ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS without appointment on Saturday

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asmiali

NCS without appointment on Saturday

Post by asmiali » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:38 am

Is there any council in the London area that provides nationality checking service on a saturday without having a prior booking.

If I want to get an appointment for tomorrow, is there any chance? I do not have a booking.

Can I just go sit there in the hope that they will take me?

Regards,

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: NCS without appointment on Saturday

Post by solospy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:40 am

asmiali wrote:Is there any council in the London area that provides nationality checking service on a saturday without having a prior booking.

If I want to get an appointment for tomorrow, is there any chance? I do not have a booking.

Can I just go sit there in the hope that they will take me?

Regards,
No chance. You have to book an appointment before you go. Its not a walkin service.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:43 am

I don't believe any NCS provide appointment-free days, even more unlikely on a Saturday. You will see from the .gov official guidance that this service is by appointment only.
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:46 am

but what happens if there is a no show? could they not replace it?

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:50 am

asmiali wrote:but what happens if there is a no show? could they not replace it?
No they wont

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:59 am

Why the rush? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Have to go abroad for a couple of weeks and don't want this to be delayed... never know if an FPN or something else comes in the mail....

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 pm

If an FPN is issued after your BC application is submitted you are legally bound to advise the HO. They'll find out about a FPN during the good character checks anyway...the problem is in not declaring it. Or maybe you're joking.... :roll:

If you're only going to be away for a couple of weeks, I suggest you pre-book an appointment for when you get back.
(Casa, not CR001)

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:00 pm

think Brent and Wandsworth do this on Saturdays. I remember , was trying to book on a Saturday . Have a look on their site.

Regards
Narsii

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:03 pm

narsii wrote:think Brent and Wandsworth do this on Saturdays. I remember , was trying to book on a Saturday . Have a look on their site.

Regards
Narsii
Still unlikely the OP would get an appointment for tomorrow. None of the NCS are a walk in service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Hurry up , I justchecked the Wandsworth Online booking system , 3 slots available for Feb 6 th.

https://registrars.wandsworth.gov.uk/Ag ... eTime.aspx
Get it done before some one-else

Regards
Narsii

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:59 pm

11 '0 clock Slot gone , only 9:30 and 10:00 slots available :-)
narsii wrote:Hurry up , I justchecked the Wandsworth Online booking system , 3 slots available for Feb 6 th.

https://registrars.wandsworth.gov.uk/Ag ... eTime.aspx
Get it done before some one-else

Regards
Narsii

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:52 am

Does this mean that the borough council will provide an NCS service to an applicant who does not live within the same borough?! If that's the case, applicants should be opting for those that provide the joint citizenship/passport service which is currently proving to take less time to decide on an application.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:06 am

18august2014 wrote:Does this mean that the borough council will provide an NCS service to an applicant who does not live within the same borough?! If that's the case, applicants should be opting for those that provide the joint citizenship/passport service which is currently proving to take less time to decide on an application.
Yes. There is no requirement to have the NCS at your local council. You can use any council, even one hundreds of miles away. It makes sense to use one that provides JCAPS service.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided