ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noajthan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:23 am

raha333 wrote:Hi,

My question is about English language for naturalisation.
I received ILR last year with ESOL entry 3 certificate based on humanitarian grounds (refugee). Now I see to become a British citizen I have to have B1 certificate.
I did some research to see does it apply to me or not but answers are vary so I decided to ask here.
I'm final year student of engineering, when I enrolled they accepted my ESOL certificate. I was wondering can I get a letter from my university to get exempt from B1 certificate?
I'm sure I'll pass the test but paying £150 for the test is too much for me as a student with low income.
I would be grateful if you read and give me some advice.

Thanks in advance
See forum FAQS on this important matter - particularly, see Q8:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html

Otherwise you will need to present your degree certificate or else take the new SELT test from an approved test centre.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:18 am

Hi, I am one of those people who were use ESOL E3 from Trinity college London. But in fact I was applied in Feb 2014 and I don't know if the new rule's apply to me or not because I was waiting for decision 2 year in this is not my fault. The home office concerned about my good character that why my case is so long process but now the home office sent letter to my MP and confirmed any investigation about possible war crime involvement is completed and didn't discover any my involvement and allocated my file to case worker and asked for the past residency which is I sent off 2 week ago.the home office mentioned his letter they don't have any concerns about my good character any more. When the requested information received then the decision will be made without any further delay. I don't know what gona be decision but I hope.
All the best.
Babe khyber

Medbj

Post by Medbj » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:14 am

Hi all, my AN application is straightforward one,
5 years + 1 year ILR (resident card as EU husband)
Meanwhile my wife get her British citizenship
I included my 6 years P60
My wife naturalization
My child British passport
Never had anything that can affect the HO good character conditions
Attached even my house deed
Biometrics done the 20/11/2015 and here I'm still waiting
Ps: I applied by post and I'm Tunisian ( is Tunisian citizens are subject to more checks?! )

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:28 am

Medbj wrote:Hi all, my AN application is straightforward one,
My wife naturalization
Ps: I applied by post and I'm Tunisian ( is Tunisian citizens are subject to more checks?! )

you think you're long overdue?
I have been waiting since Sept and no news and mine is even more str8 fwd than yours
i tried to contact them but they refused to update saying we have to wait for 6 months before they tell us whats the hold up

Medbj

Post by Medbj » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:25 pm

london2tim wrote:
Medbj wrote:Hi all, my AN application is straightforward one,
My wife naturalization

you think you're long overdue?
I have been waiting since Sept and no news and mine is even more str8 fwd than yours
i tried to contact them but they refused to update saying we have to wait for 6 months before they tell us whats the hold up
I'm wondering cause other applications sent in October like me been processed while I got no updates. In addition my main query is about my Tunisian citizenship and if I'm subject to deeper check or not and I didn't mention if I'm overdue but out of curiosity how's your application more straightforward ?!

danish6889
Newly Registered

Post by danish6889 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Hi Guys
Really Need Help.
Just wanted to know what documents will i need to submit with my application for british citizenship. i have been in the country 11 years last 1 year on ilr. i have all the previous passports since i have been in this country.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:43 pm

jignesh

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 pm

danish6889 wrote:Hi Guys
Really Need Help.
Just wanted to know what documents will i need to submit with my application for british citizenship. i have been in the country 11 years last 1 year on ilr. i have all the previous passports since i have been in this country.

Plenty of advice on gov.uk around this. You will need to be more specific with your request.

thesnowman
Newly Registered

Post by thesnowman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:00 pm

5 weeks now since having my biometrics done and the wait is very frustrating because it is actually more like 3 months!!!

i made an appointment with the ncs in november, the actual appointment date was not till december and when they sent the application to home office it was not processed till january even though it was received the next day :evil:

thing that could be improved:

-online appointments with the option to choose dates thats available
because with the birmingham ncs you cannot just walk in to make an appointment nor can you call, there isnt even the option online, i had to print out forms and post it which wastes time and money

thesnowman
Newly Registered

Post by thesnowman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:23 pm

- why not have home office officials do the checking at ncs that way if there is any errors it can be sorted there and then , as the ncs does not guarantee a success , you wont know about errors untill home office gets to it and that might not be months down the line
that is a really long wait to find errors that could have been rectified at the beginning stage

-it seems all very one sided, why not have the process online, that charts its progress, at what stage they are at, what are they having trouble with, how we can help to advance the application, if they require further information

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:48 pm

thesnowman wrote:- why not have home office officials do the checking at ncs that way if there is any errors it can be sorted there and then , as the ncs does not guarantee a success , you wont know about errors untill home office gets to it and that might not be months down the line
that is a really long wait to find errors that could have been rectified at the beginning stage

-it seems all very one sided, why not have the process online, that charts its progress, at what stage they are at, what are they having trouble with, how we can help to advance the application, if they require further information
Agreed. Home Office is charging hefty amount from the applicants and increasing every year. There is no online tracking system and they customer service over the phone usually provide wrong advice.

