ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Richard8655
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for British Passport online - Return of documen

Post by Richard8655 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:19 pm

ScopeD wrote:
Why do you say they don't normally return documents? They will return them if you submit documents such as birth certificates etc.
Sorry, I might have caused misunderstanding. I was referring to forms and copies of documents such as foreign passports that they don't return. Original documents such as birth certificates, naturalization certificates, actual passports, etc., of course they return. But the latter would apply more to citizenship applications, although to passport renewals too in some cases.I was thinking about uncomplicated passport renewals.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Re: Applying for British Passport online

Post by jeff.lebowski » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:31 am

Hi

Quick question about returning supporting documents for online applications. There is an option to pay £3 extra for secure delivery. Which service do they use? Is it DX, Royal Mail or another courier? Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:43 am

jeff.lebowski wrote:Hi

Quick question about returning supporting documents for online applications. There is an option to pay £3 extra for secure delivery. Which service do they use? Is it DX, Royal Mail or another courier? Many thanks.
Royal Mail Special Delivery I believe.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

longshift

Post by longshift » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi,

Which address to use for sending declaration form?

is the below address correct, where you sent your form:

Her Majesty's Passport Office (ONL - UK), PO Box 2000
Liverpool, L69 3FQ

Reason for the question is that the above address is different to the one on the paper form envelope.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Post by jeff.lebowski » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:31 pm

longshift wrote:Hi,

Which address to use for sending declaration form?

is the below address correct, where you sent your form:

Her Majesty's Passport Office (ONL - UK), PO Box 2000
Liverpool, L69 3FQ

Reason for the question is that the above address is different to the one on the paper form envelope.
You need to send your declaration form and all supporting documents to the address shown on your declaration form. If your says Liverpool send it to Liverpool.

I have also applied for my passport online today and address shown on my declaration form is:

Her Majesty's Passport Office (ONL - UK), PO Box 1270, Peterborough, PE1 9QP

If they want me to send it there I will send it there.

You should not confuse paper and online applications. You can see on both addresses (ONL - UK) so it is obvious these are only for online applications.

Can I also ask if anyone has got a list of all online status notifications?

Mine currently says:
Awaiting information from the applicant

What are next stages?

Many thanks

longshift

Post by longshift » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:23 pm

jeff.lebowski wrote: You need to send your declaration form and all supporting documents to the address shown on your declaration form. If your says Liverpool send it to Liverpool.

I have also applied for my passport online today and address shown on my declaration form is:

Her Majesty's Passport Office (ONL - UK), PO Box 1270, Peterborough, PE1 9QP

If they want me to send it there I will send it there.
Interesting. I thought that there would be a centralised system for all online applicants. But it seems they are delegating work to different offices. Thanks for this insight. Just wanted to make sure my application don't get lost in the system.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Post by jeff.lebowski » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:31 pm

longshift wrote:Just wanted to make sure my application don't get lost in the system.
Just post it via trackable service like Royal Mail Special Delivery and it will not get lost :)

longshift

Post by longshift » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:24 am

jeff.lebowski wrote:
Just post it via trackable service like Royal Mail Special Delivery and it will not get lost :)
I am more worried about it getting lost in their system then with Royal mail. :lol: Just did the special delivery today.

longshift

Post by longshift » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 am

jeff.lebowski wrote:Can I also ask if anyone has got a list of all online status notifications?

Mine currently says:

What are next stages?

Many thanks
There are 4 different options that will be shown here:

We are either waiting for your signed declaration form, or we have sent you a letter or an email and we are waiting for your reply. To make sure our emails don't get missed in your spam folder, check your spam or junk folder regularly, or adjust your spam filter settings.

Declaration form received, being processed
We have received your declaration form and we are processing your application (eg it is being examined).

Dispatched
Your new passport has been printed and will be delivered shortly to the return address that you have given us.

Please contact us
We would like you to contact us so we can discuss a query we have with your application.

Also, HMPO uses DXsecure for secure delivery. A friend of mine paid £3 for it and he got his passport through DX.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Post by jeff.lebowski » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 pm

longshift wrote: There are 4 different options that will be shown here:
Thank you.

longshift

Post by longshift » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:08 am

I sent my declaration form on 26th with special delivery. It reached Liverpool office on 27th. I can see someone signed for it. However, the online status is still showing Awaiting information from the applicant . Is this normal. Jeff, did your status changed or is it still showing the same.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Post by jeff.lebowski » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:50 pm

longshift wrote:Jeff, did your status changed or is it still showing the same.
Hi longshift,

I have posted mine on the 27th in the afternoon via Royal Mail Special Delivery. Checked online tracking on Royal Mail website and it was delivered and signed for at 8:23am on the 28th. When logged into gov.uk passport website in the evening status was already updated to "Declaration form received, being processed"

Looks like guys in Peterborough are not so busy as in Liverpool :D
Be patient, you know it has been delivered so give them some time to process.

carrick
Newly Registered

Applying for British Passport from country other than birth?

