ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK - missing middle name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askhan

Life in the UK - missing middle name

Post by askhan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:05 am

Hi All,

I passed my LIUK in 2011, and now I am applying for ILR upon checking the documents I realised my middle name is missing from the test certificate.

My name is : AA.BB..CC

Fname: AA
Last name: CC

Missing: BB

The First name and the last name and rest of the other information is there, just the middle name is missing. Can seniors or any other fellow member has come across with this issue and is it going to be an issue with UKVI?

Please advise.

Many Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

pranav.vaidya

Re: Life in the UK - missing middle name

Post by pranav.vaidya » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi,

3 weeks ago I had booked my test. While registering I missed to enter my middle name. On test day they checked this and I couldn't give test for this reason. I was told HO is very strict these days with names etc. Your name must match the ID document you used when registering for the test.

You gave the exam 4 years ago, I don't know what rules were in place back then. So might be okay.

Does the name on your passport/BRP match your name on the test result? If yes, then no worries.
If not, you might have to re-take the test.

All the best.

askhan

Post by askhan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Pranav,

Your case was bit different the ID you brought to test centre has middle name and when you filled the initial application you didnt enter the information.

With my case, I use my full name and brought the license to support, but when the test result printed out it has all the information correctly entered apart of Middle name.

So again on my PP and BRP

First name : AA.BB

in LIUK

F.name: AA

===============
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

martinstroke

Post by martinstroke » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:36 am

Hello Ashkhan,

How were you able to resolve the issue of your Life in the UK test certificate which did not carry your middle name.

I am in the same scenario here as you were. I applied and sat for the LIUK test in June 2012 and I did enter my details with my full name including my middle name, but I just realised that my middle name was not printed on my pass certificate even though I presented my drivers licence has proof of identity when I sat the test.

I am just wondering if the Home office did accept your previous LIUK test certficate and did you have to write a covering letter or better still did you have to resit another test.

Looking forward to your reply or any member of the forum who has been in this scenario before.

Thanks

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:25 pm

martinstroke wrote:Hello Ashkhan,

How were you able to resolve the issue of your Life in the UK test certificate which did not carry your middle name.

I am in the same scenario here as you were. I applied and sat for the LIUK test in June 2012 and I did enter my details with my full name including my middle name, but I just realised that my middle name was not printed on my pass certificate even though I presented my drivers licence has proof of identity when I sat the test.

I am just wondering if the Home office did accept your previous LIUK test certficate and did you have to write a covering letter or better still did you have to resit another test.

Looking forward to your reply or any member of the forum who has been in this scenario before.

Thanks

Hi mate

Thanks for checking ..HO checked the liuk and approved without any issue as long as the middle name is showing passport they are happy.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan