ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RoA CoE for a British citizen child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naveenk

Re: Right to Abode for Baby born in India for British citize

Post by naveenk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Hima02, vinny,

My marriage certificate was laminated, so we got another certificate from registrar.
But later my wife got the lamination removed.
When she went to submit ROA application, VFS suggested to submit both marriage certificates. She did submitted both of them.

Will it be a problem with British high commission?

Also she did laminated the child's birth certificate.
So we got another borth certificate from MeeSeva and submitted this new borth certificate along with ROA application instead of laminated borth certificate. VFS was OK with that.

Will it be a problem with British high commission?

Please guide me.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:25 am

In my view, the laminated copies shouldn't do any harm. I've my marriage certificate laminated as well and will be using for the application. I think, Hima had mentioned already that she used most of her laminated documents during ROA process.

vinny and Hima, can you please help us out here?

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 am

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:49 pm

shrikant124,

In this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 59783.html

Hello Sanjay,

We applied ROA online and submitted docs in Hyderabad on 3rd March below is our data
my son was born in UK before we got ILR and registered as British Citizen after our ILR.
we submitted
1. His UK full Birth certificate
2. British citizen registration certificate
3. his indian passport obtained while he was in UK
4. expired BRP card
5. letters from NHS
6. photo copy of parents passports and ILR card.
7. Marriage certificate was laminated so got another letter from register as laminated docs not accepted.
8. his old letters from home office.
9. Father employment history from HMRC
10. His return Ticket booked 4 months ago!

Not sure if it's safe to take a chance by submitting laminated marriage certificate.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:13 pm

naveenk wrote:shrikant124,

In this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 59783.html

Hello Sanjay,

We applied ROA online and submitted docs in Hyderabad on 3rd March below is our data
my son was born in UK before we got ILR and registered as British Citizen after our ILR.
we submitted
1. His UK full Birth certificate
2. British citizen registration certificate
3. his indian passport obtained while he was in UK
4. expired BRP card
5. letters from NHS
6. photo copy of parents passports and ILR card.
7. Marriage certificate was laminated so got another letter from register as laminated docs not accepted.
8. his old letters from home office.
9. Father employment history from HMRC
10. His return Ticket booked 4 months ago!

Not sure if it's safe to take a chance by submitting laminated marriage certificate.
This is bit worrying me now. I'm going to ask my wife to apply for new certificate and same time to do an affidavit to ensure all docs are in good state.. Thanks for pinpointing this.. I'll let you know if I need anything or I get more information... thanks again!!

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:51 pm

shrikant124 wrote:In my view, the laminated copies shouldn't do any harm. I've my marriage certificate laminated as well and will be using for the application. I think, Hima had mentioned already that she used most of her laminated documents during ROA process.

vinny and Hima, can you please help us out here?
Hi shrikant124,

As I said earlier I submitted my baby's orginal laminated birth certificate and even my SSC was laminated. I feel in India British high comision should be fine with d laminated ones. My experience was good. Bangalore vfs did not raise any concerns reg. laminated ones. They were fine with accepting them.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks Hima, This gave me some hope. I looks to depend on the experience of VFS staff in each city.. I hope, all will be good with my application

Anvitha3
Newly Registered

Post by Anvitha3 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:56 pm

hi,
My wife and myself both are British citizens ( through naturalization) and we were blessed with baby boy in January,2016 in India.We both hold OCI.

Could anyone please let me know if we can
1.apply Indian passport for the new born?
2.If we can apply right to Abode for the new born WITHOUT getting Indian passport?

Thanks,
Anvi

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Anvitha3 wrote:hi,
My wife and myself both are British citizens ( through naturalization) and we were blessed with baby boy in January,2016 in India.We both hold OCI.

Could anyone please let me know if we can
1.apply Indian passport for the new born?
2.If we can apply right to Abode for the new born WITHOUT getting Indian passport?

Thanks,
Anvi
Anvi, you'll get quick response if you delete your post and create new thread. The members contributed in this thread had different visa circumstances.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Hima02,

In your comment on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:54 pm in this thread, you gave list of documents submitted by you.
In that list marriage certificate was not mentioned.
Did you submitted marriage certificate also ?

Thanks.

