ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will changes of director/shareholder affect Sponsor licerse

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jinzhao
Newly Registered

will changes of director/shareholder affect Sponsor licerse

Post by jinzhao » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:19 pm

I've spotted this website and received lots of useful information from it. Recently I have some enquiry in regard to how change of directors/shareholders will affect our Sponsor License. Wondering if anyone here could help me.

My tier 2 work visa is sponsored by my company (a limited company, quite small size). Currently the company is owned by 2 shareholders: A & B for 50:50. shareholder A is also the sole director. Now A wants to sell all his shares to B and step down from director as well. A new director will be appointed, maybe B or maybe someone else. In this case do we need to apply a new license or just notify Home Office will be enough? I guess change of director and change of owner should be considered as seperate issues, so:

1. change of director: notify HO is enough or need to apply new sponsor license ?
2. change of shareholder: notify HO is enough or need to apply new sponsor license ?

Really don't want any risks as applying a new sponsor license is more difficult now.

I really appreciate if you could advise on it.

jinzhao
Newly Registered

Re: will changes of director/shareholder affect Sponsor lice

Post by jinzhao » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi

Hope anyone can help me with this concern. Many Thanks

tida2004
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by tida2004 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:17 pm

No, it wouldn't affect.

jinzhao
Newly Registered

Post by jinzhao » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks for your reply Tida.

I also called HO helpline the other day. They said they can only let us know if new Sponsor licence is needed or not after we notify them. No clearly guideline can be found anywhere.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:20 pm

The simple answer is it will affect the licence as there has or will be a substtial change in ownership. So your sponsor must inform UKVI of this change HOWEVER because the current structure is 50/50 in real terms UKVI are unlikely to insist on a new licence application.
If they were to insist it will not affect you as as individual because any current Tier 2's would transfer over to the new licence without the need for a further visa.
Given the circumstances you outline all I would in visage is a change in the AO/KC/level 1 details as appropriate and everything carries on as before.