ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

london2tim

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by london2tim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 am

saanju9 wrote:
london2tim wrote: Recent immigrants to Britain are better educated, pay more taxes and draw less state benefits than native Britons.

The findings, taken from official government data, came in a heavyweight report into the fiscal consequences of immigration to the UK, published on Monday by the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM) at University College London.

Link to research here (http://www.cream-migration.org/publ_upl ... _22_13.pdf)
Anyway you dont need a research to tell you that: yes some immigrants pay more taxes (dont know if double or triple - that was just an expression). Why they pay more? Because they are immigrants and they must pay for using institutions and services otherwise designated for British Citizens only (one example i can give you is that nonEU immigrants must pay to use NHS - despite already paying NI)
I am not sure I agree with everything what you have said mate
when two people earn the same money through employment they pay the same income tax regardless of what they are.. British or Immigrant...
https://www.gov.uk/tax-come-to-uk
https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates
and I guess its the same with council tax, road tax, VAT or anything that I can think of

However, I do agree with your last point...paying for NHS... pathetic... this has been started recently and its awful ...asking immigrants to pay that £150 (Students) / £200(other immigrants) per annum....

Anyways its a good publication you have pointed there... will read completely in bit leisure time
I think you are missing my point:
Immigrants pay more taxes - everyone pays same amount for each tax they pay - but some people (eg: immigrants) pay more taxes, Brits may pay 5-6 taxes, an immigrant with same earning levels may pay 7-8 taxes
Hence the difference in taxation

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:15 am

london2tim wrote: I think you are missing my point:
Immigrants pay more taxes - everyone pays same amount for each tax they pay - but some people (eg: immigrants) pay more taxes, Brits may pay 5-6 taxes, an immigrant with same earning levels may pay 7-8 taxes
Ok .... got you.... more number of taxes
ta

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

saanju9 wrote:
london2tim wrote: I think you are missing my point:
Ok .... got you.... more number of taxes
ta

More importantly is what's taking them so long to go thru the September applications? Anyone knows when the information about number of applications/approvals/denials for Sept is made public?

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Very interesting article about naturalisation stats from 2014

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.u ... and-trends

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Respected Members,
I am going to apply Naturalisation application in couple of weeks need your guideline guys. I am confused now should I send application through NCS or postal service. I Know you get your passport back straightaway (NCS) But if you apply by post how long it takes to get passport back. My brother getting married in July want to go back home. I can understand no restriction after applying Naturalisation application but want to go with peace of mind (done: biometric, ceremony, passport). I mean want to go home after getting passport. What's the time line for Naturalisation application now a days.

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Regards,
Saleem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:40 pm

saleem19k wrote:Respected Members,
I am going to apply Naturalisation application in couple of weeks need your guideline guys. I am confused now should I send application through NCS or postal service. I Know you get your passport back straightaway (NCS) But if you apply by post how long it takes to get passport back. My brother getting married in July want to go back home. I can understand no restriction after applying Naturalisation application but want to go with peace of mind (done: biometric, ceremony, passport). I mean want to go home after getting passport. What's the time line for Naturalisation application now a days.

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Regards,
Saleem
Suggest you apply using NCS. It is definitely worth the small fee.

Applications can take a few months or many months. Some users are still waiting since 2014 for a decision on their applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Thanks CR001 for your prompt reply.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi, I am one of them who were waiting since Feb 2014.Even I had applied through NCS. But no decision yet. Every time I just received response from the home office my case is hold due to war crime possible involvement. Now they have completed investigation and didn't find anything that is why 3 week before they asked for further evidence for consideration and they confirmed about my good character is fine and no concerned any more. They also says your file is allocated to case worker and when they received requested information then the decision will be confirm without any further delay. Let's see what is the final hope from the case worker. I am still confused about the decision would be in favour or not?
Best wishes for the rest.
Babe khyber

erdogan1

Post by erdogan1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:50 am

babe_khyber wrote:Hi, I am one of them who were waiting since Feb 2014.Even I had applied through NCS. But no decision yet. Every time I just received response from the home office my case is hold due to war crime possible involvement. Now they have completed investigation and didn't find anything that is why 3 week before they asked for further evidence for consideration and they confirmed about my good character is fine and no concerned any more. They also says your file is allocated to case worker and when they received requested information then the decision will be confirm without any further delay. Let's see what is the final hope from the case worker. I am still confused about the decision would be in favour or not?
Best wishes for the rest.
Babe khyber

Hopefully not much longer then!! fingers crossed!

