ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:48 pm

gammavega wrote:Not really. You can apply for BC one year after being granted PR. So apply for PR asap and once granted you'll have to wait one year before applying for BC.
The law changed in November 2015, automatic PR doesn't count anymore, you need a physical PR paper.
Don't make the mistake of thinking you have to "apply for PR" or wait a year. PR is gained automatically regardless of whether you apply for proof of it or not, and depending on how long you have held PR before you apply for the document, there may be no need to wait at all before applying for citizenship.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1289482

gagerson
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by gagerson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:27 pm

If my June 2010 date is the date than I have completed my PR status in 2015. Meaning I will have hold it for a year this year in June. Surely they will take take the date of 5+1 for BC rather than 'when pr conf was issued' + 1.

gagerson
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by gagerson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Thanksohara- yes that's the post I've read:)

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:57 pm

gagerson wrote:If my June 2010 date is the date than I have completed my PR status in 2015. Meaning I will have hold it for a year this year in June. Surely they will take take the date of 5+1 for BC rather than 'when pr conf was issued' + 1.
Yes that's exactly how it works. The PR certificate doesn't show the date you gained PR, only the date it was issued, but the Home Office computer system has the information stored so they can check it (which they have to do).

gammavega
Poland

Post by gammavega » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:03 pm

That's not true, the law changed last year

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/eu-nati ... lications/

And here's a polish link

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:31 pm

gammavega
Poland

Post by gammavega » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 pm

You're right. So the PR document is still required but it's not the issue date that determines the 12m period.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:09 pm

gammavega wrote:You're right. So the PR document is still required but it's not the issue date that determines the 12m period.
Nailed it :wink:

Federal

Post by Federal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Hey folks - I've sent my EEA (EU) application last week with a ton of supporting documentation, but I've now only just realised that besides my current address, there was no request to list any previous addresses in the 5-year period (and I've had three). Did I miss something? I guess what I'm asking is that while I would have expected to have been asked to give the addresses of where I lived since I entered the UK, I was in fact... not. Having said that, my bank statements show the addresses over the past five years.

This might be a non-issue really. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss something. Fingers crossed for the document to be issued by March!

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Which form did you use?

Federal

Post by Federal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 pm

EEA(PR)

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:38 am

You haven't missed anything, there is no section to list previous addresses on there :)

Petanque
Newly Registered

Post by Petanque » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:11 pm

had66 wrote:
medlence wrote:EEA PR EU Citizen

Application sent: 23.01.2016
Documents received: 25.01.2016
Payment taken: 27.01.2016

Will keep you updated with the rest of the timeline.

Hi, could you please confirm how the payment is shown in your bank statement? I had my payment taken last week, but the bank statement only says EURO Liverpool, there is no reference number. I wanted to request sponsors passport back, but not sure what payment reference to include (and there is no application number yet). Also did you receive any invoice/ email confirmation? Thanks a lot!

medlence
Newly Registered

Post by medlence » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Petanque wrote:EEA PR EU Citizen
EURO Liverpool as well- no reference number or case number
No email confirmation yet

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:22 pm

It showed up on my statement like this:

11 Dec 15 EURO LIVERPOOL GB CD XXXX DEB 65.00

The XXXX was the last 4 digits of my card number.

Exactly 3 weeks later I got an email:
Dear MR XXXX XXXX XXXX,

Case ID: XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team
The case ID is the reference number I used when requesting my passport back :)

Petanque
Newly Registered

Post by Petanque » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:38 pm

medlence wrote:
Petanque wrote:EEA PR EU Citizen
EURO Liverpool as well- no reference number or case number
No email confirmation yet
Thank you Both (medlence and Ohara)! Will be waiting for the email then... Ohara, did you request only the sponsor passport or main applicant as well? I want to request my passport back for travelling, but it's for leisure so not sure if I can ask for it back without terminating my application? Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:30 pm

You can ask for it back, just select NO when it asks if you want to withdraw your application. I was the main applicant with mine, no sponsor. I needed my passport back so I could do the English test at Trinity College, they got it back to me pretty quickly when I asked. It came with a letter which I assume which I assume is generic, as it said something about asking for it so I could travel, which obviously wasn't the case.

Petanque
Newly Registered

Post by Petanque » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 pm

Great, thanks Ohara! Will just wait to receive the case number...

nel974

Post by nel974 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:09 am

hi,
I am married to a French national and applied for PR for both of us.My wife a teacher and during five years she was part employed part self-employed. Her average earning per year was £10000. The proofs we submitted are

1- 2010 to 2015 tax calculation by HMRC and SA302 2014 and 2015 NI contribution, statement
2- Her website, twitter, Facebook, Linkden, fliers, contracts, some employment payslips, emails, advertisement of Gumtree and Lingo etc
3- Bank statement showing payment from employment, self-employment companies, and cash from private student
during 5 years
Her employment earning is around £11000, her self-employment with companies is around £ 14000 and private students earning is around £23000.
my application is submitted by solicitor should I send more evidence to them, like all SA302 or letters from students etc
please advise

Kowthar
Newly Registered

Post by Kowthar » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi

I am in the process of applying for an EEA Document Certifying Permanent Residence .
We are ( myself and my 3 daughters ) all EEA nationals but I think the EAA PR form is misleading.
Should I use one form for all of us or one form per person ? which sections should I use for my children ?
We have no sponsor as we all are qualified EEA persons.
Two of my daughters are under 21 years and one of them is over 21 years old.
Alle of them are students and I am working.

