll:

Fielddrive - you are speaking via the experience of someone who got their approval in a month or less - so i can see why you are so benign with HO. The majority of us - did not have the option to apply under the pilot scheme because that was rolled out after we submitted the apps
I personally have nothing against those using this scheme - the world is ever changing and everything progresses - so lucky you - if i could roll time back i would still apply in Sept without the Joint Application Scheme because as an EEA citizen - i wouldnt be affected by the change in law in Nov that now asks for PR certificate to be in possession before applying for AN
At the same time - i understand and agree with the frustration of those like me - who are waiting and waiting and waiting - daily checking this thread and timelines sheet - only to see no approvals for them but plenty of approvals for November/December (someone applied under the Joint Scheme on 21 Dec and got citizenship AND passport back on 21 January.)
Little to say - i probably will still be waiting even in month's time - considering how slow they are with Sept applications. By then I would have only had maybe an approval, and i would still be 1-2 months away from holding a physical passport in my hand.
The frustration comes from various sources:
a) we all paid same money - why is someone's case who applied 2 months after me being reviewed and decided before mine and the other hundreds apps from 4-6 months ago still waiting; is crazy as it seems there is no logic or interest from HO to provide an equal and objective service. Yes the pilot scheme - as any pilot scheme - has a degree of importance - as its a trial they will need to evaluate and decide of its use - so in a way i understand there will be some urgency - but even so - they are approving cases who have not applied under Joint Scheme - so no logic
b) is been 4 months for me (maybe still early some would say) - but my case couldn't be more str8 fwd: lived as EEA in UK for 8 years - all under yellow card permit - and have gained automatic PR status 3 years ago, I have been living at only 2 addresses in my life of which last one for 6 years, never ever had a fine in my life here or abroad, have 5/5 (or 999 of 999) credit score, working same place for 6 y, have not been out of the UK for more than 130 days in 5 years and have provided all evidence to support my case, on top of that I had max score for both language and LIUK test. I have even paid 1 grand to an immigration lawyer company to deal with the app - so i can rest assured my application has all the documents required and is been overseen by experienced people.
After the lawyers send the app - they took money fast and send biometric 2 days after, but haven't heard back from them since
My legal representative has chased them last week to see if there is a reason why no news and they came back with their bleak answer: application received and pending consideration - what this means? god knows
c) my other passport is now expired and i cannot travel for work and pleasure; while i can postpone any personal holidays for a few more months (although i haven't been on a holiday abroad in more than a year and i really need one) my work travelling is something i cannot postpone indefinitely. When I applied i instructed my company i will hopefully receive an answer and have a passport by beginning of 2016 the latest but that is now an utopia

In conclusion, i am very soured by the experienced of the naturalisation, i know its a long process and i am happy to accept it but then i see every day people who applied months later after me are getting their passports back and im still waiting praying every day that this is the day, im telling you guys - it has been killing me inside everyday since January because i really hoped (after watching timelines for others that mine would also come any time soon) that mine is close too...
The fact that you also cannot do anything even to get an update is not helping
Im wondering if i should write an email to them explaining them as i explained here - the frustration and inconvenience this erratic approval system is creating for me and rest of us in the same boat
But where would i even send this email?

What kind of experiences did you guys had so far and is there anyone else here who is sharing the same frustration/pain and powerless feeling?

PS: i don't hold a grudge against those who've been fast-tracked - good for you and enjoy this - is the system that,s rotten

:cry:

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:35 pm

london2tim Trust me when I tell you I have been in the position where you are right now, and not once, but multiple times over the course of last 10 years. I have read your entire post and I don't think I have a single point I don't agree with but like I said its unfortunate. HO need to sort out the FIFO process.

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:55 pm

fielddrive wrote:london2tim Trust me when I tell you I have been in the position where you are right now, and not once, but multiple times over the course of last 10 years. I have read your entire post and I don't think I have a single point I don't agree with but like I said its unfortunate. HO need to sort out the FIFO process.

Thanks Fielddrive
I am too hopeful - for the others that will go thru this (for me its too late now) - that they will change!
It's not even the change of system but the change of treatment/attitude:
yes citizenship is not a right is a privilege
But a privilege for which we pay - and dearly I say
First - we pay for the application (1000GBP atm but going 1200 in April) - thats a lot in my opinion considering the level of service they are offering: a service with no option for update for 6 months and 3-4 pieces of papers that are sent by 2nd class post
But most importantly - we pay in taxes: as immigrants some of us pay 2x if not 3x more taxes than our fellow British fellows, all the money go back to government and local authorities to support social causes (pay benefits for others, pay for NHS which some we never use, pay for education i have received in another country, pay for army to protect British nationals; than we pay council taxes (in my case i pay nearly 2k in local tax/year) which goes to support local services (most i never use) and pay bills for public lights, cleanness, water, gas and again education hub (eg libraries) and parks and recreations.
Of all the taxes combined - i believe i would benefit as return by less than 5% - the rest goes into supporting my fellowships - of which many are UK citizens.

