ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cork121
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Cork121 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi Every one,
i have got my Approval on 27th January .i have sent the card and fee very next day was expecting to be invited for Waterford Ceremony but unfortunately i have not been contacted yet for March ceremony am sure i will be invited for April Ceremony in Dublin But my Question is that .i had already made plans for holidays in March now i am flying in mid of March and will come back first week of April.do i need garda Card for travelling ?i have valid Visa Stamp on passport .can any body advise me if there are any issue if i travel now ?

Avan123
Newly Registered

Post by Avan123 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Hello I am new here and i must say this has been a great read and i have learn alot.
My husband is in the progress of applying we applied end of Dec which they didnt get until Jan with all the holidays and we have just send back all the extra bit that they have requested.
I just have a few questions if anyone would know the answers that would great and thanks in advance.

Are we classed as being in stage 2?
received letter , payment receipt and letter requesting more info
Have sent back

If we are in stage 2 how long after sending back all the docs roughly do you get a letter stating its be granted? (we have applied under being married to an Irish Citz)

The main questions i was wanting to ask if anyone knew the answer was it my husband does not get a cermony date before his 5 year eea family permit is up does that mean he can not stay here? Or once he gets the letter of approval is that enough to allow him to stay and wait until the next ceremony.
I get now that we should have applies after him being here 3 years but ofcourse i am last minuite annie as normal.

I have been informed that the 15Apriil Ceremony is already full so there is not chance of getting into this for us but i hope many of you will

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello guys i just wana know how long i mean the maximum months a approval decision can be taken? Actually i applied last July on eufam4 five years base. And i emailed them first week of feb and they said they are checking reconable residency and character as they always say.
Anyone had same timeline or anyone know why is it taking that long please. Anyway i never had any offence in the country.
I have no Idea guys,anyone please

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 am

="dhruv87
I think in your apolication some problem.when did u get 2 nd stage letter.otherwise which email u sent them its mean take time.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 am

Cork
Yes u need garda card for travelling . U can request to them by email if they have availbility for waterford ceremony .
When u submitted your garda card u cannot travel.if u read your approval letter.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:06 am

dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys i just wana know how long i mean the maximum months a approval decision can be taken? Actually i applied last July on eufam4 five years base. And i emailed them first week of feb and they said they are checking reconable residency and character as they always say.
Anyone had same timeline or anyone know why is it taking that long please. Anyway i never had any offence in the country.
I have no Idea guys,anyone please
Every application is different but my wife applied on same basis early August and her letter granting citizenship was issued on January 15th

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:18 am

Punjabi wrote:="dhruv87
I think in your apolication some problem.when did u get 2 nd stage letter.otherwise which email u sent them its mean take time.
I got 2nd stage letter in sep bro. Still don't know wt happening nd how long be more..

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Cork121 wrote:Hi Every one,
i have got my Approval on 27th January .i have sent the card and fee very next day was expecting to be invited for Waterford Ceremony but unfortunately i have not been contacted yet for March ceremony am sure i will be invited for April Ceremony in Dublin But my Question is that .i had already made plans for holidays in March now i am flying in mid of March and will come back first week of April.do i need garda Card for travelling ?i have valid Visa Stamp on passport .can any body advise me if there are any issue if i travel now ?
I have seen people travelling with approval letters and valid visa. This was around one year back. I hope it would be the same if you travel now too. You can explain your circumstances that made necessary for you to travel before the ceremony.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:23 pm

After the ceremony, I understand that in order to get the irish passport we need to send out passport along with other documentation (birth certificate, etc). does anyone know how long would take to get the Irish passport, or at least to get back the passport we have to send to them?
is it feasible to only send a certified copy of the passport?

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:01 pm

jumanufer wrote:After the ceremony, I understand that in order to get the irish passport we need to send out passport along with other documentation (birth certificate, etc). does anyone know how long would take to get the Irish passport, or at least to get back the passport we have to send to them?
You don't need to send your current/old passport for getting Irish passport (for first time for new Irish citizens). Current processing time for Irish passport is average 12 days.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 pm

mCGIW wrote:
jumanufer wrote:After the ceremony, I understand that in order to get the irish passport we need to send out passport along with other documentation (birth certificate, etc). does anyone know how long would take to get the Irish passport, or at least to get back the passport we have to send to them?
You don't need to send your current/old passport for getting Irish passport (for first time for new Irish citizens). Current processing time for Irish passport is average 12 days.

Thanks a lot. I found this information in the web site:
Citizenship through naturalisation - you should include:
•Your naturalisation certificate
•Your foreign passport
•Your birth certificate
•Your civil marriage or civil partnership certificate (if you have changed your surname)

If your documents are not in English you must also supply a certified English version, translated by a registered translator. You may also be required to provide further information and/or attend for interview.

Is it not correct the foreign passport part?
Also in relation with the birth certificate, my wife has it in Spanish with the Aspotile as well as the official translation (in Argentina) certified etc. According to this, she will need to get it translated again but here in Ireland with a certified translator?

