ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship form UKF

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Re: New citizenship form UKF

Post by keji » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Ceelocsta wrote:Congratulations Kenji!!!

Thanks a bunch

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:08 am

I'm super happy about Keji and Ceelocsta :D :D :D :D :D !!!!! Hoping we all have positive answers soon.

Both of you applied from overseas?

Update in my application: biometrics done - 3/2/16

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:52 am

bright_star wrote:I'm super happy about Keji and Ceelocsta :D :D :D :D :D !!!!! Hoping we all have positive answers soon.

Thanks bright_star, yours is on the way.
Yea,I applied from Nigeria ,first week in August, biometrics - Nov ending. My approval letter was dated 13 January.

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm

keji wrote:
bright_star wrote:I'm super happy about Keji and Ceelocsta :D :D :D :D :D !!!!! Hoping we all have positive answers soon.

Thanks bright_star, yours is on the way.
Yea,I applied from Nigeria ,first week in August, biometrics - Nov ending. My approval letter was dated 13 January.

Thanks a lot for your answer, Keji!

Ben170292
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Ben170292 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:02 am

I have just received an email ending in @fco.gov.uk, does this sound like an official email?

It is saying they have received my British Citizenship Certificate and need to organise my attendance for the ceremony.

it doesn't mention my name and I haven't received any letters, so I am a bit worried it is a scam of some sort.

Ben

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:39 am

Emails that I've received from British consular officials (though about an entirely different matter - my citizenship application has been languishing for nine months with no news) have also ended with @fco.gov.uk.

Ben170292
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Ben170292 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:56 am

Thanks for the fast reply.

So it looks like I have been successful and will hopefully be able to attend a ceremony on Feb 25.

Ben170292
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Ben170292 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:59 am

I went to edit my last post to show my timeline but I can't so need to make a new one.

I applied from Melbourne, Australia

Sent Application: 19 Sep 15
80 pounds withdrawn: 02 Oct 15
Received Biometrics letter: 12 Nov 15
Biometrics done: 20 Nov 15
Received email contact with successful application PDF: 12 Feb 16
Citizenship ceremony is booked for 25 Feb 16

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:16 am

Ben170292 wrote:I have just received an email ending in @fco.gov.uk, does this sound like an official email?

It is saying they have received my British Citizenship Certificate and need to organise my attendance for the ceremony.

it doesn't mention my name and I haven't received any letters, so I am a bit worried it is a scam of some sort.

Ben

Yes, i think so. remember i didt get a letter too. i was called. the consular secretary called me herself and begged and requested if i will like to come the next day on a short notice.during d call,she told me she will send me a mail officially which came in immediately. this was the email add. :Consular.Lagos@fco.gov.uk

but my name was mentioned in d mail. mayb, i will suggest u reply them and see how it goes. or call any number on it. i notice when i replied the mail, it came back automated

JJL
Newly Registered

Post by JJL » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi All,

The British High Commission in South Africa has contacted me and I have my ceremony next week. Meaning, this time next week I will be a British Citizen. Such an amazing feeling. I applied from South Africa and my total time line was 4 months and a half months. Good luck everyone and thank you so much for all of your assistance on this forum. If there are any South African applicants please feel free to reach out to me, I might be able to provide some useful tips and hints.

Lizzie64
Newly Registered

Post by Lizzie64 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Have any of you heard any update on when biometric enrolment for UK citizenship is going to be possible in the USA? I think bfrenchfry mentioned a few weeks back that it could possibly be by the end of Feb 2016 but I just wondered if anyone had any updated info?

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:51 pm

hi all, just a short query... i got biometrics letter on 02.02.16, but without my documents. i was going through your posts and some people got their documents back with biometrics letter. should i e-mail them about my documents or it is normal receiving biometrics letter without the supporting documents? cheers!

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:27 pm

bright_star wrote:hi all, just a short query... i got biometrics letter on 02.02.16, but without my documents. i was going through your posts and some people got their documents back with biometrics letter. should i e-mail them about my documents or it is normal receiving biometrics letter without the supporting documents? cheers!
Didn't get my documents back with biometric letter either.
It came months later wit approval letter.

canabrit
Newly Registered

Post by canabrit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:58 pm

They gave me back about half my documents with the biometrics letter, which was at the start of December. The rest I'm hoping they haven't lost and I'll get them back if/when I ever get an acceptance letter. But we'll see!

I suppose no news for you this week, bfrenchfry?

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:29 am

canabrit wrote:They gave me back about half my documents with the biometrics letter, which was at the start of December. The rest I'm hoping they haven't lost and I'll get them back if/when I ever get an acceptance letter. But we'll see!

I suppose no news for you this week, bfrenchfry?
Still nothing and getting close to the 10 month mark. Biometrics done in Canada on December 8th.

