ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused due to T1 tax discrepancies

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

tomtom1
Newly Registered

ILR Refused due to T1 tax discrepancies

Post by tomtom1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Guys,

My ILR Refused on Similar tax descripencies from intial tier 1 application.

CW gave our passports and BRs back and gave 14 days to apply for Admin review.

next day i went to see a solicitor to explain my situation.

option 1) if I pay the tax, will i get ILR?

Ans) No guarantee, but can try. As original case of deception may stand.(possible)

Option 2) can I now apply via 10 year route (as i have lived here just over 10 years)

Ans) No guarantee, but can try,As original case of deception may stand.(possible)

Option 3) What if my current company sponsers me?
Ans) No guarantee, but can try. As original case of deception may stand.(possible)

So i gave up hopes of fighting my case because i dont see a possibility, the original decision may stand. I dont want watse very little savings i have on court cases and all.

So leaving the country this week. after 10 long years and hard work, with a massive loss of relocating, will certainly have to bare a "reverse culture shock".So much stress for me and my partner.

Hope we will be fine and god bless.

noajthan

Re: ILR Refused due to T1 tax discrepancies

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Post moved to its own thread to avoid confusion & jumbling with any other topic.

I am sure other members will agree there is food for thought here - thanks for sharing.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tomtom1
Newly Registered

Post by tomtom1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:55 pm

And Guys,

Am leaving country voluntarily, paying for my own flight tickets.

(But checked with voluntary removals team, they said you dont need us, as you have your valid passports and you are paying for your flights.)

Filled a return of documents form online.

Hopefully they should send my documents before i leave. As i mentioned my leaving date in the online form.

If not our letting agent/landlord will post them to me, if they receive them,(STressfull).

Life has changed upside down, silly mistake in the past. Massive loss, gave whole house full of goods to charity and friends, sold my brand new car for cheap as chips to the dealer. stress unlimited, dream shattered, devastated.

Am telling all this because, someone may benefit from this.

Good luck to all you lovely people, be good, do good.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:00 pm

And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.
― Haruki Murakami

tomtom1
Newly Registered

Post by tomtom1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks @Noajthan,

I am already a changed person, literally forgot to smile. but yeah i will be fine.

As a young lad, i always used to say " No one dies virgin, life skews everyone"...

Life not just skewed me but barbecued me in this cold, gloomy winter.

But i accept, it was my mistake, listening to others, it was my ignorance more than innocence.

Thanks Guys

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:26 pm

when does your VISA expire?

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:05 pm

What are you talking about?? Mate they are giving silly reasons to reject all self employed people. Do not loose hope. Do not go back as that will be loosing without a fight. I would recommend (I am in the same situation) send (post) in another application but before doing that send your tax amendments if you have not allready. Now wait for both things to go concurrently wait for your new decision while waiting to pay taxes. Pay taxes and face a judge. Paying taxes but not in time is not a criminal offence but the judge will go by your condition at the day of application. You need to have a proof that at the day of application you had allready initiated the process of paying taxes. You shall win.

I have today paid 300 GBP for a 2 hours consultation with one of the biggest immigration Barristers in UK which is going to be tmr at 3pm. So post your situation about tax and I will try to get you an advice too.

God Bless
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Mate have you got Statutory Refusal for 10 years i.e 320, I am sure you have not as they know it is an amendable issue. Apply through 10 yr route this time after making sure that you qualify, as you said you have been here for over 10 yrs. Send in a Teir 1 General Dependant application for your dependants if you can afford or else send them back to your parents till you sort this out. For 10 yr long residence application its on Human rights ground and you will get right to appeal if you are rejected again on this reason. But make sure you declare taxes and if they are too much for you to pay in one go make a payment plan. I am not an expert but I have gone through each and every detail on this issue. You have a over 90 percent chance winning if you still with in the 28 day period of your rejection. Do it Tomorrow send in a Set LR application in the morning by next day delivery.
tomtom1 wrote:Hi Guys,

Option 2) can I now apply via 10 year route (as i have lived here just over 10 years)

Ans) No guarantee, but can try,As original case of deception may stand.(possible)

So i gave up hopes of fighting my case because i dont see a possibility, the original decision may stand. I dont want watse very little savings i have on court cases and all.