On the other hand, Citizen and immigration CANADA CIC has not increased its fees since 2003. They had even decreased their fees and they have online tracking system. Its a shame UK Home Office is still doing paper application and charging 4 times higher fees compare to its Canadian counterpart.

thesnowman
Newly Registered

Post by thesnowman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Arsal385 wrote: Agreed. Home Office is charging hefty amount from the applicants and increasing every year. There is no online tracking system and they customer service over the phone usually provide wrong advice.

On the other hand, Citizen and immigration CANADA CIC has not increased its fees since 2003. They had even decreased their fees and they have online tracking system. Its a shame UK Home Office is still doing paper application and charging 4 times higher fees compare to its Canadian counterpart.
inflation does not go up that much
minimum wage has not reached the £10 mark it'll probably be another 15-20 years before we see that, yet application for citizenship will rise by another few hundred pounds!!!

i dont understand this?
if they are increasing price , are they increasing man power/ staff to process the application quicker
so where is this extra money going to?

as a business model if a business was to increase cost, customers expect the cost to reflect the service

why cant we do all the checks ourselves and then supply home office with the relevant papers if our credentials check out, similar to having to pay and do our own crb checks when applying for jobs that involves working in sensitive areas such as schools

its not like we're applying to work for mi5 or something, where our past will have to be scrutanized

they keep saying its a privilege , if that is so then as a paying customer it is my right to get an efficient service

dareto10
Newly Registered

Post by dareto10 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi there,

I have received for my employment history from HMRC but some of the employments that fall within ten(10) years ago from now have got no employment end date and I do not have P45 for these employments, so I don't know the actual end date. I can only guess the months - what can I do?
I do not also have the address for some of these employments as the company have either closed down or changed address and name. Please advice .
Thank you.

Gabrielle72

Post by Gabrielle72 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi everybody

Can someone explain to me something please because it doesn't make any sense to me like a toll. I applied in Oct 2015 and done my biometric on the 7th of Nov 2015. Since then nothing. I looked on the sheet with the waiting times and approval and there are people who applied in January this year that they already got the aproval letter. How this is possible? There are 7 application from the same period with mine that still waiting for approval and applications in Dec or Jan that they already got theirs..How it works because I'm confused.I got two MN1 applications that should've been very straight forward because are 2 children and still haven't got any answers..Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Gabrielle72 wrote:Hi everybody

Can someone explain to me something please because it doesn't make any sense to me like a toll. I applied in Oct 2015 and done my biometric on the 7th of Nov 2015. Since then nothing. I looked on the sheet with the waiting times and approval and there are people who applied in January this year that they already got the aproval letter. How this is possible? There are 7 application from the same period with mine that still waiting for approval and applications in Dec or Jan that they already got theirs..How it works because I'm confused.I got two MN1 applications that should've been very straight forward because are 2 children and still haven't got any answers..Thanks

Those who applied through pilot scheme (Nationality and Passport applications together) are getting their approvals quicker than normal applicants.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi to all respected members,
I am going to apply for Naturlisation next week so wanted to ask some question related to it.

Is it good idea to send extra documents ( apart from mandatory) eg. Volunteer work certificates ( done lot of volunteer work in public sector ) in relation to good character requirement question . Will it help in anyway? Hope someone can share a thought here
Also with regards to the question of making United Kingdom your home country .. Is it fine to send house ownership paper to support our answer?

Thanks everyone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:39 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hi to all respected members,
I am going to apply for Naturlisation next week so wanted to ask some question related to it.

Is it good idea to send extra documents ( apart from mandatory) eg. Volunteer work certificates ( done lot of volunteer work in public sector ) in relation to good character requirement question . Will it help in anyway? Hope someone can share a thought here
Also with regards to the question of making United Kingdom your home country .. Is it fine to send house ownership paper to support our answer?

Thanks everyone.
No, it is irrelevant to the application and will not be looked at.

You do not have to send 'house papers'. You only need to answer the question in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hi to all respected members,

Thanks everyone.
No, it is irrelevant to the application and will not be looked at.

