ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

narsii

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:05 pm

I think NCS Barnet , doesn't provide JCAPS service . But Brent Does , was it Brent or Barnet where you applied .

Regards,
Narsii
umg04 wrote:Hi All,

I also applied through NCS Barnet and must say wasnt the best experience for me as well.

I got question for every who applied for combined application but in particular to guys who applied in January 2016.

I applied on 20th Jan n got money deducted for AN application on 04th Jan n done my Bio on 08th Jan but still no money has been deducted for Passport.

Looking at all previous post m seeing normally either its on same date n in some case after couple of days money going off for AN they take money out for passport Application but in my case still no money gone out for Passport, should I be worrying or do we know any other example of this kind , please?

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Looking through Kahaaf's time line , The approval was made with in a week after providing Bio-Metrics . I think there are many JCAPS applications in Jan ( Including me , I applied on 25 th of Jan and provided Bio on 11th of Feb) . The approval process has started for the Jan applicants and we can see more approvals soon

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK NARIC Deg assesment + UK NARIC English assessment + Mas.Degree Cer.
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS - Hackney ( Combined AN+ Passport)
Date of application: 25/01/2016
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/01/2016
Date of acknowledgement: 05/02/2016
Date money gone off account: 05/02/2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 08/02/2016
Biometrics done: 09/02/2016
Date of approval: (16/02/2016) Letter received 19/02/2016
Date applied for passports: TBC
Date passports received: TBC

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Apologies for my ignorance , Looks like Brent and Barnet both use Brent NCS for the naturalisation service .
narsii wrote:I think NCS Barnet , doesn't provide JCAPS service . But Brent Does , was it Brent or Barnet where you applied .

Regards,
Narsii
umg04 wrote:Hi All,

I also applied through NCS Barnet and must say wasnt the best experience for me as well.

I got question for every who applied for combined application but in particular to guys who applied in January 2016.

I applied on 20th Jan n got money deducted for AN application on 04th Jan n done my Bio on 08th Jan but still no money has been deducted for Passport.

Looking at all previous post m seeing normally either its on same date n in some case after couple of days money going off for AN they take money out for passport Application but in my case still no money gone out for Passport, should I be worrying or do we know any other example of this kind , please?

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:04 pm

@Narsi

Thats is true I applied in Brent n Choose appointment at Barnet in Barnet just becuase its easier to park.

Just checked my acknowledgement letter n there is no mention of recieving my passport application its only mention AN6(+1) n still no fee taken out for passport.

Any idea why it would be n do we have any other member who had same experience?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 pm

umg04 wrote:Just checked my acknowledgement letter n there is no mention of recieving my passport application its only mention AN6(+1) n still no fee taken out for passport.

Any idea why it would be n do we have any other member who had same experience?
The acknowledgement letter is sent by the HO, and is just to acknowledge the receipt of your AN application. Your passport application is processed independent to this by HMPO, and they do not send an acknowledgement for that. You should however have received a passport checking receipt from Barnet, which will have the JCAP barcode on it, which you can use for tracking your application once you have attended the ceremony. It was the same when I applied in November through Brent. All you would see is the fee deduction on your bank or cc statement. HMPO don't send any correspondence out, other than the final text message when dispatching the printed passport.

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi,

So you are saying in your case as well money wasnt taken out untill you had your approval for AN? I have been checking my online banking n can confirm no money has gone out for passport application.

Just spoke to Brent council n their manager is going to call HO to find out why money hasnt been taken out for passport applicatin.

I ll update as soon I hear anything back.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:56 pm

umg04 wrote:So you are saying in your case as well money wasnt taken out untill you had your approval for AN? I have been checking my online banking n can confirm no money has gone out for passport application.
No, that's not what I was saying. I was just explaining that you wouldn't receive an acknowledgement for your passport application.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking link in my signature below. Passport fee was taken within 5 days of my AN fee.

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Sorry I missunderstood.

Right - So just had a callback from Brent manager saying she called HO n have spoken to my caseworker (through caseworker team) who is going to call passport team to take the money off the account. so ll update once money has been taken out.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:06 pm

umg04 wrote:Sorry I missunderstood.

Right - So just had a callback from Brent manager saying she called HO n have spoken to my caseworker (through caseworker team) who is going to call passport team to take the money off the account. so ll update once money has been taken out.
That's good news and progress. It's good that you have that communication channel to HMPO, indirectly through the NCS and HO. Fingers crossed, it'll be resolved for you soon.

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Update:

Just checked my online banking and it apprears money has now been taken out for passport as well.

Have a good weekend everyone out there.

admanager
Newly Registered

Post by admanager » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Hello,
Can someone clarify how the passport application goes with naturalisation application?

When I made my naturalisation app through NCS, I wasn't told anything about separate passport application.

BTW, please how much is for passport application ?

Thanks a million!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:26 pm

admanager wrote:Hello,
Can someone clarify how the passport application goes with naturalisation application?

When I made my naturalisation app through NCS, I wasn't told anything about separate passport application.

BTW, please how much is for passport application ?

Thanks a million!
If you have already submitted your naturalisation application, then you cannot use this JCAP pilot scheme, which is only available at a limited number of councils participating in the trial. You will have to wait until your application is decided and receive your certificate at the ceremony to apply for your passport. The options available to you would be to either apply online/post or by the post office check and send service. You can pick up a passport application pack from your local post office after attending your citizenship ceremony.
https://www.gov.uk/passport-fees

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:46 pm

So do you fill in payment details when you arrive at the appointment. do they give you a separate form for passport and AN form application. I will be interested from those who have been through the process under jcap scheme
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:45 pm

arsenal49 wrote:So do you fill in payment details when you arrive at the appointment. do they give you a separate form for passport and AN form application. I will be interested from those who have been through the process under jcap scheme
Hi Arsenal49. You download fee slip from link below and fill up with your AN form and passport slip is available with the form help book (last page ).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf
I hope you find your answer .

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:30 am

@hadi
Do I need to pay ceremony fee with application or pay separate after approval. £1005 normal fee just fill the form attached with An application. I am going to apply under JCAP scheme bit confused now, Do I need to download 2 payment form (AN+Passport) ? Please explain in detail will useful for other members as well.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Saleem

hadi2012 wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:So do you fill in payment details when you arrive at the appointment. do they give you a separate form for passport and AN form application. I will be interested from those who have been through the process under jcap scheme
Hi Arsenal49. You download fee slip from link below and fill up with your AN form and passport slip is available with the form help book (last page ).

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 am

saleem19k wrote:@hadi
Do I need to pay ceremony fee with application or pay separate after approval. £1005 normal fee just fill the form attached with An application. I am going to apply under JCAP scheme bit confused now, Do I need to download 2 payment form (AN+Passport) ? Please explain in detail will useful for other members as well.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Saleem
Hi saleem19k
1:- You don't need to pay separate fee for ceremony. When you pay £1005 your ceremony fee is include in this fee .
2:- passport application fee is £72.50 . When you collect a passport form from post office and guidance book with the form and last page of the guidace book is fee slip.

hadi2012 wrote:

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:42 am

Good Morning All,

I applied through NCS Brent on Feb 15, 2016, when I checl it on the DX courier website i was delivered next day.

My concern is that neither I have received any acknowledgement nor money is gone from my account :( :(

Any suggestions from seniors will be welcomed.

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:31 am

Hi Tehminamazher,when you scan through the Jan Applicants timelines , you will notice that the pilot and non-pilot schemes are almost aligned. It takes around 10 calendar days for them to start processing the application.
It seems that the pilot scheme applicants are batched on a week/2 week basis to keep it aligned for political reasons .

I know you are also excited , have patience .
tehminamazher wrote:Good Morning All,

I applied through NCS Brent on Feb 15, 2016, when I checl it on the DX courier website i was delivered next day.

My concern is that neither I have received any acknowledgement nor money is gone from my account :( :(

Any suggestions from seniors will be welcomed.

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 am

I had a same issue. It is now alligned with non pilot schemes and you should expect your money to leave accounts in 10 to 12 working days from date of original application date.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Mik1983 wrote:I had a same issue. It is now alligned with non pilot schemes and you should expect your money to leave accounts in 10 to 12 working days from date of original application date.
Hi mik1983
You are right. I applied through Wandsworth council on 04/02:16 . And fee deducted on 16/02/16 and passport fee on 20/02/16. But I am still waiting for acknowledgement and biometric letter. Let see when I receive .....

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Hadi2012

You should get your biometric request anytime this week.

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Revewing few posts on similar forums: I noticed that if you applied through JCAP and once you submitt your Biometrics. It is taking almost 2 to 3 weeks to get approval. Still good processing time I beleive. I submitted my biometrics on 18th Feb 2016: I will update my timeline as soon as I get approval.

Ta

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by ashdaone1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi there - I was wondering if there was a separate thread for combined applications timeline? I couldnt find any combined application timelines on the Timelines thread.

Thanks

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Hello everybody. .
I am going to apply for my combined naturalisation and passport application on the 1 March at NCS Cheltenham. ..
I'm going to apply with my son alone ..my husband is not going to apply for naturalisation as he s going to wait for atleast 6 months and then apply due to some credit defaults. We all got our ILR last year in Feb 2015.
I am going to submit all these documents with my applicatoon. .please advise if I'm missing something.

1) Completed AN form
2)original passport
3)biometric card
4) Liuk certificate
5)English test certificate
6) marriage certificate

For my son
1) completed MN1 form
2) original passport
3) bio metric card
4) birth certificate
5) letter from school .

Completed passport application form .

Please advise if I'm missing anything ..looking forward to hear from you all soon .

Regards
Zunera
zunera

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by ashdaone1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:28 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:Hello everybody. .
I am going to apply for my combined naturalisation and passport application on the 1 March at NCS Cheltenham. ..
I'm going to apply with my son alone ..my husband is not going to apply for naturalisation as he s going to wait for atleast 6 months and then apply due to some credit defaults. We all got our ILR last year in Feb 2015.
I am going to submit all these documents with my applicatoon. .please advise if I'm missing something.

1) Completed AN form
2)original passport
3)biometric card
4) Liuk certificate
5)English test certificate
6) marriage certificate

For my son
1) completed MN1 form
2) original passport
3) bio metric card
4) birth certificate
5) letter from school .

Completed passport application form .

Please advise if I'm missing anything ..looking forward to hear from you all soon .

Regards
Zunera
Two things to make sure:

1) You were present in the UK exactly 5 years before the date of application. So, make sure you were in UK on the 1st of March 2011. If not, they will ask you to move the date to a new one. And if you do it then, you lose your £64 appointment fee as you need to give them 72 hrs notice.

2) Bring any other old passports you have (if any).