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Hello law abiding citizens, I hope you are observing and upholding the laws of the land.

Made my naturalisation application on the 21st January I requested discretion as I had a court fine in the last 12 months. Evidence was supplied to HO.

Great news is my portion

Sorry was reading all your comments in silence been too busy observing the laws of the land :lol:

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm

here i found the spread sheet for citizen ship appliation
jignesh

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:32 am

I am thinking if the Home Office would create a new trial scheme for submitting citizenship applications which is granting the citizenship in the same day by an appointment with the applicant but for higher fees. Same like NCS appointment but the Case worker will interview the applicant, check the documents, makes the necessary inquiries, ask the applicant face to face...etc. If it is a straightforward case, so decision can be made in the same day or within days if the Case worker needs a feedback from an external agencies. I think it is time saving and much better for the case worker to process average 10 cases a day.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:18 am

How long does it take to debit an applicant's account after application and to reach biometric as I have sent application on 19th Jan still waiting from home office to take fees from my ac
jignesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:25 am

jignesh455 wrote:How long does it take to debit an applicant's account after application and to reach biometric as I have sent application on 19th Jan still waiting from home office to take fees from my ac
It can take a couple of weeks. If you look at the December timeline thread, you will get a general idea.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nazar
Newly Registered

Post by nazar » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:45 pm

I have applied for my two childern for Naturlisation under sectoin 1(3), both born in UK on 11th Jan 2016. Fee debited on 22/1/2016. Received the BRP enrollment for elder one on 23/01/2016. Havent received yet for younger one. Anybody else in the same situation. Any contact number to chase up with them? anyhelp would be apperciated ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:03 pm

nazar wrote:I have applied for my two childern for Naturlisation under sectoin 1(3), both born in UK on 11th Jan 2016. Fee debited on 22/1/2016. Received the BRP enrollment for elder one on 23/01/2016. Havent received yet for younger one. Anybody else in the same situation. Any contact number to chase up with them? anyhelp would be apperciated ?
Be patient and wait for it to come in the post. Each application is processed separately and individually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Manchester171 wrote:I am thinking if the Home Office would create a new trial scheme for submitting citizenship applications which is granting the citizenship in the same day by an appointment with the applicant but for higher fees. Same like NCS appointment but the Case worker will interview the applicant, check the documents, makes the necessary inquiries, ask the applicant face to face...etc. If it is a straightforward case, so decision can be made in the same day or within days if the Case worker needs a feedback from an external agencies. I think it is time saving and much better for the case worker to process average 10 cases a day.

HAHAHA
Dont be silly
they need time to run background checks etc
Citizenship is not a visa - they wont give to anyone in a day no matter how much they pay
Wishful thinking

It would be an improvement if they would just sort their messy system of approving/rejecting applications as right now people in Sept are still waiting and those in Dec almost done

I cannot imagine what the %^&&$ is it with ppl that apply in Sept that they just dont seem to bother dealing with their bloody forms

onlyone
Newly Registered

Post by onlyone » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:04 pm

Hello everyone
I applied for Naturalization on 28thjan2016 and still awaiting for the rest of process like fee and bio metrics but I have done a big blunder on my application I actually arrived in UK on 27th sep2004 but I put my date incorrectly as 26sep2004. I actually left my country on 26th and that date was stuck in my head for ever and thats why I mentioned 26thsep2004.
The NCS agent said to me thats not a problem and its a time zone issue as u left on 26th so I sent it off without changing it but now I am really agitated about it.
My question is will this be a issue and will they reject my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:22 pm

onlyone wrote:Hello everyone
I applied for Naturalization on 28thjan2016 and still awaiting for the rest of process like fee and bio metrics but I have done a big blunder on my application I actually arrived in UK on 27th sep2004 but I put my date incorrectly as 26sep2004. I actually left my country on 26th and that date was stuck in my head for ever and thats why I mentioned 26thsep2004.
The NCS agent said to me thats not a problem and its a time zone issue as u left on 26th so I sent it off without changing it but now I am really agitated about it.
No it should not be an issue.