So where i am going with this is that there is a huge injustice in the way the AN process treats their applicants - and is all going from the premises: citizenship is not a right is a privilege (but that doesnt stop them from charging us and treating us like numbers)
We are not numbers, we are not ID cases: we are living people with lives and needs like everybody else - we're not just spreading hands to be given - we are (have been) offering a lot so far to this country - and i wish they would stop treating us like this

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi,
finally i sent my application via post to HO and post date is 20th Jan 2015.
Thanks all.

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Somebody please answer my question!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 am

raha333 wrote:Somebody please answer my question!
ESOL is not longer accepted by HO since 12 November 2015.

See FAQs English Language Requirement for Citizenship (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:13 pm

What about the Old cases that is still pending I mean if someone applied 2 year ago? Now just the home office asked for further evidence about the residency during the leave to remain gap period. Not for asking about the new English language requirement effect from November 2015.
Please any one have any idea for that cases. And what is the chances of success? Any replied will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Best wishes for those who were still waiting.
Babe khyber

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
raha333 wrote:Somebody please answer my question!
ESOL is not longer accepted by HO since 12 November 2015.

See FAQs English Language Requirement for Citizenship (click)
Thank you very much. Does it apply for refugees too?

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:08 pm

fielddrive wrote:seagul & Arsal385 I feel your frustration but I have been through the postal process for SET(LR) where some folks who applied weeks after me got it before me. HO has always been unpredictable when it comes to the order in which they approve. Unfortunate but what can we do

Hello forum,
i can see familiar people having conversation for citizenship fielddrive and arsal. i used to talk on 10 years ilr thread with this guy. now after a year we are in same for citizenship. just quick one where i can i update my timeline or do we have spreadsheet here like last year everyone applying on 10 years bases. just to let you know i have applied on 19th jan, 2016 without the help on NCS. Thanks guy
jignesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 pm

jignesh455 wrote:

Hello forum,
i can see familiar people having conversation for citizenship fielddrive and arsal. i used to talk on 10 years ilr thread with this guy. now after a year we are in same for citizenship. just quick one where i can i update my timeline or do we have spreadsheet here like last year everyone applying on 10 years bases. just to let you know i have applied on 19th jan, 2016 without the help on NCS. Thanks guy
A simple search would have given you the January Timeline thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 00247.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:

Hello forum,
A simple search would have given you the January Timeline thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 00247.html
Thanks for that
jignesh

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:22 pm

london2tim wrote: But most importantly - we pay in taxes: as immigrants some of us pay 2x if not 3x more taxes than our fellow British fellows,
Why do we pay 2 times or 3 times more than the other British citizens
I think its all same income tax or council tax (depending on the slab of course) for British Citizens or immigrants who work here on various visas...
Am I missing something

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:48 pm

saanju9 wrote:
london2tim wrote: But most importantly - we pay in taxes: as immigrants some of us pay 2x if not 3x more taxes than our fellow British fellows,
Why do we pay 2 times or 3 times more than the other British citizens
I think its all same income tax or council tax (depending on the slab of course) for British Citizens or immigrants who work here on various visas...
Am I missing something

Recent immigrants to Britain are better educated, pay more taxes and draw less state benefits than native Britons.

The findings, taken from official government data, came in a heavyweight report into the fiscal consequences of immigration to the UK, published on Monday by the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM) at University College London.

Link to research here (http://www.cream-migration.org/publ_upl ... _22_13.pdf)
Anyway you dont need a research to tell you that: yes some immigrants pay more taxes (dont know if double or triple - that was just an expression). Why they pay more? Because they are immigrants and they must pay for using institutions and services otherwise designated for British Citizens only (one example i can give you is that nonEU immigrants must pay to use NHS - despite already paying NI)

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:32 pm

london2tim wrote: Recent immigrants to Britain are better educated, pay more taxes and draw less state benefits than native Britons.

The findings, taken from official government data, came in a heavyweight report into the fiscal consequences of immigration to the UK, published on Monday by the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM) at University College London.

Link to research here (http://www.cream-migration.org/publ_upl ... _22_13.pdf)
Anyway you dont need a research to tell you that: yes some immigrants pay more taxes (dont know if double or triple - that was just an expression). Why they pay more? Because they are immigrants and they must pay for using institutions and services otherwise designated for British Citizens only (one example i can give you is that nonEU immigrants must pay to use NHS - despite already paying NI)
I am not sure I agree with everything what you have said mate
when two people earn the same money through employment they pay the same income tax regardless of what they are.. British or Immigrant...
https://www.gov.uk/tax-come-to-uk
https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates
and I guess its the same with council tax, road tax, VAT or anything that I can think of

However, I do agree with your last point...paying for NHS... pathetic... this has been started recently and its awful ...asking immigrants to pay that £150 (Students) / £200(other immigrants) per annum....

Anyways its a good publication you have pointed there... will read completely in bit leisure time