ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of employement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nick2k
Newly Registered

change of employement

Post by nick2k » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:50 pm

I am on a UK work permit for the last 3 years. I got a good job offer and I am looking to change the job now. How easy/difficult it is to get change of employment work permit these days? My new employer is willing to apply work permit for me. I have looked at the application form in the home office website and it seems simple for the people who are already in the UK with a valid work permit(tier 2 application but no need to do recruitment search). Please advice me asap. Thanks.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:08 pm

The new WP would be processed as a Tier 1 only if the job it relates to is similar to your current job. Otherwise it would be a Tier 2 application with appropriate requirement of proof of advertising. The ease of obtaining WP will depend on the new application being Tier 1 or if Tier 2 the submission of appropriate documentation showing clearly why the employer has decided to go for you rather than anyone in the resident labour pool.

nick2k
Newly Registered

Post by nick2k » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:57 am

Kayalami,thanks for your input. I have looked at the folowing applcation form in the home office website. http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... mp/WP1.doc
My job is exactly similar to the previous job. However, there is no such option in Tier 1 applicatons and only Tier 2 has an option where it asks - Q 66. does this person currently hold a similar post? --- Yes, go to declarations on page 11. -- Where you just have to declare an employement declaration.

Please let me know if my applicatiohn falls under Tier 1 or Tier 2? As per the home office website my work permit should be easier to obtain because I am having a similar job(but I don't know how can I apply for Tier 1...it seems I fall I under Tier 2 if I follow the application form). Please show me a link where it allows me to apply as a Tier 1 applicant becuase my new job is similar t the old job.
Thanks for your help

ND
Member of Standing

Nick yours is tire2 i think

Post by ND » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:09 am

Hello Nick

I am in a similar state ... one month back my company is overtaken by another company and they are reapplying for new WP.The HR said that my application will come into tire 2.I think u are right.You can directly go to the Declarations section after specifiyin 'yes' to that question.(Similar Job Question).I am 99% confident that u'rs is tire 2.And it should be really easy to get it approved.

Hope this helps.

nick2k
Newly Registered

Post by nick2k » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:27 pm

That seems better. But how do I prove that this new job is similar to my old job? I don't see anywhere in the application form that asks me to explain how it is a 'similar' job. Do I just have to say yes and go to the declaration section?

Your views and experiences are much appreciated.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:01 pm

I think there should be something called Job Description.Just specify the same details which you specified in your previous WP Application and spcify 'Yes' to that question.That should be enough.

Dont worry much about it because as long as they told that they will do WP leave it to them.And the HR will do the rest.But i also suggest u not to leave the present job without New WP approval.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:20 pm

Nick
(but I don't know how can I apply for Tier 1...it seems I fall I under Tier 2 if I follow the application form).
1st of all your employer and not you must apply for the WP....2nd why are you sweating it out dude.that's what HR are there for..to resolve this sort of things out..are they that bad.
My job is exactly similar to the previous job. However, there is no such option in Tier 1 applicatons and only Tier 2 has an option where it asks - Q 66. does this person currently hold a similar post? --- Yes, go to declarations on page 11. -- Where you just have to declare an employement declaration.
Correct i.e. tick Yes on Q66 and go to declarations on page 11.
But how do I prove that this new job is similar to my old job?
Section 10 of WP1 covers this in particular Q54 A & B - I would also recommend enclosing a job description on appropriate letter head (for both jobs if possible but certainly for the new one). WP Team will cross reference new WP application with your original WP application to match skills/ job similarity. Out of interest what are the two jobs?

Last is to echo ND's comments that you should not leave your current job before the new WP is issued.

Good Luck

i_worker
Newly Registered

Post by i_worker » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:59 pm

Sorry nick2, I don't want to create another topic with similar subject.
If my new employer applies for a WP for me, when can I start to work?
After I receive WP approval letter or after I receive a LTR?
WP application process has changed recently and I am in doubt whether I (or employer on my behalf) can apply for a new Work Permit and submit LTR application in the same time, or should I wait for WP approval first, and then apply for LTR separately?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:11 pm

If my new employer applies for a WP for me, when can I start to work? After I receive WP approval letter or after I receive a LTR?
After you receive the fresh/new LTR - the only exception to this is if you are in a category allowing employment e.g. on a current WP or HSMP and applying for a new WP or HSMP extension.
WP application process has changed recently and I am in doubt whether I (or employer on my behalf) can apply for a new Work Permit and submit LTR application in the same time, or should I wait for WP approval first, and then apply for LTR separately?
Only employer can apply for a WP. They may include the FLR IED form with the WP application on your behalf though. However you must personally sign form FLR IED. Note that the FLR IED will only be considered if the WP is approved.