ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

landing form for refugee status / CTD holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uchida

landing form for refugee status / CTD holder

Post by uchida » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I have scoured the threads on here for an answer to the question I'm posting, but found no answers, so I apologize if it (the questions) has been addressed in a previous thread. If it has, can someone please point me in the right direction.

My close mate was given refugee status 3 years ago and has a convention travel document. He traveled to Spain last week, and upon his return back to the UK, he was asked to fill a landing form by the UK immigration officer, and she was asking him how he came to have the status in the first place. We've both gone to Spain together and I didn't witness him getting harangued with questions like that.

My questions are: Is he meant to fill the landing form when re-entering the UK, despite the fact that he already has a residence permit? was the IO being overzealous and out of order by asking how and why he was conferred a refugee status in the first place?

I will appreciate any link to information on the UKBA website, where I can look this up, and possibly make a complaint if the IO was abusing privilege (or whatever the case may be)

Cheers,

Uchida

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: landing form for refugee status / CTD holder

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:18 pm

All non EU and Non British citizens are required to fill in a landing card as far as I am aware.

IO's are allowed to ask questions, they are just doing their jobs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uchida

Re: landing form for refugee status / CTD holder

Post by uchida » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:All non EU and Non British citizens are required to fill in a landing card as far as I am aware.

IO's are allowed to ask questions, they are just doing their jobs.
Cheers for your response mate.... :D :D I guess he has to sock it up and wait till when he gets a full British passport. :D