KWaterson
Newly Registered

Post by KWaterson » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:10 am

The documents you supply, do they all need to be original? do you need to supply copies aswell?

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 am

KWaterson,

Depends on what basis you are claiming right of abode.

KWaterson
Newly Registered

Post by KWaterson » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14 pm

naveenk wrote:KWaterson,

Depends on what basis you are claiming right of abode.

she is born in Cambodia, I am her father and I am British Citizen 'otherwise than by descent'
she is entitled to British Citizenship by birth.

I am sending her passport, both of our birth certificates etc., the ones not in English I am providing with a certified English translation.

I was wondering if I need to send extra copies of all the documents or is the one copy enough?

Regards

Keith

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 pm

I think you might have to send your marriage certificate, your british naturalization certificate originals as well. But it's good to check with local VFS & British high commission in Cambodia if you are applying from Cambodia.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Hima02 wrote:Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with their suggestions for my baby's ROA application.
My application was successful and got my baby's ROA in just 1 week. In 3 working days my baby's application was processed.

Timeline for the application was:

Submitted: 29/12/2015
Received at Chennai British high commission: 31/12/2015
Application processed and dispatched: 6/1/2016 (received an email)
Received at my place: 8/1/2016

Documents I submitted were:
1. Baby's birth certificate
2. Father's Naturalization certificate
3. Mother's passport and ILR photocopy
4. Mother's Affidavit for birth certificate and 10th class certificate (as I din't have my bc)
5. Father's passport photocopy
6. Father's employer letter, payslips & bank statements
6. Cover letter by father, mother and self
7. TB certificate

I hope this information would help anyone applying for the same.

I thank everyone ones again for their timely help.

Best regards,
Hima
Hi Hima,

As per documents list above, it seems you did not submitted your marriage certificate.
Could you please confirm if you did or did not submitted your marriage certificate ?
This will help others also when they prepare list of their documents.

Regards.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:55 pm

Naveen, you'll need marriage certificate (original) as this is the basis of a relationship between father and baby. The marriage certificate isn't require when a monther is British citizen. This is mentioned in the guidelines. Give original marriage certificate.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:18 am

Hi shrikant124,

We submitted application last Thursday and my wife gave delaminated marriage certificate as well as new True Extract of marriage certificate from registrar.

We got only an email saying application received on last friday.
Since then no update.

We submitted birth certificate, my naturalization certificate, TB certificate, bank statements, wife passport & ILR certified copies, my passport certified copies, baby original passport and photos, covering letter.

I'm a bit worried as most of people got status as Processed and Dispatched by this time.
But we didn't get any update.

When we removed lamination and submitted marriage certificate along with new marriage true extract certificate from registrar, my wife asked VFS guy if she needs to provide any letter explaining this.

But VFS guy said it's not required and told her to submit both marriage certificates.

Is this causing any delay in processing my son's ROA application ?

I'm a bit worried.

Hope everything goes fine and we get approval but it's a bit tense moment now :(

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:45 am

naveenk wrote:Hi shrikant124,

We submitted application last Thursday and my wife gave delaminated marriage certificate as well as new True Extract of marriage certificate from registrar.

We got only an email saying application received on last friday.
Since then no update.

We submitted birth certificate, my naturalization certificate, TB certificate, bank statements, wife passport & ILR certified copies, my passport certified copies, baby original passport and photos, covering letter.

I'm a bit worried as most of people got status as Processed and Dispatched by this time.
But we didn't get any update.

When we removed lamination and submitted marriage certificate along with new marriage true extract certificate from registrar, my wife asked VFS guy if she needs to provide any letter explaining this.

But VFS guy said it's not required and told her to submit both marriage certificates.

Is this causing any delay in processing my son's ROA application ?

I'm a bit worried.

Hope everything goes fine and we get approval but it's a bit tense moment now :(
Naveen, don't get anxious. The bad experience of people we learnt during ROA adding some pressure here. I think, the laminated certificate shouldn't do any harm and causing delays. You should get some update middle of next week.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:55 am

Hima02 wrote: Passport and Travel Information
1. Nationality - British
No, Indian national
(They specify as mentioned in ur travel document, so give Indian only.)

2. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities? (yes or no) ?
No (India does'nt allow dual citizenship, so mentioning british wud be wrong for ur baby)
That doesn't sound right. You seem to be denying that the baby is British, in which case it would not have the right of abode! (I haven't started an application for right of abode, so I can't view the question.)

My understanding is that India allows dual nationality provided it isn't acquired by naturalisation or registration, and provided one does not obtain a passport in the other nationality. (I've no idea what happens when it is acquired by satisfying the British Secretary of State of someone's paternity.)

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 am

Hi Hima, vinny,

This is the mail I got from BHS:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this expected date.
Please do not attend the visa application centre until you have been asked to do so. This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UK Visas and Immigration contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration
BDHC Chennai

Please let me know what does this mean ?
Is this because we submitted delaminated marriage certificate and as well as True Extract of marriage certificate from the registrar ?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
Naveen.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi naveenk,

I am not sure as to what was not straightforward in ur case. You have even consulted a solicitor. You have submitted a true copy of MC also. This is a bit unlucky. But don't worry it's not rejected, it's just taking little more time. Let's be positive and hope for the best.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi Hima02,

When you applied for ROA for your child, you mentioned you have submitted copies of father's british passport.

Did you got these copies certified by Post Office in UK or by Notary solicitor in UK ?

In my case i got my passport copies certified by notary in UK. Should I get this passport certified by uk post office instead of notary ?

Please advise. I suspect that might be the cause of delay in my child's application.

vinny, please guide me.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:02 pm

naveenk wrote:Hi Hima02,

When you applied for ROA for your child, you mentioned you have submitted copies of father's british passport.

Did you got these copies certified by Post Office in UK or by Notary solicitor in UK ?

In my case i got my passport copies certified by notary in UK. Should I get this passport certified by uk post office instead of notary ?

Please advise. I suspect that might be the cause of delay in my child's application.

vinny, please guide me.
Hi naveenk,

I submitted my husband's passport photocopy self attested by him. That's all, did not get it certified by anyone.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Hima02 wrote:
naveenk wrote:Hi Hima02,

vinny, please guide me.
Hi naveenk,

I submitted my husband's passport photocopy self attested by him. That's all, did not get it certified by anyone.

Is it absolutely necessary to attest husband passport photocopies.? My wife is applying for son's ROA next week and I sent passport photocopies with only main page attested.. Will it affect application process?

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi Hima,

Thanks for the response.
In cover letter, we mentioned as father was naturalized british citizen before child's birth and the child is british by descent.

But I also sent an email to Chennai Visa enquiries with below content:

Subject: GWF********* {Name of child}

Hi,

My name is *********.
My british passport number is ***********.
Recently my wife ********** applied for my son's Right Of Abode from VFS Hyderabad.

As per below rule he is eligible for Right of abode to UK.

As per the Immigration 2006 no.3145 document my wife ************ have applied for Right of abode for my son .
Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006 says that an
Applicant was born outside the United Kingdom and the Falkland Islands on or after 1st January 1983, or outside the United Kingdom and any qualifying British overseas territory on or after 21st May 2002, to a parent born in the United Kingdom or the Falkland Islands (or, on/after 21 May 2002, any qualifying British overseas territory) or to a parent registered or naturalized in the United Kingdom prior to the applicant’s birth.
We have submitted the following supporting document:
(i)Applicant’s full birth certificate showing parents’ details
(ii)Parents’ marriage certificate (if claiming through father)
(iii)Parents’ full birth certificate, registration or naturalization certificate Father)
As mentioned above we have submitted all the documents for ROA .
The child is British by descent as the Father is British Citizen (Naturalized) & according to the Immigration.

In the covering letter from *******(the solicitor in UK who prepared the application with my inputs),it was mentioned the child is british by descent as I'm a naturalized british citizen with British passport before the birth of my son.

We already provided marriage certificate, child's birth certificate and my naturalization certificate, TB certificate, Certified copies of my passport, certified copies of my wife's passport & ILR card, my bank statements, photos, child's passport.

Please kindly approve my son's right of abode application.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Naveen.

After sending this email, next day I got response saying application is not straightforward, so it might take some more time.

Did you mentioed Immigration 2006 no.3145 in your covering letter ? Or did you put any specific clauses in your covering letter ?

Regards,
Naveen.