ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant parents proof

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Javed_shah
Newly Registered

Dependant parents proof

Post by Javed_shah » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post, your view are welcome.

I'll be applying for my mother visa in next few weeks under the directive 2004/38/ec so was wondering what dependency proof can I send as I normally send remittance on a relatives name as it's difficult for my mother to go out in the city to collect as she lives in a village. I have also put a lump sum in her account 2 years ago which she regularly uses. In absence of remittance slips is there any other proof I may be able to attach to support her application and prove her dependency?
As we are 5 brothers in some cases she was also helped financially by my other brothers occasionally but mainly by myself.

Can you please help.

Thank you all in advance

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant parents proof

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Inmost cases financial dependency is proved by money transfer from EU citizen to Non EU (parents, extended family etc ...)

I personally reckon you will struggle if you don't show a clear transfer between you and your mother, however experienced people advice is needed here,

Javed_shah
Newly Registered

Post by Javed_shah » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:24 am

Is there anyone able to add anything to the above questions?

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 am

Hi,

I do not believe that the remittance proof is mandatory as this is not the only way to prove dependency. If you have been paying for her accommodation and the receipt clearly shows your name on it, I think that would suffice.

I recently did the same for my father in law and his visa was approved in 6 weeks. You just have to make sure you submit all other relevant documents and she will be fine.

Good luck brother.
Life is a journey.........

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:33 am

The question is whether the EU national need your material support to meet their essential needs, and not a particular standard.

Provided the dependent family member will not be able to meet essential needs without your support, they will be classified as Dependent.

Essential needs could be food on table, provision of accommodation or clothing, payment of home bills etc .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:03 am

Javed_shah wrote:Hi guys, this is my first post, your view are welcome.

I'll be applying for my mother visa in next few weeks under the directive 2004/38/ec so was wondering what dependency proof can I send as I normally send remittance on a relatives name as it's difficult for my mother to go out in the city to collect as she lives in a village. I have also put a lump sum in her account 2 years ago which she regularly uses. In absence of remittance slips is there any other proof I may be able to attach to support her application and prove her dependency?
As we are 5 brothers in some cases she was also helped financially by my other brothers occasionally but mainly by myself.

Can you please help.

Thank you all in advance
Hi Javed..

Welcome to forum.

I applied for my mom's EU1 December 2015. I moved with my mom from UK and mom had UK family visit C visa and was visiting me. I was stamped 2 months stamp in Ireland border but I managed to get all documents within a month and was able to apply EU1.

The following are the docs I submitted for dependency I am still waiting for Temporary stamp:

1.Ireland Bank Statement to show dependency in Ireland
2. UK Electricity Bill and Ireland Electricity Bill with mom's name to prove she was part of household
3. Three Yrs Wire Transfer from UK to home country
4. GP Letter and Medical Report from the UK stating the need for dependency
5. Father’s Death Certificate
6. UK Post Office Statement of mom showing receiving funds received from while in UK
7. UK Bank Statementto show fund was paid to mom Post Office account.

I hope this helps!

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Raja,

Did you get any acknowledgement response back for EU1 application?

Also are you exercising your treaty rights i.e. working etc did you submitted any such documents with your application. Thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:25 am

Hamza2013 wrote:Hi Raja,

Did you get any acknowledgement response back for EU1 application?

Also are you exercising your treaty rights i.e. working etc did you submitted any such documents with your application. Thanks
Hi..

It is taking minimum 14 weeks for acknowledgment now. So expecting in couple of weeks.

I have been working fulltime since last October. So I have submitted work contract, payslip and tax credit certificate.

I hope it helps

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks Raja,

I am just wondering i haven't sent tax credit as didn't mentioned in the document check list, just sent pay slips and a letter from employer confirming the work hours pay location etc.

We have applied in Jan so your and ours acknowledgement should be in same time.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Hamza2013 wrote:Thanks Raja,

I am just wondering i haven't sent tax credit as didn't mentioned in the document check list, just sent pay slips and a letter from employer confirming the work hours pay location etc.

We have applied in Jan so your and ours acknowledgement should be in same time.
Hi..

If you are employed Most recent P60 or Tax Credit Certificate is necessary as it is mentioned in the EU1 form check list.

At this point, I would suggest you to wait for the temporary stamp letter from INIS as they will mention in the letter if they need your tax credit certificate.

For your peace of mind, you may also mail them a copy of tax certificate ( if u r employed) to INIS if you would like. There is no harm.

I applied beginning of December 2015 and if Im not wrong I may be getting my letter first ;)

I hope this helps.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks Raja,

Sorry i did attach P60, but will mail tax credit as well. Thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Hamza2013 wrote:Thanks Raja,

Sorry i did attach P60, but will mail tax credit as well. Thanks
You are fine as you have already sent P60. The check list says P60 OR Tax Credit.

Good luck to us!

roxyali3005

Post by roxyali3005 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi I have applied for short stay C Cat visa. Is that what you have applied for too? We sent th file on 11 sept and no reply yet?