You only applied a few days ago. You will need to be patient, HO takes their time to do things and most people wait a few weeks for fee to off and to receive biomtric letter. HO don't work 24 hours 7 days a week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

onlyone
Newly Registered

Post by onlyone » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:10 pm

CR001 wrote:

You only applied a few days ago. You will need to be patient, HO takes their time to do things and most people wait a few weeks for fee to off and to receive biomtric letter. HO don't work 24 hours 7 days a week.
Thanks for ur kind reply further more Im not worried about rest of the process Im only concerned will they take my mistake seriously and reject me on the basis that I tried to deceive them though there was no such intention of mine.As everyone knows they can be picky as hell even on minutest mistake.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 pm

onlyone wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks for ur kind reply further more Im not worried about rest of the process Im only concerned will they take my mistake seriously and reject me on the basis that I tried to deceive them though there was no such intention of mine.As everyone knows they can be picky as hell even on minutest mistake.
Without knowing background of your case, you will not be able to get you any valuable advice. You will need to be a little precise about your main area of concern.

onlyone
Newly Registered

Post by onlyone » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
onlyone wrote: I applied for Naturalization on 28thjan2016 and still awaiting for the rest of process like fee and bio metrics but I have done a big blunder on my application I actually arrived in UK on 27th sep2004 but I put my date incorrectly as 26sep2004. I actually left my country on 26th and that date was stuck in my head for ever and thats why I mentioned 26thsep2004.
Without knowing background of your case, you will not be able to get you any valuable advice. You will need to be a little precise about your main area of concern.[/quote]

Dear Arsal385 I came to uk on 27sep2004
I got Ilr on the basis of 10 years long residency on 26jan2015
And I apllied through NCS on 28thjan16.
While going through my form NCS agent point out that First Date of arrival in Uk i mentioned as 26thsep2004 while the exit stamp or the arrivale stamp on my passport says 27sep2004. I wanted to correct my mistake but agent recomended that It should be not a problem as its kinda time zone issue as u left ur country on 26thsep2004.
My question is will UKIV will take my mistake as deception or any kinda strong error i made in form on the basis of which they can reject my application?
Secondly can you also tell me NCA agent never gave me a tracking no how can I find out if my application has reached home office?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:44 am

onlyone wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
onlyone wrote: I applied for Naturalization on 28thjan2016 and still awaiting for the rest of process like fee and bio metrics but I have done a big blunder on my application I actually arrived in UK on 27th sep2004 but I put my date incorrectly as 26sep2004. I actually left my country on 26th and that date was stuck in my head for ever and thats why I mentioned 26thsep2004.
Without knowing background of your case, you will not be able to get you any valuable advice. You will need to be a little precise about your main area of concern.
Dear Arsal385 I came to uk on 27sep2004
I got Ilr on the basis of 10 years long residency on 26jan2015
And I apllied through NCS on 28thjan16.
While going through my form NCS agent point out that First Date of arrival in Uk i mentioned as 26thsep2004 while the exit stamp or the arrivale stamp on my passport says 27sep2004. I wanted to correct my mistake but agent recomended that It should be not a problem as its kinda time zone issue as u left ur country on 26thsep2004.
My question is will UKIV will take my mistake as deception or any kinda strong error i made in form on the basis of which they can reject my application?
Secondly can you also tell me NCA agent never gave me a tracking no how can I find out if my application has reached home office?[/quote]

This is certainly not a problem. HO doesn't reject applications on this trivial issue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:14 pm

jignesh455 wrote:How long does it take to debit an applicant's account after application and to reach biometric as I have sent application on 19th Jan still waiting from home office to take fees from my ac
jignesh455 wrote:
ohara wrote:Some councils are trialling combined AN & passport NCS.
i have applied my application throught postal and my biometric has also done. Can i apply passport still as you mentioned here, i dont have any idea regarding?
Please don't post questions in the more recent timeline threads.

You will have to wait till after you have attended your ceremony (if your application is approved) before you can apply for a passport. The new scheme is only possible if you apply at an NCS that offers the joint application process to do form AN and passport at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 am

Hi,

My question is about English language for naturalisation.
I received ILR last year with ESOL entry 3 certificate based on humanitarian grounds (refugee). Now I see to become a British citizen I have to have B1 certificate.
I did some research to see does it apply to me or not but answers are vary so I decided to ask here.
I'm final year student of engineering, when I enrolled they accepted my ESOL certificate. I was wondering can I get a letter from my university to get exempt from B1 certificate?
I'm sure I'll pass the test but paying £150 for the test is too much for me as a student with low income.
I would be grateful if you read and give me some advice.

Thanks in advance