You do not have to send 'house papers'. You only need to answer the question in the form.

thanks very much CR001 and appreciate your prompt reply. I am aware of the fact that its irrelevant to the application but sending them with application will not have any adverse effect on the outcome of application. will it. eg. sending volunteer work certificates demonstrate someone being part of the society and community even though nothing has mention in the application and good character requirement is vast area rather than specific ( apart from other mentioned in the good character requirement notes in the application ). Again just a thought to share.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:06 pm

bharatsharma wrote:thanks very much CR001 and appreciate your prompt reply. I am aware of the fact that its irrelevant to the application but sending them with application will not have any adverse effect on the outcome of application. will it. eg. sending volunteer work certificates demonstrate someone being part of the society and community even though nothing has mention in the application and good character requirement is vast area rather than specific ( apart from other mentioned in the good character requirement notes in the application ). Again just a thought to share.
HO will disregard and not look at any documents that are not per the guidance notes. You either meet the good character requirement or you don't. HO will make the decision based on all their checks they make.

Submitting character reference letters is not going to be look at or convince HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:thanks very much CR001 and appreciate your prompt reply. I am aware of the fact that its irrelevant to the application but sending them with application will not have any adverse effect on the outcome of application. will it. eg. sending volunteer work certificates demonstrate someone being part of the society and community even though nothing has mention in the application and good character requirement is vast area rather than specific ( apart from other mentioned in the good character requirement notes in the application ). Again just a thought to share.
HO will disregard and not look at any documents that are not per the guidance notes. You either meet the good character requirement or you don't. HO will make the decision based on all their checks they make.

Submitting character reference letters is not going to be look at or convince HO.
Ok. Thanks very much.

thesnowman
Newly Registered

Post by thesnowman » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:55 pm

seems like most of us who applied in December had to wait almost 4 weeks before getting acknowledge!!!

it doesnt really start to get processed until the biometrics is done, so thats 4 weeks wasted

why couldnt this be done along side the application at ncs ? so once its forwarded to home office its good to go no faffing about

improvements that could be done
-have biometrics done prior to making application
-have required checks done ie crb prior to making application
basically what ever checks that needs to be done, can be done prior to application so all they need to do is confirm with the relevant agency that it is what it is
i dont mind doing the leg work if it means time is not wasted,

dareto10
Newly Registered

Post by dareto10 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Help pls!!!!
dareto10 wrote:Hi there,

I have received for my employment history from HMRC but some of the employments that fall within ten(10) years ago from now have got no employment end date and I do not have P45 for these employments, so I don't know the actual end date. I can only guess the months - what can I do?
I do not also have the address for some of these employments as the company have either closed down or changed address and name. Please advice .
Thank you.

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 pm

thesnowman wrote:seems like most of us who applied in December had to wait almost 4 weeks before getting acknowledge!!!

it doesnt really start to get processed until the biometrics is done, so thats 4 weeks wasted

why couldnt this be done along side the application at ncs ? so once its forwarded to home office its good to go no faffing about

improvements that could be done
-have biometrics done prior to making application
-have required checks done ie crb prior to making application
basically what ever checks that needs to be done, can be done prior to application so all they need to do is confirm with the relevant agency that it is what it is
i dont mind doing the leg work if it means time is not wasted,
Agreed. Unfortunately, none of those people are keen to change the system.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Gabrielle72

Post by Gabrielle72 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks..At the time of my application i wasn't aware that I can apply for naturalisation and passports in the same time.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello Senior member or guruu,
How long taking more time to decide the application when home office received the requested information from the applicant.
Initially I was applied back in February 2014 with 2 of my son as well through NCS.
Home office received on 21 February 2014.
Acknowledgment letter and fee deduction from account received 26 February 2014. Then just waiting evey time I request for update the home office says under consideration decision will taking in due course. After a 9 month I have requested to MP to intervention. But the home office replied to we will investigation for any possible war crime involvement if we discovering some sufficient evidence then we will stripping his citizenship. That is why there is further delay to conduct the investigation. Then after 2 year My MP has sent another letter for update the home office replied to my MP and Solicitor we have completed our investigation against your claint and didn't discovered any criminal history or involvement. And now his file is already allocated to caseworker the caseworker sent of some information for his pas residency before granted leave. When we receive the requested information the decision will be taking without any further delay. I have sent off the information on 21st January 2016 and still waiting for decision. When is expected the out come I am not sure.

All the best for all who were waiting for decision.
Babe khyber.