ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation application query-10 years work experience

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cakebiscuit

naturalisation application query-10 years work experience

Post by Cakebiscuit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi everyone. I need your advice. I intend to put in my my naturalisation application soon but am worried that when I was a student I worked more than 20 hours. Can this affect my application in terms of d 10 years work history they are requesting for on the form. Wat are they looking for in the 10 years history . Also i cant remember all d places where i worked for 10years. Can tjis be used against me or do i need to contact hmrc to get accurate information.
Thanks for ur response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: naturalisation application query-10 years work experienc

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Yes it can affect your application as if you worked more than 20 hours per your visa conditions, you are in breach of the conditions.

You need to complete the forum truthfully and accurately. You can get your employment history from HMRC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 pm

HMRC has only record of your last five year's work history.....for the rest of 5 years they have only info about your NIC contribution and tax paid.......u can make a SAR request from HMRC and it will show exactly how much u earned every year.
It is interesting that even HMRC don't have your complete work history for last 10 years however HO is very keen to know your every single employment albeit they can't even verify from HMRC lol This shows that HO make changes in application forms without using common sense.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm

riz1986 wrote:HMRC has only record of your last five year's work history.....for the rest of 5 years they have only info about your NIC contribution and tax paid.......u can make a SAR request from HMRC and it will show exactly how much u earned every year.
It is interesting that even HMRC don't have your complete work history for last 10 years however HO is very keen to know your every single employment albeit they can't even verify from HMRC lol This shows that HO make changes in application forms without using common sense.
Other datasources can (& probably are) used by HO to crosscheck & verify statements/claims, including DWP, employers themselves, local government records, past visa applications & etc.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:28 pm

noajthan wrote:
Other datasources can (& probably are) used by HO to crosscheck & verify statements/claims, including DWP, employers themselves, local government records, past visa applications & etc.
True @Noajthan, the information is not retrievable on HRMC system, it doesn't mean it has been deleted.

You can use your Subject access right and request HMRC for your data.

However, some people wait for their naturalisation until they have clear 10 years history.