Does anyone has experienced this? or this is just for a worse case scenario?
For me it does not make sense since we have already provided the birth certificate for naturalisation, so how it comes that they do accept it for naturalisation but not for passport issue?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:11 pm

You don't need to send your current/old passport for getting Irish passport (for first time for new Irish citizens). Current processing time for Irish passport is average 12 days
The paperwork I got at the ceremony in December said to send in your passport with the Irish passport application. It specifically says to send in the passport from your country of origin, and a photocopy is not acceptable. To give an idea of timeline, I sent my application on Jan. 22, and received my Irish passport and all other documents today.

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:20 pm

jumanufer wrote:
mCGIW wrote:

Thanks a lot. I found this information in the web site:
Citizenship through naturalisation - you should include:
•Your naturalisation certificate
•Your foreign passport
•Your birth certificate
•Your civil marriage or civil partnership certificate (if you have changed your surname)

If your documents are not in English you must also supply a certified English version, translated by a registered translator. You may also be required to provide further information and/or attend for interview.

Is it not correct the foreign passport part?
Also in relation with the birth certificate, my wife has it in Spanish with the Aspotile as well as the official translation (in Argentina) certified etc. According to this, she will need to get it translated again but here in Ireland with a certified translator?

Does anyone has experienced this? or this is just for a worse case scenario?
For me it does not make sense since we have already provided the birth certificate for naturalisation, so how it comes that they do accept it for naturalisation but not for passport issue?
You are right. The information that I gave was what I did 2 years ago. I didn't realise that changes could have happened within 2 years :roll:. Anyway good to know the current information from you.

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:45 am

Hi everyone.
I'm just wondering if INIS will be sending more approvals or they stoped as we know the next will be on the 16of April thanks.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:52 pm

="celiakara"
I hope so they will start approval after 4 march ceremony.

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi Punjabi
I seen from a member a post saying that the 15 April citizenchip ceremonie its full booked up is it true????so it wnt be anymore approvals.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:53 pm

celiakara wrote:Hi Punjabi
I seen from a member a post saying that the 15 April citizenchip ceremonie its full booked up is it true????so it wnt be anymore approvals.
Hi could you please tell me what you mean by ceremony is fully booked up ?

Thank you

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi
I have seen it from Avan123 on I think on 09 Tuesday 16 .
She has been informed that the 15 April ceremonie was full .I don't know how???

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:14 am

When do they usually send out approvals? Can u get approval 3 months before the citizenship ceremony? Or even four months before?

Avan123
Newly Registered

Post by Avan123 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi Yes it was me
I had emailed them last week asking advise that if we sent in the extra but if paperwork they had requested straight away would we have a chance of getting in the 15th April.
Any this was the reply

The numbers for this ceremony are already achieved.

Please be advised that there are currently no dates set forfuture
ceremonies to take place in 2016. As soon as one has been announced itwill
appear on our website http://www.inis.gov.ie/

Regards
Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

To me it just means anyone applying now will not get the April one. Anyone been approved letters prob being sent out nearer the time

evajohnson
Newly Registered

Post by evajohnson » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:50 pm

yes u can travel without your Gnib card. Just make sure you have your re-entry visa, a copy of Gnib and your approval letter. I just came in from travel too last week and thats what i presented on the port of entry.waiting invitation letter from inis

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:32 pm

Avan123 wrote:Hi Yes it was me
I had emailed them last week asking advise that if we sent in the extra but if paperwork they had requested straight away would we have a chance of getting in the 15th April.
Any this was the reply

Regards
Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

To me it just means anyone applying now will not get the April one. Anyone been approved letters prob being sent out nearer the time
What do u think about the people who applied in january? And got second stage letter on last week january too? Do u think theres a chance that we can be included in the april ceremony? Or not a hope?
One of my friend applied in november 2015 and got her approval feb 2016. 2.5months in total only. Based on 5 years residency. Talk about luck:)

Avan123
Newly Registered

Post by Avan123 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 am

pixie12 wrote:
Avan123 wrote:Hi Yes it was me
Any this was the reply

Regards
Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

What do u think about the people who applied in january? And got second stage letter on last week january too? Do u think theres a chance that we can be included in the april ceremony? Or not a hope?
One of my friend applied in november 2015 and got her approval feb 2016. 2.5months in total only. Based on 5 years residency. Talk about luck:)

Prob you have a very good chance as I wouldn't have thought they would be sending out the letters just yet.
Oh that was really quick with you friend. In hoping for the same turn around with ours as visa runs in May. Though we had to wait a long time for the psni report as we live in Northern Ireland so all correct docs sent in last week so Hoping for some good news in the next few weeks

berytus
Newly Registered

Post by berytus » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:29 am

Hey Everyone,

I got my approval, please find timeline below and good luck to all applicants!

Application sent: September 30, 2015
Application Received: October 2, 2015
Acknowledgment Letter Received: October 12, 2015
Second Stage Letter Sent: November 3, 2015
Second Stage Letter Received: November 13, 2015
Approval Dated: February 5, 2016
Approval Received: February 7, 2016
Ceremony Letter: Pending

Best,
Berytus

Cork121
Newly Registered

Post by Cork121 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:48 pm

evajohnson wrote:yes u can travel without your Gnib card. Just make sure you have your re-entry visa, a copy of Gnib and your approval letter. I just came in from travel too last week and thats what i presented on the port of entry.waiting invitation letter from inis
Hi evajohnson ,
thanks for your kind information .just want to know if i can get a re Entry Visa ?what would be the process ?
do i have to pay fee for that ?