Post by carrick » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:15 am

Hi All,

I have just applied for my British Passport. I have recently acquired British Citizenship by registration and have my certificate.

My question is, I moved from New Zealand with my family to Australia when I was 10 years old on my parents passport in 1979 and now am a naturalised citizen of Australia but they are also asking for the passport and documents I used to travel to my country of residence. Being it was 37 years ago and on my parents old expired passports which we no longer have or the airline tickets. I have no evidence on how I moved to Australia. Would this be a big concern??

I have documented this in a letter which I included with my application

Other than that I have included all original documents that are required as well as my current Australian passport which I have colour photocopied all pages.

Also would I also have an interview here in Melbourne?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:28 pm

longshift wrote:I sent my declaration form on 26th with special delivery. It reached Liverpool office on 27th. I can see someone signed for it. However, the online status is still showing Awaiting information from the applicant . Is this normal. Jeff, did your status changed or is it still showing the same.
I sent mine Special delivery, should have arrived on Tuesday 02 February, but the status is still awaiting information from the applicant. I've lost the tracking number so can't track it to know if it's been received or not. Any advice?
Longshift, has your status been changed now? If so, how long did it take since they received it?

Mine was sent to Peterborough

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:17 am

Ok. Seems like mine was actually delivered as I've just received a letter from them asking for me to resubmit the application form, with two new photographs and a countersignature, all because the signature was too close to the edge of the box (but not outside it) so couldn't be scanned. Quite frustrating and silly in my opinion as the guidelines specify that it must be inside the box, which it was.

So just a word of advice to everyone, make sure your signature is not even close to the edges of the signature box!

Richard8655
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for British Passport from country other than bi

Post by Richard8655 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:23 am

carrick wrote:Hi All,

I have just applied for my British Passport. I have recently acquired British Citizenship by registration and have my certificate.

My question is, I moved from New Zealand with my family to Australia when I was 10 years old on my parents passport in 1979 and now am a naturalised citizen of Australia but they are also asking for the passport and documents I used to travel to my country of residence. Being it was 37 years ago and on my parents old expired passports which we no longer have or the airline tickets. I have no evidence on how I moved to Australia. Would this be a big concern??

Other than that I have included all original documents that are required as well as my current Australian passport which I have colour photocopied all pages.

I would think providing a color copy of your current Australian passport is sufficient. I can't imagine they would expect you to still have a passport from 37 years ago. In my opinion, you should be fine.

jxn
Newly Registered

Post by jxn » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Question, when have people received their supporting documents back? Has it been before or after you have received your interview letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:35 pm

jxn wrote:Question, when have people received their supporting documents back? Has it been before or after you have received your interview letter?
It varies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

carrick
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for British Passport from country other than bi

Post by carrick » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:56 am

Richard8655 wrote:
carrick wrote:Hi All,

I would think providing a color copy of your current Australian passport is sufficient. I can't imagine they would expect you to still have a passport from 37 years ago. In my opinion, you should be fine.
Well I can answer my own questions!

1. Looks like my signed letter stating that I was young when I moved from NZ to Australia was good.
2. I didn't have to attend an interview (my Countersignatory was a British Citizen)
3. It took only 2 weeks for my application to be process. Delivery of passport is due 22 Feb.

Fast and simple for an overseas first passport applicant! My journey is over!

good luck to those still applying!

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 am

Hi

Need help please.

On the declaration form next to CounterSignature is a box on that page that am not sure if I need to fill in. Its the box on the right hand side of the form that says (Relationship of applicant to intended passport holder) Do i need to fill this as well please?

Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:53 am

rc0906 wrote:Hi

Need help please.

On the declaration form next to CounterSignature is a box on that page that am not sure if I need to fill in. Its the box on the right hand side of the form that says (Relationship of applicant to intended passport holder) Do i need to fill this as well please?

Thanks for your help
You need to complete it yes. Only you will know what the relationship is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Richard8655
Newly Registered

Post by Richard8655 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:09 pm

I believe that box is only used if you're applying for someone else. This is usually used when applying on behalf of children. Otherwise, most people leave it blank. You can also write in "self".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Richard8655 wrote:I believe that box is only used if you're applying for someone else. This is usually used when applying on behalf of children. Otherwise, most people leave it blank. You can also write in "self".
Or a person can write in 'Friend' or 'work colleague'
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:18 am

I am going to apply British passport soon after ceremoney. What documents i need to enclose and if someone light on the application form, it will be appreciated. Thanks. I may use Post office check and send service.
jignesh

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Richard8655 wrote:I believe that box is only used if you're applying for someone else. This is usually used when applying on behalf of children. Otherwise, most people leave it blank. You can also write in "self".

Thanks very much. I left it blank and posted my application before i posted my question here ( Bit silly of me). Thanks for confirming though!