ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed penalty notice question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sylvia532

Fixed penalty notice question

Post by sylvia532 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi
I applied for naturalisation last month and declared all 3 fixed penalty notices that are still on my licence.

I now received a police check which I had applied for a long time before submitting my application but it took ages to arrive.

The police check shows a fixed penalty notice for speeding (paid on time) which I received in 2008 but did not declare on my AN application as it's not on my licence anymore.

I'm panicking as I don't know what to do. Should I write a letter to HO and inform them about the fixed penalty notice even though it doesn't show on my licence anymore?

I would appreciate advice.

narsii

Re: Fixed penalty notice question

Post by narsii » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Although FPNs are not considered to be criminal convictions , it would be better to declare them if you have information about this in hand , which you did .

If I were you , I would update HO about this .This is to avoid any deception and trying to be truthful .

Regards
NArsii

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Thank you very much for your reply!
I thought the same as you but then found the following question and answer written by one of moderators in the thread "British Citizenship - Good character requirements":

Q11 - Should I declare my conviction even if it is spent?

You should declare all spent and unspent convictions. You should also include information relating to any FPNs (that are still on your licence or have been given in the last 12 months) and Fiscal Fines. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must provide the paper counterpart.

It appears that only FPNs still on an applicant license should be declared.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Is the above answer still true for current applications submitted in 2016?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:24 am

I would ... but where and to whom ... don't know
You can call the help line and see if they could provide you with an email address or a postal address to let the case worker know
But if you can't get hold of one, I wouldn't loose my sleep over it
you declared what you thought are relevant... so, you should be fine... if it is something serious than speeding ticket...then I would panic ...