ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving without insurance and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Scorpio1987
Newly Registered

Driving without insurance and Naturalisation

Post by Scorpio1987 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply for my British naturalisation within few weeks. I got my ILR in 2014. I was stopped by police in january 2015 due to driving without insurance and was given £200 fine and 6 fixed penalty points and my driving licence was revoked. I paid fine on time and applied for my provisional driving licence and got it again.i was a named driver on my wifes car and in this confusion that im entitled to drive anyother car being named driver on my wifes car,i drove my friends car and got points. i rang home office and asked them in detail and they said it should be okay as u didnt go to court but u have to mention these points and fine. please advice.

Rassel

Re: Driving without insurance and Naturalisation

Post by Rassel » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Home will say yes, coz they need your £1006
but as you mention your licence was revoked, and you was driving without insurance
it is an offence.
Scorpio1987 wrote:Hi All,

I am going to apply for my British naturalisation within few weeks. I got my ILR in 2014. I was stopped by police in january 2015 due to driving without insurance and was given £200 fine and 6 fixed penalty points and my driving licence was revoked. I paid fine on time and applied for my provisional driving licence and got it again.i was a named driver on my wifes car and in this confusion that im entitled to drive anyother car being named driver on my wifes car,i drove my friends car and got points. i rang home office and asked them in detail and they said it should be okay as u didnt go to court but u have to mention these points and fine. please advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:21 am

This must be declared in your BC application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 am

how is your Driving License got revoked?

Scorpio1987
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio1987 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:01 am

I live in Northern Ireland, if u get 6 points on ur licence within 2 yrs u passed ur licence, ur licence will be revoked. I passed my driving n Jan 2014 and got points after one yr in January 2015 that's y my licence was revoked. but now its more than 1 yr since I got points. Would it be okay if I declare and mention in a cover letter? Police stopped me and I rang my insurance company but they said u r not entitled to drive anyother car except ur wifes car so I got insurance straightway on my frnds car infront of ploice. They gave me £200 fine and asked me to submit ur driving licence in police station. I did same and paid fine very next day. after 2 and half months I got letter from DVA that ur licence has been revoked but u can reapply for provisional again and u have to take both theory and practical test again. i only got proviosional but didn't take theory and practical so far. I rang home office and explained to them they sai du have to declare it but it shouldn't affect ur application.

Scorpio1987
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio1987 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 am

bubin123 wrote:how is your Driving License got revoked?
I live in Northern Ireland, if u get 6 points on ur licence within 2 yrs u passed ur licence, ur licence will be revoked. I passed my driving n Jan 2014 and got points after one yr in January 2015 that's y my licence was revoked. but now its more than 1 yr since I got points. Would it be okay if I declare and mention in a cover letter? Police stopped me and I rang my insurance company but they said u r not entitled to drive anyother car except ur wifes car so I got insurance straightway on my frnds car infront of ploice. They gave me £200 fine and asked me to submit ur driving licence in police station. I did same and paid fine very next day. after 2 and half months I got letter from DVA that ur licence has been revoked but u can reapply for provisional again and u have to take both theory and practical test again. i only got proviosional but didn't take theory and practical so far. I rang home office and explained to them they sai du have to declare it but it shouldn't affect ur application.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Scorpio1987 wrote:
bubin123 wrote:how is your Driving License got revoked?
A cautionary tale & lesson for us all - thanks for sharing.

Be careful with advice from HO helpline.
However in this case I would agree & it is lin line with published guidance: if in doubt declare the details of such cases.

Caseworker can then choose to disregard according to their criteria and if they see fit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.