ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Vsa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ma0911b
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Vsa

Post by ma0911b » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi,

I am planning to get married in the next 2 years. My fiancee is from Pakistan. My gross salary is only £13,485. (well below the 18,600 requirement) I have heard that if you don't make that much yearly then having £25000 in savings in your account can make up for it. Does anyone know anything about that?

I may be wrong but it seems too easy to just get a loan and leave it in your account for 6 months.....? Or is that just not allowed? I hope someone here knows about it and can help me out. I'm kinda worried. Any help?

Thanks. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Vsa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Suggest you ask your questions nearer to the time, anything can change between now and then.

Not sure about the savings calculation but it is not as clear cut as you put it and also unlikely you would be a £25k loan based on your earnings and do also remember that the loan repayments will reflect clearly on your bank statements for HO to see.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DieselD

Re: UK Spouse Vsa

Post by DieselD » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Your finances will become crucial as you go through the process. Whilst you may qualify with a loan you will need to meet the threshold at the next application. Your loan and proof where it came from will need to show proof of source and repayment structure. It's far better to earn the required threshold,showing proof of a permanent job and accommodation criteria and remain in that situation for the entire process until your spouse becomes gets ILR. Also you need to keep a history of letters addressed to both of you as proof of address. Try get your names on joint accounts Bank, Council Tax etc. It's not easy and I wouldn't attempt to apply until you are ready as once you are refused it's much harder to reapply. English tests need to be passed and assume your intended spouse can already speak English. The law changes all the time. Keep reading it and all the forums here to get up to date information. You need to also factor in costs of applications, Biometric Resident Permits, English Tests, Life in The UK test.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)