So leaving the country this week. after 10 long years and hard work, with a massive loss of relocating, will certainly have to bare a "reverse culture shock".So much stress for me and my partner.

PSCILR
BANNED

Post by PSCILR » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Jimtole

Could you please email me at

Moderator edit: email address removed as a safeguard against spammers.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:28 pm

I read your comments etc. Seems you are from India. India is a Progressing country and you might find it better than UK in many fronts (no facial discrimination, Good Weather, Own Culture, Food, Songs, Bollywood and list goes on). I only want to bring in your attention is WATER, mate India even after being one of the best countries to invest and work in has no water management till in place. Your grand sons will have no water to drink, Think about that, and take preventive measures now. That means do not leave UK just yet and fight for your water.

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Post by Holisi2000 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:01 pm

Sorry to hear that my good friend.. But I strongly believe there must be a way out to resolve your issue at hand. If I may asked when did the case worker gave you 14 day for Admin Review is the same day you visited POE and was it the same day you were refused ILR?

We are in similar situation Employed and self employed. They haven't gotten back to us for about a month now. I've printed out all previous self assessment submitted to HMRC in the past during my initial Tier 1 application. On that Tax return form there is a place that say "ANY OTHER INFORMATION" , I remember stating my total foreign income and Tax that was deducted on the page 7 of the self Assessment form. Least that would show I wasn't hiding anything about my foreign income. Even if I did not complete the columns for foreign income..

I'm still waiting to hear back from them, Even if they say I never declared it I've got evidence to show I actually did declared it in writing on the form where they asked for ANY OTHER INFORMATION FOR HMRC TO KNOW..

On your own case I strongly advice you to do something to convince them just seek for a more professional immigration lawyer to follow up with your case. God will see you through..

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:57 am

is your initial application based n self employed?

tomtom1
Newly Registered

Post by tomtom1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:56 am

Yes , Initial application was self employed.

14 days for admin review option was given in the PEO on the day of Refusal.

@ Jimtoole

I think am British now, after living here 10 years, my own country looks foreign to me(fact of life), I love London to Bits.

But I dont have money, time and patience to fight. And also they can stand on original decision.

I dont know about 10 years ban yet, as i haven't received my docs back yet. Hopefully that should not happen atleast.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:28 pm

Tomtom1

Your post is quite discouraging to others who are same actually in same boat as you don't know why you leaving this battle like that anyway that's your choice however could you help others what's exactly written in your refusal letter and what was your tax difference..

PSCILR
BANNED

Post by PSCILR » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 pm

5 star reply ... I have doubts on tomtom1 post anyway ... Not sure its geniune ..

Anyway will blame these useless moderators equally rather encourging him to apply for JR or go for legal battle they encourging his decision.

tomtom1
Newly Registered

Post by tomtom1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:10 pm

I am not here to discourage anyone. I only said i dont have money and patience to fight a battle, which costs me dont know, how many 1000's of pounds. and dont know, what will be the result,I dont want to keep my partner and family back home under stress.
the solicitor i spoke to charged 100 pounds for 20 mins, saying what i said, and said best to go back home.

I cant lie to myself right, so i made up my mind, am leaving.

Wish you all lovely people , all the best.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:12 pm

PSCILR wrote:5 star reply ... I have doubts on tomtom1 post anyway ... Not sure its geniune ..

Anyway will blame these useless moderators equally rather encourging him to apply for JR or go for legal battle they encourging his decision.
Moderators are not (as a rule) lawyers.

I see no "encouragement" either way from moderators in the trail of this post.

The OP is an entrepreneurial Tier 1 visa holder and presumed capable of making her/his own decisions, with or without the assistance of their team of advisors.

The OP has bared their soul here & explained their thought processes & decision-making very clearly.

@tomtom1, good luck for future endeavours.

This thread has now run its course - nothing more to be learned here.