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:32 am

Lizzie64 wrote:Have any of you heard any update on when biometric enrolment for UK citizenship is going to be possible in the USA? I think bfrenchfry mentioned a few weeks back that it could possibly be by the end of Feb 2016 but I just wondered if anyone had any updated info?
The letters a number of us received in November said in January 2016 they would send us an update on biometrics, not that it would be done. A few on the UKM board after applying in October tried to ask to do their biometrics abroad right away and were told they couldn't because the home office anticipated it being available for them in the US in their 6 month timeline. Doesn't mean they will actually have them in February. Let's face it, they've been "anticipating" having this service available for 10 months now so we're clearly not a priority.

Lizzie64
Newly Registered

Post by Lizzie64 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:35 am

Thanks bfrenchfry!

I haven't been waiting as long as you, and so many others here, have so at this point I should count myself lucky. I hope you will soon have good news and all this waiting and being in limbo will be behind you.

Roka1404
Newly Registered

Post by Roka1404 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:56 am

JJL wrote:Hi All,

The British High Commission in South Africa has contacted me and I have my ceremony next week. Meaning, this time next week I will be a British Citizen. Such an amazing feeling. I applied from South Africa and my total time line was 4 months and a half months. Good luck everyone and thank you so much for all of your assistance on this forum. If there are any South African applicants please feel free to reach out to me, I might be able to provide some useful tips and hints.

Hi JJL,

I would really like to discuss this with you if possible, my fiancee is about to start this process from South Africa based on her father. did you use an agency to represent you??

Cheers

Brad

mbianco21
Newly Registered

Post by mbianco21 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Hello:

I received my UKM approval letter January 7, 2016. I live in Arizona. I have not received my ceremony letter? Has anyone in the western USA (I believe my consulate would be in Los Angeles) attended or received their ceremony letter?

Thank you.

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:00 pm

keji wrote:
bright_star wrote:hi all, just a short query... i got biometrics letter on 02.02.16, but without my documents. i was going through your posts and some people got their documents back with biometrics letter. should i e-mail them about my documents or it is normal receiving biometrics letter without the supporting documents? cheers!
Didn't get my documents back with biometric letter either.
It came months later wit approval letter.
Thanks for your reply, keji!

NJProfessor
Newly Registered

Post by NJProfessor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:30 am

canabrit wrote:Great! Thanks. That's kinda what I figured...

So, fret not, NJProfessor. As I was saying in one of my last posts, it seems like Home Office is starting to move through things in a more orderly fashion. People in the UK tend to go through quicker regardless, but some of the other acceptances lately have seemingly correlated with the timing of people's biometrics (in a chronological manner). First, a couple people who did biometrics in mid-november got their acceptance letters, then keji, who had done theirs at the tail-end of Nov. Then Ceelocsta was the 7th of december. And if I recall, bfrenchfry did theirs a week before us in Toronto (we were the 15th of Dec), so that makes them the 8th. If this is indeed a pattern that's developing, I would reckon bfrenchfry will see something this week, and then hopefully us within 2...

But time will tell, obviously. Fingers crossed for bfrench...

Sure hope you are right Canabrit that things should be getting close! Would really like to get this whole thing done!

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg333 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 am

mbianco21 wrote:Hello:

I received my UKM approval letter January 7, 2016. I live in Arizona. I have not received my ceremony letter? Has anyone in the western USA (I believe my consulate would be in Los Angeles) attended or received their ceremony letter?

Thank you.
I did the UKM route and attended my ceremony at the Los Angeles consulate. It took about 3 weeks from the date of my approval letter till the consulate received my registration certificate. I emailed the LA consulate PR email to get in contact with someone. Once they received my certificate they contacted me by email to schedule the ceremony.

Ceremony was in the lobby of the consulate. Had to do the oath on a bible and then they handed me the certificate. Its a very quick and legal type ceremony unlike the ones done in the UK.

JJL
Newly Registered

Post by JJL » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Roka1404 wrote:

Hi JJL,

I would really like to discuss this with you if possible, my fiancee is about to start this process from South Africa based on her father. did you use an agency to represent you??

Cheers

Brad
Hi Brad,

I did everything myself using the UKF guide. Make sure you DHL all documents and send a letter with your application asking that you can arrange for DHL to have documents sent back to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Roka1404
Newly Registered

Post by Roka1404 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi JJL

Thanks so much for the reply, could I ask a few more questions;

1. Did you have your father's expired British passport?

2. Did you use a vault copy of your birth certificate or unabridged? How long did vault if it was vault? We are awaiting the vault now.

3. Did you have a British passport holding referee?

4. With returning your documents - did the Home Office call and let you know that your documents were ready and you organised DHL to pick them up?

Thanks again!

Roka1404
Newly Registered

Post by Roka1404 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi JJL, see below please (wouldn't post earlier!)

Hi JJL

Thanks so much for the reply, could I ask a few more questions;

1. Did you have your father's expired British passport?

2. Did you use a vault copy of your birth certificate or unabridged? How long did vault if it was vault? We are awaiting the vault now.

3. Did you have a British passport holding referee?

4. With returning your documents - did the Home Office call and let you know that your documents were ready and you organised DHL to pick them up?

Thanks again!