ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestion regarding PM Use: Moderators

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

martinstroke

Suggestion regarding PM Use: Moderators

Post by martinstroke » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Hello,

To the moderators and member of this forum. I will like to make a suggestion as regarding the use of PM on this site.

I like many other people have been truly educated from peoples personal experiences during various visa applications from this site and would like to say a big kudos. Albeit, I have just a suggestion about allowing people to use the PM button either after say 10 posts or maybe limiting the number of PM a member can say send to about 5 in a week.

My reasons for saying the above is not to circumvent any of the forum laws, but I for instance just like many members of this honourable forum have a similar case in which some applicants who have applied and have been successful in the last application but some of them have not been on the forum again and would be nice to rub minds and ask 1 or 2 questions with such individuals, albeit they are at liberty to share there success stories. This way it would be nice to probably PM such person or persons and they may be able to come back and help respond to others and can share.

I am quite sure that there are probably lots of people who would agree with my view, but ultimately the decision rests with the moderators of the board.

I hope that this can be looked into and hopefully we can have other members who will second my suggestions.

Thanks very much and looking forward to your replies

Martins :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Suggestion regarding PM Use: Moderators

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Members used to have access to the PM function after 10 posts. Members were abusing the PM function especially in light of the recent Tax discrepancies for Tier 1 G to ILR migrants.

It was recently agreed to increase the posts to 30 before PM can be accessed. Many members who suddenly have access to PM, often stop posting on the public forum completely. A reminder that everyone on this forum is in effect a stranger and could be anyone (genuine, scammer, spammer).

Moderators or senior members are not privy to any advice given on PM and therefore any incorrect or advice suspected of circumventing the immigration rules cannot be corrected or removed etc.

Members who post 'nonsense or irrelevant random' posts to increase their post counts, have their access to PM function disabled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Re: Suggestion regarding PM Use: Moderators

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 pm

martinstroke wrote:...

My reasons for saying the above is not to circumvent any of the forum laws, but I for instance just like many members of this honourable forum have a similar case in which some applicants who have applied and have been successful in the last application but some of them have not been on the forum again and would be nice to rub minds and ask 1 or 2 questions with such individuals, albeit they are at liberty to share there success stories. This way it would be nice to probably PM such person or persons and they may be able to come back and help respond to others and can share.

Martins :D
My 2 Euros worth...

One of the best ways to do this is to post in the public forum.

In this way a question receives maximum exposure, maximum diversity of viewpoints & advice plus benefiting from Devil's Advocacy & rigorous crosschecking & verification by the collective 'hive mind' of the forum.

All that is lost by the use of PM which is a 1:1 communication, useful in specific circumstances.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.