I hope one can help
Many thanks in advance .

Regards
Kowthar

Federal

Post by Federal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:29 pm

ohara wrote:It showed up on my statement like this:

11 Dec 15 EURO LIVERPOOL GB CD XXXX DEB 65.00

[...]

The case ID is the reference number I used when requesting my passport back :)
Hey - just checking up on something regarding the case ID. I still haven't received my confirmation email, but a reference of sorts came up on my card statement today. It starts with 'EA' and then a string of 13 numbers. Does that look like a case ID to you?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:29 am

Unlikely. The case ID will be in the confirmation email they send you. Mine came 3 weeks after they took the payment.

donatasgem
Newly Registered

Post by donatasgem » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello,

I hope someone could solve my dilemma re: the EEA PR application and it's supporting documents.

I am a Lithuanian national who moved to the UK June 2010.

In 2010 August I started looking for work and also worked a few days before I started my University course which was what I came to the UK for.

Whilst studying full time I was also working part time throughout the duration of the first few years of my residence in the UK. I did contact HO to ask whether full time study and full time work after that would be ok for the qualified period. I was told it would be ok but I would need to submit proof of the Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. I then told the person on the phone that I did not have that because I was working at the same time. Everything would be ok but I DID NOT register for the Workers Registration Scheme which was then a requirement to be able to work. I thought if I was a full time student I would have been allowed to work anyway.

So basically to cut it short -

If I went the worker's route, I would not be able to count the time of working until 2011 April when the requirement of WRS was removed.

But because I was student from 2010 it should be ok.. The problem is that I did not have a CSI because I was working.

So basically the situation contradicts itself because I was a student without the sickness insurance but I was working so I did not have to have it but from what I understand now I would have not been able to work at the time because I did not register for the Workers Registration Scheme.

Do you think it would still be ok If I submitted prove of my studying along with the employment details as wage slips and bank statements to prove my self funding whilst in studying but not having the CSI because I was working which I should have not because of the WRS?

The problem is that each route (student and worker) helps each other out but there does not seem to be one route I could follow because as I said before I worked without the WRS and studied without CSI.

I hope I explained it properly! Will appreciate any response!!! Thank you!!

FREU
Newly Registered

Post by FREU » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Got two PR certificates today for my wife and myself, results! Here is a quick summary and timeline.
We are both French in the UK for about 15 years. We decided to apply for British citizenship so the PR applications are for that purpose ultimately. We made sure we applied with a qualifying period ending 1 year before our BC application. For practical reasons (documents easier to assemble), we chose 2007-2012 (adding a few months on both end to make a clear cut 5-y period). We made sure to demonstrate we were not absent more than 2 years after 2012 by adding proofs of residence for 2012-2015. We filled two separate EEA PR forms so we had two separate case IDs. However, I sent both forms together and filled only one payment form for £130. This I did following advice from HO helpline. A good half of the supporting documents were valid for both applications, ie council tax invoices with both names. I kept the bundle of docs tight but probably sent around 100 sheets altogether.
Applications received 18/12/2015
Payment taken 21/12/2015
Confirmation email (only one email to my wife, did not get one for me) 11/01/2016
PR certificates issued 02/02/2016
PR certificates and all supporting documents (nothing missing) 06/02/2016
So altogether 7 weeks and that's including the Christmas and New Year period, not bad.

ALIADNAN770

Post by ALIADNAN770 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:34 pm

NATIONALCAME TO UK AS STUDENT FROM PAKISTAN 21 NOVEMBER 2009
MERRIED LITHUANIAN NATIONAL 28 JANUARY 2011
GOT MY RESIDENCE DOCUMENT ISSUED ON 21 JULY 2011 (EXPIRY DATE 21 JULY 2016)
OUR CHILD BORN SEPTEMBER 2016
SEAPREATED MAY 2012
DIVORCE ON 1ST JULY 2015
APPLIED FOR RETAIN OF RIGHTS (RESIDENCE CARD) ON 18 AUGUST 2015
GOT MY BPR RESIDENCE CARD ISSUED ON 19 JANUARY 2016

(AS MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY DUE ON 28 JANUARY 2016)

I SENT MY APPLICATION FOR PERMANENCT RESIDENCE ON 06 FEBUARY 2016 IT SHOULD BE WITH HOME OFFICE ON TUESDAY 9TH FEBUARY.

CAN ANY 1 SHARE TIMELINE ON THIS PAGE NOT STORIES. PLZ