ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents-Expired Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chisomekwu
Mood:

ILR Documents-Expired Passport

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:42 pm

A friend is due to make ILR application by end of May 2016.Unfortunatlely, his wife's passport is due to expire in end of April 2016.

He wanted to know if this would affect the application as the wife said she wont apply for a new passport until her previous passport expires meaning she will wait till end of April or even in May or June upwards.

He equally told me that HO told him they have the photocopy of his wfe's passport when he requested it to be returned cos she wanted to travel but he was still wondering if he could use that for the aplication by May 2016 since it would have expired by then :?: .

* Since he is expected to apply within 28 days prior to the expiration of his visa, can he use the expired passport for his ILR application if his wife fails to renew her passport before his application is due?

Any advice from gurus here will be appreaciated :mrgreen:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Documents-Expired Passport

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Not sure under which category she is applying for ILR as you don't say, but she needs a valid passport to apply for ILR.

What is her nationality? I have never heard of this where you cannot renew until a passport has expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:11 pm

CR001 wrote:Not sure under which category she is applying for ILR as you don't say, but she needs a valid passport to apply for ILR.

What is her nationality? I have never heard of this where you cannot renew until a passport has expired.

The person applying for ILR is Nigerian. Wife is British. Passport Expires End of April.
Main application for ILR is at the end of May.

The main issue is that hsi wife said she will wait till the passport expires in April before she can apply for another one. And he is trying to get her to apply for a new one before his ILR application in may 2016.

if in the event of non application for her expired passport, can he apply with her passport which expired in April or does he have to waiti till she get a valid passport?

Does he still need her passport forILR application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:40 pm

The wife is British. Having a passport does not make her any less British. Expired passport should be fine. In saying that, a person can apply for a British passport using the same day service, it takes 4 hours and the passport is ready to collect.

The applicant has to have a valid passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:52 pm

CR001 wrote:The wife is British. Having a passport does not make her any less British. Expired passport should be fine. In saying that, a person can apply for a British passport using the same day service, it takes 4 hours and the passport is ready to collect.

The applicant has to have a valid passport.
Thanks for your advise mate