ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test For British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DieselD

English Test For British Citizenship

Post by DieselD » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:14 pm

I have completed my third English Test since my journey began to immigrate to the UK. I have passed Grade 5 Level B1 in 2014 and now invalid for British Citizenship. In 4 years and 3 months I completed 3 English tests. The Certificates are only valid for 2 years.

New Test Requirements include voice recognition technology to ensure it is actually you taken the test. Can only be done at Trinity Colleges.

Cost £ 150

Fill out the Topic Form of your choice and bring it with a photo ID, usually passport.

They take a photo and make you sign in front of them to verify your signature matches.

Ear inspection to ensure no electronic devices.

Voice capture. Count to 10 twice with one second intervals.

Taken to examination room. Glass windows for transparency. Talk about your prepared topic for 5 minutes followed by talk from their list of topics as follows:

Festivals
Transport
Music
Entertainment
Recent person experience

They chose any 2 topics and ask you to ask them a question about the topic being discussed. This takes another 5 minutes.

Straight after they advise if failed or passed and present a document with the your SELT number. The SELT number is needed for the Home Office on the application form to prove your result.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: English Test For British Citizenship

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 am

What you describe above is pretty much exactly how my test went at Trinity College. Annoyingly, I didn't know about the signature bit before the test, and I have not used the signature in my 9 year old passport for a long time. Thankfully you get two attempts, and I did it fairly well on the second go.